It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swarming Birds on 9.27.2011 at approx 5:30 PM EST

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by timidgal

i live in central ohio an see birds do this all the time. Got to admit first time i seen birds fly like that i thought crud did someone give them crack lol

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by summer5

lol - that was me and I'm afraid I'm going to get a rep for being a paranoid delusional but the fact is that my entire apartment is comprised of windows that face the river and, especially over the last several months, I've been noticing some very unusual things...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
The video did not reflect an excessive amount of birds, I didn't see more than 200 at one time which is hardly a migrating flock. They could be gathering to get to that stage of migration but as it seems your window might need a little bit of cleaning as some of those birds were actually smudges!

Sorry, I know your feeling something in the air and likely the birds are too but when we get those feelings and finally look up we often see what is normally going on while we are not watching.

I will keep this thread in myATS so that I can reference it; I live in a migration pathway into Mexico which takes most Northern birds through to South America. As a matter of fact I can report that all the Hummingbirds here at my home just left less than 5 days ago, so soon the ducks will come through by the thousands, followed by the Ravens! (I mention those two because they come over in massive numbers, especially the Ravens).

I did get a little apprehensive when the Hummingbirds left since they can be comical to watch and then finding they are all gone at once is alarming, especially seeing the weather is still fair, but I have to admit we have had some chilly nights and that is usually the trigger to cause them to leave. Besides, I bet there are tons of flowers down south just waiting for all those incredible little gems!

If I get some good video I will post it in here, in the meantime I wouldn't worry too much about all that commotion out there; however, I do believe all people should do their part in feeding the birds. Be sure and keep a fresh water supply at all times for them and when you commit to feeding you cannot just stop one day, the neighboring birds who do not migrate rely on those meals we put out, especially during the Winter months.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by summer5
I am not sure about the birds, they were not flying like a flock typically does.

Wasn't it you OP that had the strange sounds and noises going on not to long ago?

I get that here all of the time. Em in West Virgina. Now i have spirits around my home as well...I have never seen so many black birds in my neighbor hood as I do now..Not saying that is what is going on with your neck of the woods..But i agree I don't think this is a typical migration. Here is something bizarre,There are so many birds here(black)birds now due to the evil spirits around my home and now just about all the robins are gone. And im use to getting up to a lot of birds every morning for about 6 months now,and this morning when I woke up there were just 2 blue jays..Where did all the birds go? Last night i was hit kind of hard with the solar flare. Even the black birds were not here..

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Now that's the kind of stuff I find really interesting. Thanks for posting...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

It really was unusual behavior for them but I guess they're entitled to an off day here and there. I think if it weren't for the birds - and then the neighbor - and then the cats, I probably wouldn't have given it much thought.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
They're dancing.

Or more specifically, a flock dancing as a single bird. It's a well observed, yet not really well understood phenomena. Flock collaboration remains in large part, a mystery.

The flock is clearly more than the messy sum of some hundreds of birds: it is a self-organized dynamic system showing emergent properties that escape our comprehension.

birdsandscience.blogspot.com...

Birds rule.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

Thanks for the assurance and not sure where you're located, by you should get in touch with that show, Dirty Jobs (on in the US). Sounds like yours would be one they might be interested in. I give you huge credit!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Seems to be the overall concensus. Thanks!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by eeks4

Spirits and birds too! Maybe Alfred Hitchcock has returned to shoot another sequel to "The Birds?"
Sorry, I just had to say that....

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I grew up in the mid west & this is normal this time of year if I remember correctly.
It's migration time, or there about. Since I moved to California I haven't witnessed
these seemingly endless flocks in 16 years. Thanks for posting.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
im 15 miles east of Manhattan

and birds that usually stir up a predictable noisy ruckus around 6am every mornin since july,

suddenly stopped and disappeared since mid august around the time of the mineral quake that was felt strongly up here.

im talking no birds and all since then, not even poop on my car except from pigeons when i park under the train station.

anyways while i was typing out the Iran false flag thread, there was a flock of i think starlings and such that flew over in one intense but quick ruckus. i didnt even bother to look out cuz im think its almost oct so its probably the few that were hiding in trees here and there since last month, finally teamed up and made a break for it and migrate somewhere else.

it could be solar-related ionogeomagnetics thats increasingly inducing this erratic behavior, imho

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Deadlockxii

S&F doesn't necessarily mean it's an earth-shattering or great thread. It always amazes me when people are like "why was THAT thread given S&F when it wasn't anything so great??".

The way I understand it, stars merely mean that people enjoyed a particular comment and flags mean those individuals that flagged it find the topic interesting and want to watch the thread to see what other's are contributing. Also, sometimes I'll flag a thread to signify that I appreciate the work the OP put into it. They're both just ways of acknowledging your peers.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by timidgal
reply to post by summer5

lol - that was me and I'm afraid I'm going to get a rep for being a paranoid delusional but the fact is that my entire apartment is comprised of windows that face the river and, especially over the last several months, I've been noticing some very unusual things...

No-NO!! That is not why I asked, just curious if more strange observations are being made in the same area...no rep silly!

There are strange things being noticed all over, don't stop sharing...some times dots can start to be connected (especially in certain areas/regions at the same time).

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by timidgal

Unless they start acting obviously spooked or you start noticing very strange behavior, I wouldn't worry about it.

I was floating in my pool one evening when I started to notice large numbers of birds flying west. Good numbers of separate groups flew over my backyard for about 45 minutes or so.

Of course, I thought an earthquake or something else was imminent. My friends had never noticed this behavior before, and it was new to me to have noticed it.

After nothing happened, I began to realize that apparently they chase the sun east here every morning, and west every evening.

Man, do I hate birds.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage
The video did not reflect an excessive amount of birds, I didn't see more than 200 at one time which is hardly a migrating flock. They could be gathering to get to that stage of migration but as it seems your window might need a little bit of cleaning as some of those birds were actually smudges!

Only three smudges to be exact which are outside and beyond my reach or I'd clean them off because they are a distraction. With that said, nothing that moved was a smudge.

You're obviously used to seeing high volumes of migrating birds (200 would be a huge number to me but obviously not to you) and are very knowledgeable about their migratory patterns, which I think is very interesting. It's something I'd definitely like to learn more about. It's also obvious that you have a keen appreciation for the birds (as well as other beings of nature, I'm sure) and I compliment you on your authenticity in this area.

Usually when I author a thread, my intent is to learn something new about the topic at hand and not to contribute to any type of fear-mongering; however, I also like to point out any other unusual things that might be simultaneously occurring (such as the behavior of my cats which was outside the norm). One of the aspects of ATS which I find so appealing is that aside from the conspiracy purists, there's usually several members who are knowledgeable enough about the topic presented in the OP to lend a bit of education to the discussion. Your's is one such post and please do share any video you have the opportunity to record.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by eeks4

Originally posted by summer5
I am not sure about the birds, they were not flying like a flock typically does.

Wasn't it you OP that had the strange sounds and noises going on not to long ago?

I get that here all of the time. Em in West Virgina. Now i have spirits around my home as well...I have never seen so many black birds in my neighbor hood as I do now..Not saying that is what is going on with your neck of the woods..But i agree I don't think this is a typical migration. Here is something bizarre,There are so many birds here(black)birds now due to the evil spirits around my home and now just about all the robins are gone. And im use to getting up to a lot of birds every morning for about 6 months now,and this morning when I woke up there were just 2 blue jays..Where did all the birds go? Last night i was hit kind of hard with the solar flare. Even the black birds were not here..

I'm not sure that summer5 meant anything derogatory by the comment, but even if he/she did, it really doesn't bother me in the least.

It sounds like you have some pretty hair-raising things going on over by you and if there's one thing I've learned, it's that when your gut tells you that certain events are connected, they usually are. It doesn't matter what anybody else thinks when you're certain of something down to your toes.

In my case, the birds were the motivators and the connection regarding my cats' reaction was probably borne of a natural cause (no pun intended) - perhaps my cats were more sensitive than I was to the sound of the birds and headed for the high hills; perfectly logical and plausible. In your case, it seems as if something supernatural is the motivator which is, in turn, making the birds react. I believe that both are possible and occur within the world on a fairly frequent basis. In this instance, I am the luckier of we two and I'm sorry to hear about what you're witnessing because it's scary.

I hope you get your spirit situation cleared up soon. If it's really disconcerting to you, you should start a thread in the Supernatural forum as there are many members here who are very knowledgeable in such matters; perhaps they can offer you some advice. I wish you luck!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by followtheevidence

I have to be honest - before today, I was not what one would consider a fan of birds. I had two bad experiences when I was a young girl involving birds and have kept myself respectfully distant from them since; however, I have to admit that all of the behavioral synchronicity being pointed out has peaked my interest and perhaps I haven't given them the credit they're due. I will look more into this "bird dance". Thanks!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by zapr1943

No worries - there's one in every bunch!!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by don rumsfeld

Likewise, thanks for replying. I had no idea there were such differences in migratory routes based on geography but it makes absolute sense when you consider that different species of birds have different habitat requirements. Also makes you wonder how much pollution levels have contributed to changes in migratory routes over the decades...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join