It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am going to leave my wife according to the loan officer at our bank

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
We have been looking for a newer 4X4 truck since last winter and we found what we wanted fairly fast and easy.
We carry no debt here what-so -ever just your regular bills and we pay those in full the day they arrive.
We own our home here free and clear and it is worth about 175 k or so and is in good shape.
My wife works full time for a major oil company and I am on disability with payments made also from when I got sick at work.
My total income is around 30 k or so a year after taxes.
My old truck is appraised at about 13 k and is in fine shape to say the least.
When my mom died I inherited a chunk of money and took it all and paid off our house mortgage here about 90k worth.
Ok to the story now if you are still here, I am deaf so my wife goes to our bank and works on setting up the loan for a newer truck (used)
I will go with her once the paper work is set up and just show me where to sign and we are good to go.
My truck now is for sale and all the money will go to the loan and as I said before we are debt free right now.
The wife comes home and says that the loan officer does not recommend that I have title to the truck because I "might leave the marriage" and leave my wife hanging for the loan.
What the hell is this stuff I ask?
Well to tell you the truth the "Loan Officer was younger than our marriage is"
Been married over 25 years and this person could not be more than 25 or so.
So this punk adds insult to injury by not addressing my questions when we get there.
I was very upset and yes I got the truck loan in my name but I was not happy.
Any guesses on the gender of the Loan Officer?
We have banked with this bank since day one, and I have never been so freeeking mad in my life.
One punk straight out of loan management school telling my wife she better watch out because the chances are I will leave her and the loan too.
Thats is it for me here, I had to post this or kick the crap out of a wall.
Regards, Iwinder

edit on 27-9-2011 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
You should be so angry that you leave your family and run off into a midlife crisis full of partying and pants that don't fit.

But seriously... People are idiots...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Mate

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

The whole no debt thing is looked badly upon by the banks. I'd say I'm in a similar situation, it's difficult to get a loan when they know your going to pay it off almost straight away and they know they won't be screwing you to the floor for every penny you've got.

Cheers

link   
must be a nice truck.

link   
Don't let snake bites poison your blood, words, or love. Console your wife, and continue living together happily. The venom has no effect on you and your kind (the strong willed). Don't worry, you'll be fine.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
You should have told the "Punk" not to leave work to go home tonight as he will more than likely "walk into a baseball bat" on the way home!

Of course no real violence intended, all persons are deemed ficticious and any coincidences to real or living persons is purely coincidental.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I'd drive the 4x4 up his ass.

You should file a complaint. Feels bad man.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Hahahahaha oh my god. I don´t know how i react to a comment like that. WTF??

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I feel for you.

Not sure of the gender..but curious

I had a potential landlord tell my gf the same thing..because I had massive student loans..he advised that she not sign a lease with me..If I hadn't pitied his ignorant ass, I would have kicked it.

Peace

PS..that was 20 years ago, and we found a much better house a few days later.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Most of the time he would be right.

It's like the surgeon who told me "I'm the one that cut on your wife".

Some people have no class.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberjedi
I'd drive the 4x4 up his ass.

You should file a complaint. Feels bad man.

"Her ass"
LOL chicks warning chicks how bad life can get and they are not even married yet.
Since when did loan officers start marriage counseling even when its not needed?
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I predict a long and happy life for you and your wife and a cynical & crabby existence for the loan officer.

I woulda had to rant too!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
As your [pretend] loan officer, I have to say I am very sorry in the way I treated you. You just reminded me of my X that's all. He was a sneaky SOB and I didn't want your wife to encounter the same thing I did. I was still nice and gave you the loan. I could of been mean and denied it.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by spav5
I feel for you.

Not sure of the gender..but curious

I had a potential landlord tell my gf the same thing..because I had massive student loans..he advised that she not sign a lease with me..If I hadn't pitied his ignorant ass, I would have kicked it.

Peace

PS..that was 20 years ago, and we found a much better house a few days later.

I agree the funny thing is we could have gone with just cash here, we figure with the economics right now a loan was better and keep our mattress here nice and stuffed, "which it is"
Thanks everyone for the decent feedback and yet I am still madder then hell here.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
man is she gonna be pissed off when the wake up call kicks her in the face....or someone elses wife who is utterly insulted...id a reported her rude remark to her boss.....its one thing to say we dont think this is a good idea...but to flat out say no he will leave you with the debt blah blah is just unacceptable...id tell your wife to grab a box of chocolate bring it to her and say this is for you....after your last remark it'll be the best thing you get in your life...and walk off...mwhahaha

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
A remark like that was unprofessional and uncalled for. You and your wife should go to the manager and complain. Maybe that little snot will learn when to keep her mouth shut in the future.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
The loan officer was looking out for your wife and was not attempting to insult you or your fidelity. Obviously the loan officer had no personal knowledge of you and lacking understanding of the situation did her job by pointing out some facts to your wife most likely because you weren't there. What she said was said not to hurt you but in an attempt to protect someone you love, no harm in that.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

I personally would have contacted the proper authorities and looked into a Civil
rights thing. You see you are deaf and disabled. He deformed your character to your wife. I most certainly would write the bank president a letter asking why they allow employees to insult the disabled to the point of deforming their character. If the response is not satisfactory I would contact the ACLU. They love stuff like this. Barring that, pay off the loan very quickly so they get as little interest as possible. Or better yet transfer the loan and all your assets to another bank
DH

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by iforget
The loan officer was looking out for your wife and was not attempting to insult you or your fidelity. Obviously the loan officer had no personal knowledge of you and lacking understanding of the situation did her job by pointing out some facts to your wife most likely because you weren't there. What she said was said not to hurt you but in an attempt to protect someone you love, no harm in that.

Maybe so and good thoughts there, but she knew in advance that we owned our home free and clear and our marriage was 25 years in the making.
If I leave my wife she gets the house and the 20k loan to boot, I get a skid row apartment and maybe if I am lucky some bus tokens to use.
Go figure whom should leave whom here. ;-)
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DavidsHope
reply to post by Iwinder

I personally would have contacted the proper authorities and looked into a Civil
rights thing. You see you are deaf and disabled. He deformed your character to your wife. I most certainly would write the bank president a letter asking why they allow employees to insult the disabled to the point of deforming their character. If the response is not satisfactory I would contact the ACLU. They love stuff like this. Barring that, pay off the loan very quickly so they get as little interest as possible. Or better yet transfer the loan and all your assets to another bank
DH

Thats the thing right now here in Canada and everywhere we assume things are not good.
Our logic with the loan is that if things tank we will still have our mattress stuffing to fall back on and they can have the truck.
Five years ago we would have just paid cash for it but now things are a bit dicey and we want to come out ahead if the crash really does happen.
Regards, Iwinder

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join