It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most despised country in the world?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
If you want to go by popular opinion, its the US

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Agreed...US is the most despised country worldwide...hands down! That is the perspective of other countries. Now if there is another poll about the most despised country by their own people....either a country in Africa, Mexico or Central America!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by sliceNodice
America, by far... It's not jealousy, it's repulsion... I think the brunt of the hate is from how messed up our society in general is. Abortion, our cold sociopathic manner, gun violence, and generally very immoral behavior. We are like a bunch of Alister Crowleys, but on crack.

What's this "we" stuff Batman? Speak for yourself, but I happen to love my country. There are rotten apples in every bunch...EVERYWHERE...but I think the world would be surprised to see who actually pulls the strings, and very few of them live in the U.S.

I think there should be no hate for ANY country...only disdain for those rogue elitists who wallow with glee in making us turn on each other. I've met great people from all over the world, and I've equally met rude, obnoxious buttheads from all over the world too. Stereotyping a country all good or all bad is just silly.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
It's funny, but all you people who state they hate the U.S....where did you get that opinion? Oh yes, the MSM. They keep telling us the world hates us, and they keep telling everyone else TO hate us, then display all the videos and slanted stories to promote that agenda. My, my, my...can't we think for ourselves anymore?

I mean, for most of you, how do you even know there's a war going on, unless you turned on your television, turned on your PC, or read the paper? You wouldn't. So think for yourselves. Don't judge a country by a regurgitated MSM opinion. Every country is filled with overwhelmingly good people. And each one, unfortunately, also has a rotten bunch.

Our world needs to come together and embrace each other. Discussions like this only further the divide between us, and I think that's exactly what "they" want from us.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Well yeah Switzerland? Stop letting rich avoid taxes by letting them stash money in your banks!!

OT: I guess its U.S, aw well.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Im from america and I do cannot give a correct answer to your question. Due to the fact I cannot believe anything I read over the internet or see on the news.

A few occassions I have seen people saying they are linking information from country's that dont have an internet connection to my (the american) internet structure.

One thing about america is that a group that calls america the (u.s.) and they say "us" in sentences like they are so all knowing they can speak for the whole AMERICA. They love to legionize with the rest of the people that say ("us" the abreviation for united states)

And if you ever visit america try not to say that you know it's ignorant they legionize and speak in ways they do not even understand. Because that whole legion will be your b****.

Not everyone is part of that legion though,it just might seem that way due to the fact they try to represent all of america just in the way they say "us". These mindless legionaires may be caught by a visitor of the american states saying something like. "I cant believe he acted differently than us." Now in their ignorant mind they are probably trying to say "us" as in their gang,crew,family,legion etc. But in the fact that the word "us" originated from "u.s." and "u.s." originated from "united states" they are subconciously speaking for all of america.

Again. Not all of america is part of the "us" legion. Some americans are individuals. And if you come across any problems from any american. Chances are they will say "us" because they trie to be a legion which is many.
edit on 27-9-2011 by gossipnancy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

I think the USA is most hated because they don't share egalitarian values and are the top dogs in the current world. Freedom is held more important than equality, and that pisses of people who prefer equality at all costs.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I don't necessarily despise any country or people, it's more so that nation's policy that I do not approve of. The United States, for instance, spends far too much of its taxpayer's money on "defense", which isn't so much defense as it is offensive weaponry and dirty war. It's really a myriad of issues that I could never get behind and it numbers on and on, past healthcare policy, past foreign policy, past our idiotic economic policy, past our tax codes, I could go on and on, really. Our policies are flawed and passed off to the people of the United States as something that's good for us. "Quantitative Easing", for example. I studied finance and economics, and you're trying to pull the wool over my eyes and tell me that this is a good thing? For who, exactly, is it good for? (HINT: The answer is not the people).

I'm also not too keen on Israel's personal policy. Like the United States, Israel spends so much of its budget on "defense" (again, I use this term loosely). The way I see it, Israel is the small, spoiled, bratty child that has all of the new and latest technology and shoves it in the faces of everyone else. I picture some runt kid running in circles and hitting everyone around them with a giant stick. Of course, no one can say anything because the big dog in charge (the U.S.) is watching over them. Hopefully, this "bullying" stops soon and the country can settle down and play nice.

North Korea. What can I say here? It's a little obvious. Human rights violations everywhere you turn. Countless stories of political prisoners, brainwashing, spending money on weapons while the country starves. It's a backwards country. North Korea is like the bizarro world of South Korea.

There are other countries I'm on the fence with, Russia for example, but none of which aren't as blatantly hopeless and pompous as any of the above.

I have some sort of affinity to Scandinavian nations (Finland, Germany, Denmark, The Netherlands, Sweden, Iceland, etc.). People there seem to have it right. If things get bad here, and I can secure a visa or some sort of asylum (I'm hoping it never gets THAT bad), you'll probably be able to find me over there somewhere.

Just a note, I am an American patriot. I believe in this country and its people (most of them at least). I do not believe that this government is wholly bad or evil, but just that there are a lot of major issues to work on. I have hope for America.
edit on 28-9-2011 by Resonant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

The USA, by far, is not the most hated country in the world. If it was, why would every Arab & Hispanic want to immigrate there?

Although the USA is a great place to visit, but Australia and NZ is still by far better countries to live in. As for Europe, ahhhhh no thanks! We have all that and some in our own hemisphere!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I'm in France, and looking at popular opinion, I am often surprised at how much they dislike Belgium. At least they sure make fun of them a lot!

They really, really, dislike Germany and Germans. I think that is easily understood. Just hearing german being spoken gets their shackles up.

They also seem to have a wierd repulsion to China and the Chinese. Can't understand that one. They just seem baffled by them and consider them very unsanitary and uncivilized. My mother in law truly gets freaked out about them, won't watch a movie with Chinese in it and has nightmares about chinese people!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

There is so much of hate spewed on the internet by egalitarians about the US, and many people seem to have a dick measuring contest where they constantly keep talking about the negatives of the US and the positives of the country they live in. At least that is what I notice on facebook. It's both the measuring standard and something people spew hatred about.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
If we separate the people from their government (though some do not distinguish between the two). Probably the least liked government in the world is the US. Do it their (our) way or you get bombed or assassinated. With a Congressional approval rating of 15%, I would say our government is highly unpopular with the American people.
Ancient dislikes of peoples are still abundant. In Europe, some of the Swiss and Dutch still look down on Germans. Some Irish for the English. Many Asians for the Japanese. Most individual English, Germans, Japanese are well liked. Not sure any of them like being lumped together as a group, but historically there are those who do not like them.
Russians and Chinese are almost always well liked as individuals.
Does popularity really matter?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SecretKnowledge
most despised? well im irish and i ain't too fond of the english establishment for obvious reasons.
they've caused so much pain and suffering on our island. they are definitely the most despised country round these parts for sure. also ive noticed that if say a scottish man commited a murder abroad, he'd be scottish. but if he saved a man from drowning lets say, he'd be british. if its a good thing and he's not english then he's british.
i could fill a book about why i hate the brits. bloody sunday, margaret thatcher, royal family
anyhoo i would put us irish up as being a well liked bunch of people. we're the friendliest folk you'lll ever meet.
we're a welcoming lot, kind to strangers, pleased to meet you. always up for a bit of fun.

What you say is so true. Andy Murray is ......one minute a British player, but when he loses.....He's Scottish.
Ireland should never have been invaded by the British and never will be a united nation. My thoughts are with the Irish as they have lost to a "foreigner".

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Now if we examine Women's Rights - clearly there are some horrific abusers around the world. Considering how women are systemically maltreated in many countries, those countries perhaps should be the most unliked.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
1. Michigan
2. Canada (their bacon scares me)
3. Antartica (its so snobby)

Seriously?
I don't hate any country. Just a bunch of laws that some countries have.
(and as long as they aren't shooting at me)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by destinationE
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

I thought we were talking modern day, surely your vendetta against Britain is a little old fashioned, things that happened 20-200 years ago are not really relevant anymore.

Were you still despising us after we bailed your country out recently? If it wasn't for us (in the last 2 years) you'd be back in oblivion, this is the modern day, this generation. Bloody sunday happened over 30 years ago and if memory serves me correct never happened in ROI but in NI.
edit on 27-9-2011 by destinationE because: (no reason given)

you dont know what you're talking about
bloody sunday will always be relevant to our people. we may forgive but never forget
actually on that subject we dont forgive
the european union bailed us out, which your country happens to be a part of. britain did not do it on their own as you seem to refer to
and as for your statement that bloody sunday never happened in the Republic of Ireland but up North, it happened in Ireland. in Ireland. Ireland. get it? Northern Ireland is part of Ireland. it is occupied by the british crown forces, and ruled by them. but its in IRELAND. are we not supposed to care because it happened in our occupied North? never.
your whole statement is typical britishness that i despise

edit on 28/9/11 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

edit on 28/9/11 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

You're just a moron that deserves no more of my time or effort, you have proved this. "Ireland, Ireland, Ireland" repeating it doesn't actually change the fact that they are two different countries (which were once unified), you can hate the English and British all you like your narrow minded view is insignificant in this conversation.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by destinationE

You're just a moron that deserves no more of my time or effort, you have proved this. "Ireland, Ireland, Ireland" repeating it doesn't actually change the fact that they are two different countries (which were once unified), you can hate the English and British all you like your narrow minded view is insignificant in this conversation.

how is having an opinion a narrow minded view? and how is it insignificant to this conversation?
as i stated above, you dont know what you're talking about, and now you're not making sense
instead of having a reasonable debate about it, you resort to calling me a moron.
because i told you you were wrong about every point you made in your previous post, which you were, you resort to petty name calling.
methinks its you who is the moron here...
edit on 13/10/11 by SecretKnowledge because: if i was an american, i'd vote for ron paul too

edit on 13/10/11 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I don't despise any country because countries are just temporary human constructs.

However, I do consider

Israel

to be the

greatest threat to world peace.

Israel is not really a country it is a criminal enterprise demanding to be recognised as a country.

From the outside it looks like the US is controlled by Israel and that the US is fundamentally evil like Israel but in reality a small group of very evil Zionist bastards run the Israel and the US mainly from the US.

Right now the evil Zionist bastards are trying to con the US into going to war with Iran for example and it may plunge the whole world into the most destructive war of all time.

The world holds Israel in contempt for a very good reason.
edit on 14-10-2011 by BRAVO949 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join