It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most despised country in the world?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
What in your opinion, are the most despised countries in the world? And what are the least despised? Also for what reasons, according to your opinion?

I live in Sweden, and I of course do not speak for all the swedes, but from what i can gather from the people around me and the media climate here, this is what i have found;

Most despised: Nigeria(so despised, people feel sorry about the inhabitants, but no one would like to live there or grow up there, thats for sure), Israel(oppressing gaza strip), Usa(War mongerers) and Iran(cocky, weird laws, inhuman punishments)

The least dispised seem to be Switzerland(Neutral FTW), Japan(very popular around here), Canada(seem very neutral), and The Netherlands(legal marijuana, seems sober, letting adults be adults)

Please mention what country you are from, and what seem to be the general opinion around there.
edit on 27-9-2011 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I'd love to move to Japan! such cool people.

I wouldn't say America is a war mongering country, it's just like most countries: a dick is in charge and has no regard for their people. I actually like America, the culture, the cities and the people. Not all Americans are "fat yanks going on about Vietnam".

The country I despise....... Saudi Arabia. Full of rich assholes who bring in foreign workers and take their passports so they can't leave. Or Nigeria as you say OP, I feel like going apesnip at most of the stuff I read coming out of there...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Well I am Candian, we don't despise other countries, but we do strongly dislike the American Governement and financial corperations that destroyed the economy with extreme greed, and the way they refuse to change anything.

I mean even the American people won't do anything.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
North Korea is pretty up there on my list of despised countries.

edit on 27-9-2011 by atoptreetops because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by atoptreetops

South Korea is my favorite why? Because my favorite band is from there. Least favorite? North Korea for always threatening South Korea.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I'm from the U.K and I hate Sweden.

Only joking!! Seriously, Only Joking!!!

I don't despise any particular country. I have travelled the world and found out that most of what we are told by our MSM is purely propaganda.

Why hate a country that you have never visited or had any dealings with? When was the last time a North Korean came marching down my road?

Iran are full of HATE for the U.S? Well their Government, but probably not every citizen.

Israel? Well, I don't despise Israeli's. Decisions and stance of their Government, maybe, but I have met many Israeli's who don't fully understand what is really going on with Palestine.

I think it demonstrates that we inherently have to hate someone. We have to have a Bogeyman in order to stop us turning on our Governments, because they are the Bogey Men in reality.
edit on 27/9/11 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
the united states of america. hands down.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Most despised: USA (middle east agenda, scumbag president/s, hated worldwide), UK (i hate to think it and i hope not, but just for being US 'allies'), China (human rights, ruthless government), North Korea (Kim Jong), Zimbabwe (Mugabe), Pakistan (terrorism), Israel (influence, and palestine issue)

Least despised: Australia (neutral), Ireland (lots of reasons), Canada (never hear a word from them), Iraq (sympathy for the people of the country), Brazil (country on the up)

From the UK, and i'm thinking on the global agenda, trade etc. scale, or else you could say places like Iceland, Greenland, New Zealand, etc. etc. for least despised.
edit on 27-9-2011 by destinationE because: location included

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
most despised? well im irish and i ain't too fond of the english establishment for obvious reasons.
they've caused so much pain and suffering on our island. they are definitely the most despised country round these parts for sure. also ive noticed that if say a scottish man commited a murder abroad, he'd be scottish. but if he saved a man from drowning lets say, he'd be british. if its a good thing and he's not english then he's british.
i could fill a book about why i hate the brits. bloody sunday, margaret thatcher, royal family
anyhoo i would put us irish up as being a well liked bunch of people. we're the friendliest folk you'lll ever meet.
we're a welcoming lot, kind to strangers, pleased to meet you. always up for a bit of fun.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Actually, the top 10 countries most liked with the highest reputations in the world are placed as in order:

1. Canada

2. Sweden

3. Australia

4. Switzerland

5. New Zealand

6. Norway

7. Denmark

8. Finland

9. Scotland

10.Austria

Pakistan, Iraq and Iran were the least favorable.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
The most despised has to be Israel for what they have done to the Palestine, Lebanon and the rest of the world. they play the 'Poor Me' card excellently and use the Holocaust at every opportunity to gain sympathy. Their constant warmongering and sabre rattling certainly hasnt done their international image any good, the world is sick and tiered of their nonsense and the sooner the US stops backing them up the better, I am not an anti semite or racist just sick and tiered of the double standards these people stand for. After Israel i would say North Korea , this maybe to do with how the western media portray them though more than actual truths and fact.
edit on 27-9-2011 by chaztekno because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Just wanted to chime in and tell you I agree with your assessment. This world would be a much better place if all countries would mind their own business, especially the United States.
edit on 27-9-2011 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

I'm gonna have to go with Iceland...

Only because they hoard all the ice...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I would say the top 3 despised are:

1) Israel:
Palestine, and the rest of the Middle East. Right now I would say Israel is the modern day equivalent of Nazi Germany.

2) United States:
Obviously our policy in the Middle East does nothing to gain us support. Also, our blind support of Israel certainly doesn't help. Our government seems to also constantly find the need to dive into other countries problems but never bothers to deal with our own. Basically the US right now is a big bully who can't see that the rest of the world hates us.

3) Japan:
Their leaders coverup of Fukishima is just plain wrong. A disaster worse than Chernobyl and they are basically covering it up. The meltdown will end up effecting the entire planet.

To reverse it and list my top 3 popular countries, I would say:

1) Sweden:
Who ever hears anything bad about Sweden?
Sure they pay a lot of taxes, but look what they get in return. Yes, they actually get useful services in return!!! Shocking I know...

2) Canada:
I don't know why. I've just always liked Canada.

3)Germany:
I like their cars

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Most despised:
Eritrea - because how dare they keep themselves unknown to the rest of the world

Least despised:
Ireland - because I love the wee potato (mashed, scalloped, fried, hashed, souped, boiled, raw)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Have to go with Germany as most despised. I'm German heritage. The Op didn't state a time period but Germany was it along with Japan. In recent times..neither and most favorable except for the radiation.
For the amount of freedom a country gives you...the U.S.
Any country in war with the U.N. or U.S. is not a place to be... Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya..Egypt In general. North Korea and Iran seem pretty unfavorable. Many African countries seem unfavorable also along with piracy.
I do believe some of this question comes down to which country you are coming from to start and how they view your country.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Knowing all about the top 10 countries in the world I think they got it right for once. Sorry Ireland, better luck next year?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

I thought we were talking modern day, surely your vendetta against Britain is a little old fashioned, things that happened 20-200 years ago are not really relevant anymore.

Were you still despising us after we bailed your country out recently? If it wasn't for us (in the last 2 years) you'd be back in oblivion, this is the modern day, this generation. Bloody sunday happened over 30 years ago and if memory serves me correct never happened in ROI but in NI.
edit on 27-9-2011 by destinationE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
The most hated countries in the UK are France, Germany, America, Iran and the most liked are Israel, Australia, New Zealand and Spain for varying reasons.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
America, by far... It's not jealousy, it's repulsion... I think the brunt of the hate is from how messed up our society in general is. Abortion, our cold sociopathic manner, gun violence, and generally very immoral behavior. We are like a bunch of Alister Crowleys, but on crack.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join