It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The end of countries

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I'm sure a lot of people have seen the video about the trader claiming the world's financial system as we know it is about to end...in case you haven't, here it is:

Note him saying "companies such as Goldman Sachs will own countries and pretty much the world". I believe we've already taken a few steps in that direction, and the end result will be the world being governed by a few mega corporations like some scifi movies and books (Heinlein!).

Here's why:

Several corporations are already so wealthy, they have more cash than entire countries. And not just some banana republics, more cash than the US GOVERNMENT or EUROPE!!

Apple worth more than 75% of Europe's banking index
Apple has more cash (and less debt) than 38.9% of the S&P 500!
Apple worth more than the US government

Now you might be thinking "so what?". But what you don't realize is what those companies are able to do with that kind of money, they can silently take over countries step by step by changing legislation and buying politicians. They do this through lobbyists, and by creating "interest groups" that are often structured in such a complicated way, it's often hard to trace their source capital.

We all know the oil industry has a MASSIVE amount of lobbyists in Washington...and guess what, their effective tax rate has gone down and down and down and down almost every single year over the past 20 years. In addition, they are slowly chipping away at legislation that protects the beautiful countries like the US. Take the BP disaster for example, it wouldn't have happened with proper legislation...legislation that would have never stood a chance because the oil industry's lobbyists are of course always shopping for politicians.

At the same time, some select individuals have made fortunes building up or working for those companies, and they influence politics and ultimate the country as a whole too. Forget the "left vs right" crap, they're all in it.

Here's an example from the right...but as I said, you can find them on the left too:

40% of the high oil prices can be explained by extensive trading and speculation, and the same people bitching about high prices are causing them!!!!

We've long known the GOP and DEMs are bought by big business, and it didn't take long for them to infiltrate the tea party too...so now the US has a 2.5 party system where everyone's bought by big business, happy times.

The people are being systematically manipulated in making sure a few select corporations are the ones deciding over their lives in the end.

Now you might ask yourself "how could this happen?". Well, it's not that complicated.

All you need is find something to ENTERTAIN the masses so they stop paying attention to what's really going on. There's several ways to do that:

1) Fear: Muslims are all terrorists, you might get robbed get an AK47, evil Mexicans, swine flu, bird flu, anything that might remotely scare people. The CIA has written extensive studies about how to "rally the people" behind a cause, and fear wins every time. They even ran scenarios where they'd let a plane crash into a major building in the US and then blame it on *insert random enemy of choice*.

2) Religion: Why do you think all those politicians mention "god" all the time? Religion has been used to control the people for centuries, and that won't change anytime soon. My stance on religion should be clear from my avatar, but let me ask you the following question. If you believe in god, do you really think he cares about such petty things as party politics or some healthcare plan?? Don't you think it's disingenuous to always pretend god is on "your side" no matter what you say? I mean, if they're all right, then god clearly supports conflicting outcomes...which MAKES NO SENSE!! Stop being sheep and leave religion out of politics, it's hardly ever used in an honest way...

3) Entertainment & consumption: Jersey Shores, America's Got Talent, godineedthatnewipad2, and so on. From a very young age, we are bombarded by ads creating desires for us!! Make the people want stuff they can't really afford, and they will be so distracted from all the bling, that they forget to look what you're doing with your other hand.

4) War & false patriotism: Iraq & Afghanistan is the best example of that. Who do you think profited from this war? Given the CIA just had the largest loss of operatives in its history over there a month ago, I doubt the world has gotten any safer. So we the people haven't benefited. It cost us TRILLIONS to send troops over there, and cost thousands of human lives, so neither the tax payer nor soldiers profited. Saddam's gone, and given that he was a horrible dictator, I guess the Iraqi's are a bit better off...given the ongoing violence, probably not by that much. And now the money question, who made the most $$$ from this war?? DEFENSE CONTRACTORS AND OIL COMPANIES!!! The very same companies who's lobbyists are buying politicians to make sure those profitable wars happen. And they achieve this by making sure those politicians SELL their idea to the people by appealing to their patriotism. Remember what an outcast you were when speaking out against the wars at the beginning? How people said you aren't a "patriot"?

And now some politicians already claim corporations have the same rights as people, hell there's even laws stating just that!!

"Corporations are people!!"

Over the past 20-30 years a MASSIVE amount of wealth distribution has been going on, and guess where all that money went, to the very top. The top 1% now own more wealth than the bottom 95% combined!! And given that the official analysis specifically excludes the families on the Forbes richest 400 list, that figure could actually be even higher.

And given the dire state of the world's countries, eventually, those mega corporations and top 1% will be able to simply BUY countries. Hell, they already have more money than the US and Europe, and are already actively buying politicians. In a few decades (yes, it will take more time), you might still live in the US, or Germany, or France, or China...but officially, those countries should be renamed to "United States of Goldman Sachs", or "Germany proudly sponsored by BMW".

George Carlin put it best why I believe all of this is inevitable, the people have been systematically dumbed down (some politicians even want to eradicate public education, making general education almost unaffordable for the average citizen without massive debt), distracted, scared, and otherwise manipulated, democracy is now a farce.

You might just as well wear a Goldman Sachs tattoo on your forehead, or if you prefer, a BP one should a bit less painful.

That trader in my first video nails it, they don't care whether the markets/unemployment goes up or down...they make money either way. It's an exclusive club, and you ain't in it...no, not even by having $1mil you're in it!!!
edit on 27-9-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I forgot to mention: For those who now say "but they don't have an army", let me ask you who did their dirty work in Afghanistan/Iraq?? Why build up an own army if you can just hijack some other army for your profit-oriented purposes? I mean, it's definitely cheaper than running your own

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

WASHINGTON—Citing a desire to gain influence in Washington, the American people confirmed Friday that they have hired high-powered D.C. lobbyist Jack Weldon of the firm Patton Boggs to help advance their agenda in Congress.

Known among Beltway insiders for his ability to sway public policy on behalf of massive corporations such as Johnson & Johnson, Monsanto, and AT&T, Weldon, 53, is expected to use his vast network of political connections to give his new client a voice in the legislative process.

Weldon is reportedly charging the American people $795 an hour.

"Unlike R.J. Reynolds, Pfizer, or Bank of America, the U.S. populace lacks the access to public officials required to further its legislative goals," a statement from the nation read in part. "Jack Weldon gives us that access."

"His daily presence in the Capitol will ensure the American people finally get a seat at the table," the statement continued. "And it will allow him to advance our message that everyone, including Americans, deserves to be represented in Washington."

American People Hire High-Powered Lobbyist To Push Interests In Congress

Sorry about posting from the Onion, a "humor" site. But doesn't it strike you as cutting a bit too close to the bone? Maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea to try?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

In the world of lobbyists, money is the main language...and thanks to the massive redistribution of wealth over the past 20-30 years, corporations and the top 1% will now always come out on top. Think about it, if they own more than the bottom 95% combined, who do you think will be better able to buy politicians?

I think we're way past solving this, it's a (sad) inevitable outcome that awaits us.

Think about it: When they came up with a way to afford helping the 911 first responders, everyone with a functioning brain would call heros, they wanted to pay for it by fixing corporate tax loopholes that allowed corporations to ship jobs offshore and defer taxes. And not even when it comes to helping heros they were able to pull through, the GOP killed that one and it took Jon Stewart to rub people's faces in it.

Or think about the recent BP oil spill that only happened because of lax regulation...and I think anyone knows why those regulations are lax. Of course when the accident happened there was a public outcry, but now there's already people like Bachmann who want to drill in the Everglades claiming that will bring down oil prices. IT WON'T!! It will just generate more profit for her corporate donors, and we'll be stuck with this:

And before you say that won't happen in the US because we have laws against it: Sure we do, laws introduced by the EPA. But guess what, they're already trying to "solve that problem" by rallying the people against the EPA...the very organization protecting the country's beauty!!!

edit on 27-9-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
You know, its possible this has slowly been coming into reality for a very long time.
We might just be figuring out that this is happening, but they have been all over this for over a 100 years it seems.
They control Everything and have been for a long time.
Makes me think of this old cartoon from possible 1912:

Here is the site: dont-tread-on.me...

Those message in the cartoons seem so true now, only on a World Wide Scale.

edit on 27-9-2011 by synnergy because: spelling

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

You are an old man who thinks in terms of nations and peoples. There are no nations. There are no peoples. There are no Russians. There are no Arabs. There are no Third Worlds. There is no West. There is only one holistic system of systems. One vast and immane, interwoven, interacting, multi-varied, multi-national dominion of dollars. Petro-dollars, electro-dollars, multi-dollars, reichmarks, rands, rubles, pounds and shekels.

It is the international system of currency which determines the totality of life on this planet. That is the natural order of things today. That is the atomic, and sub-atomic and galactic structure of things today.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

You nailed it!! MONEY rules the world, and believing differently is laughable. Patriotism, honor, ethics, doing the "right thing"...it all takes a backseat.

The US worked with dictators (like Gaddafi) for DECADES, yet at every single rally you hear the words "freedom & liberty" as if that's really the true motive and mantra. The people might BELIEVE that, but it doesn't represent the actions of the country. The same goes for pretty much every country on earth. I can only think of one country who's maybe not as "dirty" as the rest...Buthan.

Awesome Pink Floyd cover by Easy All Stars btw

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
This has been taking shape for a very, very, long time. If they have their way, in the end, they will own the whole world, and us too. Lock, stock, and barrel. Because they will find a way to patent the modern human being. And Monsanto will most likely hold that patent. We will be governed, not by actual law, but by policy. Which in many ways, is already true. Police are no more than policy enforcers for corporate government. imo.

Welcome to our brave new world.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
C.R.E.A.M- Cash Rules Everything Around Me.

When companies have more money than entire nations, they essentially become nations as they have the power and influence to control things on a global scale. If they're keeping economies afloat while the world economy hangs on a thread they have God like (financial) powers.

They are big pieces on a small chessboard...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
We should of seen this one coming! Zuckerberg is a tyrant and I really wanna do some digging in to potential ties between FB and Apple based solely on compatibility of the two and the potential power the integration wields.

This is Orwellian...we don't need cameras on every street corner when people are willingly giving up every piece of info on themselves. I only use FB to be contacted, stay in the loop RE: events and post the odd thought provoking comment although it makes me sick, and what makes me even sicker is peoples addiction to it without realising it for what it is!

With its reach and the drones that stay glued to it, it essentially has the power to decide elections, what we eat, wear etc.

Run to the cyber hills!

EDIT: In times to come I see the potential of FB to be how the world receives "important (dis)information" from a central body.

edit on 27/9/11 by Pirateofpsychonautics because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
The main question is: Is it too late to change things?

Imo it is because it's a numbers game, and by now, the people gave away all their good cards...

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

I agree. The progress of our technological evolution and implementation of it in to our lives takes us, every day a step further away from the proverbial caves that we came from and too far away to go back to.
edit on 28/9/11 by Pirateofpsychonautics because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Money, Government, Religion.

The three chains which shackle the free spirit of Man. No greater evil in the world is there than these.

People would be wise to throw them down.

They will fall.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Its not a fatality.

But we are living in the old world again and its been a while.
I think the old world means religion as we know it, monotheism?
So the new world is somehow before the old one we live in.
Water,Wind,Earth,Fire...Aether. Union not division.

I know it looks like it doesn't make sense but religion, war, military industrial complex, wall street
Cash rules everything around them. Dollar, dollar bill y'alllllll... and its been a while.

btw good thread

I recommend this new thread also www.abovetopsecret.com...
I think we are getting closer

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by eagleeye2

I know it looks like it doesn't make sense but religion, war, military industrial complex, wall street
Cash rules everything around them. Dollar, dollar bill y'alllllll... and its been a while.

Cash Rules Everything Around Them, CREAM! printin' money, trillion dollar bills y'aaalllllll!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM
Money, Government, Religion.

The three chains which shackle the free spirit of Man. No greater evil in the world is there than these.

People would be wise to throw them down.

They will fall.

With Love,

Your Brother

sorry brother but they are a necessary evil.

money; you want to got to work 8-12hrs a day and get paid in food and toilet paper?

government; who will build roads and bridges?

religion; for some, it's the only thing that keeps them going.

chains and shackles also protect,

but you have to know what is the right thing to chain and shackle.

unless you mean, the love of money

corrupt or broken government

and twisted religion.

which means they in themselves are not evil or a bad thing.

a hammer is a wonderful thing in the right hands and deadly in others.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
For those who care about the underlying economics, I can recommend ZeroHedge.com, one of the few websites analyzing facts properly...

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Not a bad site at all
The Greek tax office running out of ink hence being unable to send tax returns out..

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
sorry brother but they are a necessary evil.

money; you want to got to work 8-12hrs a day and get paid in food and toilet paper?

You are talking to someone who does not have money, does not have property, does not owe allegiance to any government, and gets along just fine living by the grace of the giver of life. It is not necessary, but rather a false motivation. One cannot serve two masters. If you do for worldly gain, then you are not doing for future generations.

Originally posted by dominicus
government; who will build roads and bridges?

Road builders and bridge builders.

religion; for some, it's the only thing that keeps them going.

If they believe they keep going because of religion, then they are deceived. They keep going because they have life within them.

chains and shackles also protect,

You will be getting more protection then you can imagine in the near future then.

but you have to know what is the right thing to chain and shackle.

What is the right thing to chain and shackle?

unless you mean, the love of money

No, I meant money. Money is a means of trading labor for goods. Thus you labor for goods, and not for the good, and you give goods for labor and not for the good.

corrupt or broken government

All government is a method of surrendering your own free will to a collective. Thus you willingly enslave yourself and your future generations.

and twisted religion.

All religion is twisted because you stop searching for God within yourself, and find him only within your own collective. Thus you lose sight of God within all.

which means they in themselves are not evil or a bad thing.

Time will tell.

a hammer is a wonderful thing in the right hands and deadly in others.

A hammer is a different thing.

With Love,

Your Brother

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join