It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

36 Hour Earthquake Warning for the Los Angeles Basin & Salton Sea. 7.7 Earthquake Likely

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I wish ATS would remove this prediction section. It's silly, petty, and never comes to pass.

My two cents. Of course, saying that "there will be an earthquake in California" repeatedly until it happens is hardly a prediction.

Kinda like me saying "I predict a political scandal in Washington DC in the next week" and then repeating myself every week until it happens, and telling everyone I must have been right.

Codswallop.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

same here I am in CALI

Fresno

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I'm in cali! I hope # pops off. Then i can surf the seismic waves! haha. I DON'T SURF! The oceans 2 cold! lol. Bring the quake.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SeraphSirius

I predict a major Earthquake somewhere in the world at some point between now and the next ten years......There, now that I've got that out I can point back to this post as proof of my predictive powers.....Basically I did the same thing that website is doing, except instead of randomly updating the date and place every week or so until I get a hit, I just covered all my bases with one sentence.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Well, you have me interested. I live in downtown SF . . .and follow the earthquake data in our general area (beyond the 7x7 pensula) regularily. What I have noticed is what I would term "significant" activity in areas that don't normally see quakes on a given day. Over the past 48hrs, I have seen numerous quakes that I would classify IMHO as "elevated and wide-spread". BTW, when you view my link, you can disgard all activity in "The Geysers". They always have significant activity which is well-explained and beyond the scope of my post.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

So, I'll keep my eyes on the data . . . .

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SeraphSirius

Well,what can I say.
There is out there a much,much better prediction model,but, unfortunately the public is not allowed to access it due creating panic within the public sector.
I'm only waiting to see if it all holds up to what their claims are.
Time is our friend,and those in the supposed affected areas,just be prepared.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
so the blue areas are higher risk of having a bigger earthquake?

im in poway which has a big 81 written on it, what does this mean for me?

is my house going to explode?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by xxblackoctoberxx

No,dude,your house is not going to explode.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Here's the original site for that map

www.quakeprediction.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Well another prediction...did not take long and colored charts. Looking at your link I noticed he sells freeze dried foods....wonder how much doom and gloom has made him? EQ's are not very predictible other than we know any given day there will be one somewhere.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhoDat09
Thank you for posting this, I have been following them for a while on Twitter, was wondering how good their predictions are.

They issued the same warning last week, a major earthquake was supposed to hit the same area by the 21st, that didn't happen, and I see they are issuing another warning. I guess if you constantly scream warnings out eventually you'll be right!

I don't understand enough about earthquakes to say whether it's all bunk or not. I don't think anyone can predict when or where or how strong earthquakes are going to be, but maybe I'm wrong.

Let's hope a member with more knowledge of earthquakes can comment on this, and let's hope they are wrong!

True, it didn't hit California, it hit Japan. Within the ring of fire still, wrong location, correct timing. I believe Japan got hit on the 19th.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by stinger94

thats like saying that Ortiz is going to hit a HR in Fenway during the Sox/Yanks game, but then it turns out being Jeter hitting the HR. It was still in Fenway tho.

The Ring of Fire is the most active EQ area in the world. Something like over 90% of the EQs that happen daily on the Earth are all in the Ring of Fire.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by VforVendettea
Unless Frankie reports it, I'm not convinced it will happen and he cancelled the last one.

edit on 28-9-2011 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

Ow! Ow! Ow! I have stitches....

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
reply to post by xxblackoctoberxx

No,dude,your house is not going to explode.

Sweet, bro, my house is not going to explode.

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Haven't you heard? Doom has been cancelled.

My tomato plants grew legs, gave me the finger, jumped out a second floor window and dug themselves back into the back garden.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Well, at least FibroKat solved the ENIGMA-AMGINE game tonight before the big quake! Dunno where he lives, but hope he gets to play with that iPad before the world explodes!

So just a little bit longer before the prediction runs out, eh? Watching, waiting...

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SalientSkivvy

Got a laugh out of me this morning, that video almost made me feel guilty for laughing so hard.. My gut kinda hurts, funny...too funny. Seriously though, that kid is probably mentally challenged...but still was funny..

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by wrksstudios

,What about the 3.9 Nevada 1.9 mile deep,28 sep 2011 4.54 am>A 3.9 with depth 1.9 mile it's like 7.0 with 40 miles depth,,you should check for damages!!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Looks like an interesting piece of software that they're using.

I'd like to see what data goes into it and what their prediction criteria are.

Still, great, quick and colorful post that seems to be catching us all!

I'm in
!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Has anyone looked at the RSOE site today. Dozens of EQ's and Asteroids listed.

2 days ago, almost nothing!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join