It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucid Dreams/OBE's: Why can't I have them?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Hello everybody, for the past year and a half I have been studying Lucid dreams and I have been trying to have them. I have also been studying OBE's and Astral Projection for the past several months and have also been trying to have them as well. I have tried several different ways to have them but I haven't.

I have been mainly focusing on Lucid dreams for the past month after failing to have an OBE. I have visited several websites including the website "world of Lucid Dreaming" and I've watched the Lucidology 101 videos on youtube. I have also exhausted searches on google and stumbleupon. I've found quite good guides on how to have Lucid Dreaming by just simply searching for them on the internet, but I've had no luck.

I have tried several methods such as
-WILD (Wake Induced Lucid Dreaming)
-MILD (Mnemonic Induced Lucid Dreaming)
-The Wake back to bed method
-Cheese Dreams
-Failed to put myself in sleep paralysis
-Dream Journaling
-Listening to Binuaral Beats.
-GILD (Game Induced Lucid Dreaming)

I have had some luck, but it's spontaneous. I really just don't know what to do now, I've been trying so many methods with no good results. If anyone has any suggestions I'm open to them.

Also sorry if there are several Spelling and/or Grammer errors I'm in a rush right now and just wanted to post this while I was thinking about it.

Any suggestions are welcome

-

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Ive had 3-4 lucid dreams over the past 10 years. I wish I could tap into it better, But it seems to happen for itself.

I'll never forget one of them though, it felt like I was in it for a very very long time, like months. I was very panic'd when I awoken, cause I thought I wasn't coming back! haha.

Sorry I'm of no help to you, just giving you my experiences. I never knew what lucid dreaming was until it happened to me.

I wonder if people can lucid dream every night on command? I find when I lucid dream, it's almost like I havn't slept at all. Most of the time I can even feel myself laying in bed as I go about lucid dreaming.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensquad414

Try smoking some Damiana leaf, it's legal I've been smoking it to quit smoking tobacco pretty successfully and I have lucid, though sometimes crazy dreams every night now.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
You can try what I am doing now and see if that helps. For me, it has helped a lot and has been nearly 100% successful.

While laying in bed it takes a lot of focus to stay aware as I fall into sleep paralysis, but this is the way I do it now. I used to just realize in dreams I was dreaming and I became aware, now I do it this way.

What has helped a lot are supplements, all legal. 5-htp, choline, alpha-gpc, galantamine, I take a mixture an hour or two before I go to bed, once in bed I put an alarm on for about 45 minutes in case I lose concentration and fall into sleep. If so, I try again. If you want more details let me know.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
No offense but if you're taking chemicals to get there is it "lucid dreaming" or is it "tripping?"

Seems counter intuitive to have to ingest chemicals in order to focus and control one's subconscious.

I'm no expert, this is just my opinion.

I have lucid dreams often - I've never tried. In many of my dreams I am aware that I am dreaming and can take advantage of the fact. I do not have any advice on how to do this as I'm not sure how or why it happens to me.

I've never had an out of body experience, but I've also never tried.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Okay, This should help you.. Make a effort to look at a clock every couple of hours.. make note of the time, Then look away.. Then immediately look back at the clock and make sure it says the same time.. If it does make a mental note that you are awake..

This is called a reality check.. It helps your mind notice patterns in dreams that are not "normal".. for example a clock will never read the same time twice in a dream..

You can also do this by trying to push your hand through a wall.. When your hand does not go through the wall, Say to your self i am awake..

A lot of it is mentally preparing your mind to notice things that are not "normal" while sleeping.. And when you pick up on these things you become lucid..

This method has worked for me for many years now.. It takes practice.. But the more you do these things the easier it will become to enter a lucid state..

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus
No offense but if you're taking chemicals to get there is it "lucid dreaming" or is it "tripping?"

Seems counter intuitive to have to ingest chemicals in order to focus and control one's subconscious.

I'm no expert, this is just my opinion.

I have lucid dreams often - I've never tried. In many of my dreams I am aware that I am dreaming and can take advantage of the fact. I do not have any advice on how to do this as I'm not sure how or why it happens to me.

I've never had an out of body experience, but I've also never tried.

It's no problem, you don't know anything about it obviously. Probably should ask about it rather than comment and look foolish though.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
It all about timing. If I listened to the "pros" I would never lucid sleep. All my Lucid sleeps occur around 9 am. You got to find that time when you are half in and half out. I call it the comfies.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Like others have said, it's all about timing. For me it's usually after about 8 hours of sleep and being awake for about 10 minutes before I can fall into a light sleep where I can take control. What helps me the most is to meditate before I goto bed.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I would try mental exercises. Make up stories "in your head" so to speak. I have done this my entire life and I honestly believe that is how and why I lucid dream, AP, and have OBEs.

I mean literally think of a person, place, or thing and actively imagine a storyline.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Thank you everybody for the suggestions, I will look into the suggestions and hopefully I will have good results. Thanks again everybody

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SadButTrue

I think my question is a valid one. If you're taking drugs to have lucid dreams, is that lucid dreaming or tripping?

You can take offense and be snyde, or you could explain how taking drugs is a valid way toward lucid dreaming.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Don't know about lucid dreaming but obe's were easily accomplished with large doses of mushrooms and/or ecstasy.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus
reply to post by SadButTrue

I think my question is a valid one. If you're taking drugs to have lucid dreams, is that lucid dreaming or tripping?

You can take offense and be snyde, or you could explain how taking drugs is a valid way toward lucid dreaming.

You need to learn more before you comment about something you don't know anything about is my suggestion to you. They are not drugs they are supplements that you find in vitamin B complex, Galantmine is from a flower, 5-htp is tryptophan, the same thing you ingest when you eat turkey!

I'm only explaining this to you because I don't want the OP to be turned away by your presumptuous and naive comments. Next time research what you don't understand instead of commenting on something you don't know anything about which could turn other people away from something that may help them.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I've lucidly woken up from dreams in the past. I am not sure if this makes the entire sequence of sleep-dream-state a "lucid dream" or not, but I happens when the dream blends with reality...

for example, I had this one dream where I am at the library and a radio randomly starts playing that no one else can hear, a talk show talking about the sequence people prefer for showering. I remember having two simultaneous perspectives of the dream, the Character and the Viewer.

This could be something entirely different than Lucid Dreaming all together, I don't know. But I the Character am able to make conscious decisions with the I the Viewer. It's a strange sensation but I try to prolong this state as long a possible, usually I have to force myself to wake up because I don't want to be late for work, school or otherwise.

top topics

join