It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Putin's Envoy Believes Terrorism Cause of Russian Plane Crashes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Presidential envoy, Vladimir Yakovlev, in a statement told ITAR-Tass news agency that the main theory of the two crashed airlines are probably connected to terrorism. The finding of the flight recorders have reportedly not provided any more information. It has been confirmed that one of the crashed flights did send an emergency signal, however no verbal confirmation from the crew was recieved.

usatoday.com
MOSCOW (AP) A top Russian official acknowledged on Thursday what many citizens already suspected that terrorism was the most likely cause of two jetliners crashing minutes apart, a feeling reflected in a newspaper headline warning that "Russia now has a Sept. 11."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Yakovlev stated that one of the flight recorders turned off immediately, which is an indication that something happened very fast on the planes.

Aviation expert, Oleg Panteleyev, states that terrorism cannot be ruled out simply because there is no clear evidence. Panteleyev believes any other explanation of the downed planes would be nearly impossible. Many citizens of Russia also believe this was a terrorist act.

[edit on 8-26-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I wonder which type of Terrorist group is it

I do not believe it would be Al-Quada as that could be a very stupid move

I know they dont like Russia but i do not believe it would be in their best intrests to possibly unite another nation on the "war on terror"

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
...clearly Chechnya...

Who among us was surprized by this announcement?

"Duh, gee, I wonder if it was a coincidence?"

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
CBS news is reporting that a woman suicide bomber may have caused the crash of one of the airplanes.

cbsnews.com
CBS News has learned that investigators believe a woman suicide bomber may have been the cause of one of the crashes.

CBS News Correspondent Richard Roth says it's believed a woman was likely responsible -- wearing an explosive belt that could have passed through security undetected unless she was frisked. And women here rarely are.

Officials say a woman with a Chechen name is the only crash victim whose body has not been claimed, Roth reports, adding there is ''no information'' she was a terrorist.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I wonder how is it possible that there could be people that doubted that it was a terrorist act ... As I wrote immediately after the first news :
STATISTICS IS a science - and that's why there can be no doubts that the government did 9/11

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 03:18 AM
link   
They use their women to do their dirty work. I, then, went on to produce a verbalization to the terms of: Chechnya is the culprit. There were also quips in the sum of: Duh, you think this might be terrorism?

The west must grow up, out of this adolescence, away from its attitude of sludge where energy needs are under-developed.

Russia is in great need of a hand up, now. You will be astounded when Russia captures Osama bin Laden. Then you'll honor an immensely honorable state.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 03:30 AM
link   
A group calling themselves the Islambouli Brigades has claimed responsibility for the attacks on an Egyptian website known for Muslim radicals. They are apparently sympathetic to Muslim Chechens. They haven't yet been officially verified yet however. Fox News

Trace explosives have also been found in the wreckage of one of the planes. CNN

new topics

top topics

join