It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Love Is Exactly.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I love this subject...lol
I've discovered love is nothing more than a word. It's the attachment to that word that defines what it is to an individual. I wrote something awhile back that I would like to share:

WEDNESDAY, JUNE 30, 2010
love....
love
as per Google:
define:love www.google.ca...:love&btnG=Search&meta=

words don't mean the same to me anymore
definitions don't exist anymore as they used to

love before had attachments had expectations had doubts

i know now that LOVE is all
LOVE is nothing more than unconditional acceptance - accepting EVERYTHING as it is with no attachments

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Another how deep can i sound kind of thread.

Love is the opposite of hate.

love is what the definition is.. if it wasn't then it would not have that definition.

Instead of asking dumb questions in an attempt to sound like a deep insightfull person, why not just post what loves means to you and ask what it means to others. get a nice circle jerk going.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Love is...the best topic ever!

smithjustinb- the way you describe love, to me, is only one form of love and common to most: traditional romantic love, which deals with the feelings rather than the actions of loving...

Yet, there are many types of love ranging from agape love for another (usually greater than self) in the Christians' Christ-type love, to security, to intuitive to discipline and/or commitment.

Some lovers are colloborative; some define love as being active.

My favorite saying on the subject: It is better to have love and lost [that love], than to have never loved at all

edit on 27-9-2011 by BurningSpearess because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Love just is. It is neither given nor taken; rather it is simply discovered and allowed.

As for hatred. I disagree with the OP that hatred is not a feeling. A feeling is something we experience in our bodies. For example, I can feel a couch, and the feeling goes through my body and my brain recognizes it as a couch. The same goes with emotions. I can feel sadness, I can feel joy, and I can feel hatred. You can even feel someone else's hatred, if you are ever in a room with someone who is experiencing a deep sense of hate, you can feel it almost immediately. You don't even have to see the person to feel and experience it.

I could argue that hatred is an imaginary feeling. It is a feeling that the ego part of the psyche creates when it feels threatened or pained. Once the superego or conscience realizes that it is the ego making us experience the pain of hatred, the superego can be like, "Hey! You're just being whiny and afraid of something that isn't real," and then the hatred can disappear. So, basically, although hatred is imaginary because it is only created by the ego due to unreal experiences, it is still a feeling because it can be felt by the mind and body as much as any other emotion.
edit on 9/27/2011 by Xaberz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by yaluk
Love is the opposite of hate.

love is what the definition is. if it wasn't then it would not have that definition.

I used to think that, but I am gravitating more towards Mother Theresa's idea that "the opposite of love is not hate but indifference." Love and hatred are both strong emotions, and oftentimes those we hate the most were the ones we once trusted and loved the most. If we didn't love them, it's not that we would hate them, we would be indifferent towards them. Hatred is not the opposite of love so much as it is the refusal to move on.

So perhaps we can say the opposite of love is indifference, and the opposite of hatred is acceptance.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

Love is not an ideal....Love is the inner spark, the mix of knowledge and freedom, beauty and grace, compassion all interwined into this massive.....well you get the point.

What is your absolute favorite thing in the whole wide world......skiing, swimming with the sharks, parachuting, whatever the thrill and exilaration you may feel is similar to a Love experience. The Joy or Overjoy that you can exert out of your physical being and if focused and directed could pretty much be a light sabre...techVamp!...LOL

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaberz

Loved your analysis!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Love is a word that we use to describe our own contextual interpretation. Whether it be an emotion, ideal, philosophy, mental state, etc.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   

I feel sad.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join