It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Love Is Exactly.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Love is feeling. It is sensation. It is sensation associated with an event.

Fear and hatred are not feelings. Fear and hatred are the lack of feeling when an event is taking place thereby rejecting the event.

When you "feel" fear, you are actually feeling the rejection of feeling which is always only love.

Events that are felt give you intelligent depth.

This is best illustrated when describing the event; listening to music.

Music can be felt. That is music loved. Felt music will allow your brain to hear every individual instrument and every individual beat, and your brain will be going on a rolercoaster ride of sensation that resonates with each individual note.

When music is not felt, it is ignored. It is music rejected. Unfelt music will have sound, but the sounds have no meaning. It is just noise. When the song is over, and you review the last 4 minutes of your life, you will realize that you didn't hear anything that just happened. You heard it, but you weren't "listening".

So love is the brains way of internalizing external events, enabling the brain to reveal a depth of information about the event that may have otherwise been overlooked had the event not been felt.

Essentially, love seems like a higher dimension of intelligence. Internalizing the external.

So, you see, love is the path to higher intelligence.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
love can be pain too. its the most important thing in the universe and its unconditional.

if you don't get what I mean you've never been in love.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsinaname

Fear is an instinct and this post sounds like, to me, a young teenage girl trying to sound deep but making little sense.

Love is words you use to describe a deep attachment to another being. Nothing more or less.
edit on 27-9-2011 by shug7272 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Though i completely understand what you are saying.. And i like the idea of it.. Just remember Love is a ideal.. And this is not a world built on ideals. Sadly this world is a horrible place.. Built on greed and power.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatsinaname
love can be pain too. its the most important thing in the universe and its unconditional.

if you don't get what I mean you've never been in love.

Perhaps.

I would say pain is what happens when you feel the rejection of your love. Fear and hatred are the rejection. When you feel pain, you are still loving, however, your love is not being accepted.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by shug7272

wrong on three counts. you don't get it, thats fine.

ed: @smith your right for the most part, but don't tell me how to feel =)
edit on 27/9/2011 by whatsinaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by shug7272

Fear is an instinct and this post sounds like, to me, a young teenage girl trying to sound deep but making little sense.

Love is words you use to describe a deep attachment to another being. Nothing more or less.

Definitely more than that. For starters, you don't just have to love other beings, you can love objects as well. Love is as I said.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Love is a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad thing.

But it's also beautiful.

I hate love.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
Essentially, love seems like a higher dimension of intelligence. Internalizing the external.

So, you see, love is the path to higher intelligence.

I agree and another definition of it would be A FORM OF COMPASSION FOR ALL THINGS EXISTING, ACKNOWLEDGING 1Z STRENGTHS AS WELL AS OTHERS WEAKNESSES AND TRYING TO HELP OTHERS BECOME MORE AWARE OF THEIR WEAKNESSES SO THEY WILL BECOME STRONG ASWELL. WHICH IN TURN MAKES YOU AN EVEN STRONGER ENERGY FOR CARING OR LOVING.

Good Question

[color=cyan]
LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******
[/COLOR]
edit on 9/27/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/27/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Quyll

Sorry, couldn't resist.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

You can say what love is to YOU, but each person experiences love in his or her own way and we each have our own idea of what love is...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre
Though i completely understand what you are saying.. And i like the idea of it.. Just remember Love is a ideal.. And this is not a world built on ideals. Sadly this world is a horrible place.. Built on greed and power.

Depends on what world you are living in.

The world is what you make it. There are greedy ones and powerful ones with powerful influences who construct self-centered systems, but you don't have to feel enslaved to them. You don't have to participate in their greedy ways. Love is not a deliberated mandate set forth by influential leaders as much as it is a personal endeavor.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

Star for you, sir.

Star for you.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Love: Resistant to definition, but conducive to practice.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

You can say what love is to YOU, but each person experiences love in his or her own way and we each have our own idea of what love is...

Love performs exactly like I said, no matter who experiences it.

This is not what love is to me. This is just what love is. The ego is what acts against love, so how can it be that this love is my own subjective opinion of it? It is when you dismiss any opinion of what you think something should be that you can feel the love in it.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

each person experiences love in his or her own way and we each have our own idea of what love is

you can't debunk this.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
ed: double fail
edit on 27/9/2011 by whatsinaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -carl jung

love causes the same chemical reaction in the brain as insanity. -???

The laws of gravity cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. -albert einstein

Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own. -robert heinlein

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage. -lao tzu

...and i think my personal favorite is the following:

Love is just a chemical, no matter the origin. We give it meaning by choice." ―Eleanor Lamb (bioshock x360 game)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Love is not a feeling (which may be a byproduct). Love is a free will choice, as the will to give of one's self for the sake of another's spiritual growth and well being. Love nurtures growth, and is therefore part of an evolutionary process.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by shug7272

But isnt that deep attachment everything there is in the world? Nothing more and nothing less makes it seem likes its somewhere in between, which its not. Its common knowledge that love is the most important thing you can do on Earth. Its what is preached by every family, every religion, every moral philosophy. Theres not JUST a word you use to descrive a deep attachment to another being. Love is all there is and all there ever will be. If you can't believe that you're not loving hard enough : )

top topics

<<   2 >>

join