It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeopathic remedies for acne anyone?!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Grace0f4babes

Do you use this cold out of the fridge or do you warm it up a little?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by lilowl53

Cold out of the fridge, it feels wonderful cold... IDK if heating it up would kill the probiotics in it. I would think that it possibly would. But I'm loving it and so is my skin!

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Your story sounds very similar to what I have been going through. I have done the same, trying everything I could buy. Nothing worked, pro activ oxy etc. I began to research and look for all natural cures as the other remedies dried my skin and irritated it. I noticed my skin flaked a lot. I experimented and came up with a great treatment. I bought pine tar soap for exfoliation and tri derma intense healing cream. Combined together they soften and eventually removed acne scar tissue. Everyone noticed immediately saying I was getting my baby face back. Important thing to remember after using pine tar soap use a gentle exfoliation pad to remove dead skin and old scar tissue. Best time to exfoliate is 1 minute after your face dries. The pine tar soap also does wonders for killing the bacteria. That means no need for harsh chemicals that dry out your skin and flake. After exfoliation apply intense healing cream to face. Can be done twice a day. This is something I have chanced upon this year and after 1 month my skin is improving dramatically.
edit on 12-12-2011 by Rezwar because: typo and added a sentence

edit on 12-12-2011 by Rezwar because: more info

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Rezwar

Where are you getting the soap? A natural food store or some where like that? After I have treated my skin it gets pretty dried out and flakes. I can't have that since I have to wear make up a couple times a week. Moisturizer just doesn't seem to help at all.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by lilowl53

I order from a magazine but pretty sure it will turn up online after a quick search. The tri derma intense healing cream should also be relatively easy to find.. The flaking is always what did my face the worst harm making more breakouts than I was fixing. That's where the pine tar soap comes in. In my experience the oil that comes with acne tends to make dead skin cells build up instead of falling off in a natural course. these clog pores making the breakouts worse. More breakouts more clogs. Then if you clean the oil on your skin with anything, the dead skin wants to falls off after much build up, so it starts flaking and becomes irritated. The pine tar soap seems to release the dead skin cells without the dead skin sticking to healthy cells as before to a much lesser degree. This is the time to gently exfoliate. Then apply derma cream. This further releases the dead skin and starts healing the old scars eventually removing them as well. I had deep acne scars I feared I would live with for the rest of my life. Doesn't seem to be the case anymore. My self esteem has improved dramatically as I was once a very handsome man before I was brought low by this plague called acne. Now I can continue my life with one less thing to worry about. Hope this helps someone out there.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by lilowl53
So, here I am a 26 year old adult, and I still have skin issues. I have had severe acne since I was 12 years old. I have taken or put on every prescription and over the counter drug there is. My hormones are not out of whack (had that tested). I have altered my diet, drank water until I could literally float, and nothing has calmed the acne down.

When I say I took everything there is to take, I mean it. Accutane included ( a double dose even). Over the years it had gotten better, then worse, then better again. Something will work for a while then stop working altogether. I swear acne becomes immune. I am in one of my bad phases again, and I am looking to try an all natural method or even something weird if I have to.

So... I want to see if anyone can give me any ideas of something new to try. What has worked for you? I will try anything at this point!

buy some over the counter acne cream. put a thick layer on. (think a layer of frosting) and let it dry.
wash it off after it completely dries. this worked for me... overnight my skin was cleared up. only a few small blemishes.

a friend recommended:
try putting some toothpaste on the acne. not gel but regular toothpaste. cake it on (think a layer of frosting) and let it dry. try it on a small section of skin first. in case you have an allergic reaction to the toothpaste.

i have not tried the toothpaste method. but if you have some handy it's worth a try.

good luck

-subfab

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I know it sounds counter-intuitive, but raw coconut oil is great for acne. I put it on my face every night and never get pimples.

Eliminating processed foods is good for you even if it doesn't help the acne. I do not agree with eliminating meat. Meat from animals fed corn and soy is not good, but grass fed, free range meat is essential for you body, along with butter, eggs, and raw milk (from grass-fed, free-range animals). These are all good natural foods, so if you can find them, definately include them in your diet.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
This will sound disgusting and no one will want to try it but here it goes.... Your morning urine is the best cure for acne. No joke, not kidding at all. Look it up.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
lilowl53,
I have been long time minor acne sufferer, though I am a guy. Some suggestions-
1. Like someone else said give up all milk products.
2. Sugar- Sodas, juices, Alcohol- Limit all of these. Yes alcohol just turns into sugar into your body.
3. Fried and fatty foods. Eat healthy oils like coconut, walnut, olive. Avoid fried stuff.
4. Dandruff- Do you have any dandruff? Dandruff can cause your pores to clog. I use this-
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1370745253&sr=1-1&keywords=theraneem
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_6?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1370745333&sr=1-6&keywords=nature+gate+conditi oner+tea+tree
5. Soap- Use a natural glycerine soap for bathing. If you have a whole foods near you- everything I list will be available there. Do not use commercial laundry detergent or any kind of fabric softener (major skin irritant, use dryer balls). I use ECOS for laundry detergent, there are plenty of others that avoid sulphates. Use a toothpaste without sulphates as well.
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1370745576&sr=8-2&keywords=ecos
6. Lots of exercise.

Supplements-
1. Turmeric - This stuff is magic. For some people it can cure acne.
2. Neem- Known blood purifier.
www.swansonvitamins.com...
www.swansonvitamins.com...
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1370745851&sr=8-2&keywords=neem+face+wash
3. Zinc and b12 or a b complex.

Skin care-
Store brands suck for moisturizers. They contain parabens and mineral oils. These clog your pores. Use something higher end thats natural.
I like this, its a little too much for me as I don't really have oily skin but it really helped when I had acne earlier. I use a private label now that cost 50$+ a ounce but its not available for general market.
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1370746234&sr=8-1&keywords=himalaya+face +moisturizing+lotion
Body moisturizer- Really like this stuff- no bad stuff and cheap
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1370746469&sr=8-1&keywords=coconut+lemon+moisturizer

Either way- good luck!

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
This seems so silly but...wash your pillow case every day for a while (a couple of weeks) and then every other day or two afterwards.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: mcphillyj

Most youth get acne in their teens and twenties. for a few folks, drawback|skin condition|inflammatory disease] could be a womb-to-tomb problem. however if your breakouts square measure giant, red and painful, then what you've got is presumably cystic skin disease.

You can get cystic skin disease on chin,on back, on forehead, on nose and neck, and in different places. It’s usually painful and might last for an extended time if you don’t treat it. in contrast to acne, that many of us ignore and it cures on its own
edit on 10/23/2017 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join