It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti Gay Christian Singer at GOP Convention

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Considering all the controversy this year regarding gay marriage and the fact the GOP seemed to be driving their convention down the middle I was surprised to see that Donnie McClurkin, a vocally "cured" homosexual is now performing. He is rather militant about his experience (which is aweful) but sees his molestation by an Uncle as the driving force behind homosexuality in his life as well as most others. There are a lot of articles about this guy on many Christian sites. He really has it in for Gays and leads you to believe that Gays are out to hurt children (another person that cannot seperate homosexuality from phedophilia).

This is the link to the announcement of his performance
www.gopconvention.com...\

This is the link to his bio on the 700 club site. Before you go there let me quote a sections...

The recent limelight on the homosexual agenda has Donnie stirred. "The gloves are off," he says. "And if there�s going to be a war, there�s going to be a war. But it will be a war with a purpose." He is very concerned that the Christian community is not outraged at the recent homosexual high school in New York. "This is not a privately funded school. It is a public school funded by taxpayers' money. Why isn�t anyone else speaking out?" he asks. Donnie believes that it actually puts the children more at risk than if they were attending a regular high school. "Everyone knows that everyone at the high school is homosexual. That makes for an easy target."

CBN/700 Club bio link

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
The folks who perform and present at the GOP convention are chosen to represent the party itself. It says a lot that this person was chosen. I'm sure it will do an excellent job for placing the issue of homosexuality back in the limelight, and it's too bad it's such a twisted and dangerous view that will be shown. If some people feel they can be 'cured' or that they even need to be then more power to them, and I wish them the best of luck in their new life. Whatever makes them happy. But to suggest in a national event representative of millions of Americans that homosexuality is caused by groping relatives, can be 'cured', needs to be 'cured', and is in any way related to pedophilia is disgusting.

The homosexuality and pedophelia myth is still shocking to me. I'm probably more likely to be a pedophile (female) than my gay male neighbor. The only pedophiles that I know of (not only in the local news but my own abuser) are straight. It would be just as accurate to say that Christians are likely to be pedophiles, as many who have been caught attend church, and consider themselves religious. (Note: No, I don't think Christians are child molesters. Just making the point that 'gays' aren't either. Pedophiles can be anyone.)

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
This tactic is of the wink, wink variety of pandering.

He will not get speaking time IMHO. But the people that know his messge already, will warmly welcome his presence sending the real underground message of the event. Not the shiny happy moderate face of the speakers.

Sadly, I wish he would get to speak.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I'm glad they are having this ignorant singer attend, it only goes to show the true GOP platform and will lock in the gay voters for Kerry, and he doesn't even have to say a word in support of them, so he in effect will not lose whatever "family values" supporters he may have, it's a win/win situation for Kerry. Hell it will probably even compell those gays who may not even bother voting to vote. The Republicans are shooting themselves in the foot!

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I still don't think the average voter or viewer will know his message or story.

Thus the wink, wink.

But his position is interesting. All "gayness" comes from childhood abuse.

So Dick Cheney must a be a child molester.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
On a related subject - I applaud Cheney for finally mentioning his daughter's orientation at a public forum. I wonder how he feels about this guy representing him.

It is too bad the singer won't be speaking. I doubt he'd convince many of his views that don't already think that way, and it would probably bring some heat on the GOP and perhaps bring some issues that need more attention back to the front page.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
This absolutely does go to show where the reps. stand on homosexuality. I am one of those stories that people hear about all the time...I am not gay but I have gay friends and I am behind the gay community 100% to feel free to date whom they choose without being accosted by people who think that sexual preference relates to endangering children. Jeezus, doesn't anyone look at historical context? Lesbian=from Lesbos=from the ANCIENT Greek island of Lesbos=Homosexuality has been around in peaceful, happy, democratic, caring, accepting societies for ages without being deemed pedophile bearing.

Let one man have a bad reason for choosing to be gay and every gay person has to pay for his experiences?

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Yes, quite right. 6-7 th century Greco elite often had male homosexual partners, and were quite overt about it it. I find nothing wrong with homosexuality, and have come to realize that most homophobia stems from religious indoctrination.

This singer can go to hell for all I care and take those darned Neo-Republicans with him.

Deep

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Maybe he's so anti cos he's p***ed off that he can't get his rocks off with guys anymore.

Sorry to be so glib but with the crap he's spouting it's all the reply he warrants.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
No Rant, Lynne Cheney must be the child molester.

(note: this is a sick joke)

Too bad much of the religious right believes it.

new topics

top topics

join