It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawrence O'Donnell on Police Brutality at Occupy Wall Street

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I would have to agree with you completely on that video but t.here is so much police brutaliy that it all can not be covered

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
I think it's sad more people arent being maced. Protesting scum shouldn't make the news. I'm tired of hearing about them. They need to get jobs. More need to be jailed. Maybe thy can learn how to do laundry or something productive.

I used to have much more respect for you as a poster, and as a human being. How out of touch can you be? There is so much wrong with what you said.
edit on 28-9-2011 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
It might have been to provoke the people, yes, seeing as how the white-shirt cops are the higher rank and the ones seen in the videos as the instigators of these assaults. Of all the officers I saw that day, it was fairly easy to tell which ones wanted to do violence based on the way they carried themselves, particularly the ones spinning their batons.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

I think it's sad more people arent being maced. Protesting scum shouldn't make the news. I'm tired of hearing about them. They need to get jobs. More need to be jailed. Maybe thy can learn how to do laundry or something productive.

Says the armchair commando.

You deserve to be deported if you think protesters should be jailed. This may just be my opinion (and judgmental I'll admit), but you seem like that person everyone wants to beat the hell out of. Oh, I'm sure you get that a lot though. I know I'm just feeding the troll, it's what you wanted no? Just know something, I would punch you in face if I knew your sorry existence in the real world, pal.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by elg3cko
reply to post by 2manyquestions

Agreed! The more people have access to any sort of video recording device(s), even as simple as their phone, the less likely police who abuse their power will act. That's my hope, anyway.

So very true, but remember the story about the guy who's in trouble for actually recording a cop beating someone (I think it happened around here in Los Angeles or Orange County somewhere)? Recording devices are awesome and I would use mine in that manner if I had too (Geez...I make it sound like a gun or something
), lately doing so has gotten many into deep crap
That was definitely excessive force imo.

Still better to have available than not.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   

More need to be jailed. Maybe thy can learn how to do laundry or something productive.

reply to post by Domo1

I think Domo1 was talking about the banksters on Wall Street

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by godWhisperer
does anybody think these cops are trying to get the crowd to react violently? like an agent provocateur, they are needlessly attacking the people.

i think they are trying to make the crowd violent and then this story will make it to MSM tv. they'll take that opportunity to demonize the protestors.

Maybe...

Those tactics where used heavily at the G20 in Toronto, and the level of mauling and cop thuggery made the OP vid look like a sunday morning.

But i am confused....why is mainstream media saying it like it is, are the tides turning.?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
The macing of those women was nothing but a provocation, to try and get a response from others to justify a swift and hard crackdown.
We've all seen it before at other protests. Even when it is blatant and they have been caught out, the MSM don't report it or excuse it as just a bunch of plainclothes officers gathering intelligence on militants, even when there is film of them doing otherwise.

As for the comments by Domo1, he / she / it is just a shill / troll posting inflammatory and hostile opinions to get a response. Shame we can't just have an ignore button but simply not replying to the posts would help. Reasoned discussion is something we can all respond to, twisted comments should always be ignored and treated with the contempt they deserve, through silence!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Its rare, if ever, to see corporate media report negatively on police. I'm shocked to see it.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by KySc5

You know it looks like there is a fence that they set up so people can protest peacefully....and it looks like several people were crossing that fence line...why wasn't everyone arrest? Ah cause they followed the rules.....

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Are we allowed to defend ourselves from a police officer?

I dont think so. As far as I know, anyone who defends themselves gets big charges.

One of these days ..

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Indecent

then you would be arrested for battery....but call it cop brutality hahah.....just teasing mate....deep breath brother...we are in this together....im a cop and I see both sides.....and not every arrest is police brutality...i cant tell you how many videos come out where people are screaming this...you don't always know all the circumstatnce.

did you know that if i come up to a guy who i think is involved in a crime and he has is hands in his pockets and i ask him to remove them and he doesn't I can forcefully pull his hands out....seems like police brutality to you? i call it...safety..im going home to my family and not being shot because i didnt check his pockets. its the nature of the job man. ive lived my whole life never having contact with the police....if i can do it...others can too.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   

The reason you can sit here with your free speech is because people have protested and fought for your rights in the past.
Never be so com placement as to take your freedom as granted. It has to be fought for there are many that are willing to take it away....

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Do we ever learn?The pigs have been beating then gallingly arresting their victims since the 60's.Im incensed by this evidence and suggest the people ARM themselfs for self defense.Yes only paramilitary response will these badhed pigs understand.# the pigs!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Bloomberg, the greedy billionaire Mayor of New York, and his slimy police are fascists. This is government terrorism, and they will do this so America won't have huge protests like in Europe or the Arab world.

The NY police is riddled with fascists FBI and CIA so-called terrorism advisors.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Hey, stop complaining, At least the US police forces don't randomly kill protesters, like they do in Syria.

Well, at least not that we know of, or not YET.

This was a sarcastic post, for the sarcastically impaired

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

When it is your child, your mother, your father, your brother/sister who becomes a victim of the unjust and corrupt institutions trying to grab our country from us, you might think a little differently. If you believe that people coming together to stand simply for the right to live life in dignity are "scum", please keep in mind that OccupyWallStreet is there to defend YOUR right to say that.. If that is "scum" to you, so be it.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I have to ask this question.

Who watches MSNBC or this segment for that matter? I'll check back in when CNN is telling like it is.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Great that he reported on it. but the fact is we all KNOW that the majority of the world police are just bullies with a licence to continue to get away with terrible injustices against the people in the name of the "law" and "government".

the police, worldwide, are losing the respect they once had and this is largely because of the growing corruption and abuse of power. yes, we need some form of policing for genuine need, however these bullies are taking more and more liberties with their abuses and it's about time either something was done about it, or the system completely changed.

once upon a time the police were respected to a degree, but now they're feared, ridiculed and dispised. and they have mostly engineered that situation themselves.

will it ever be changed? doubt it.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I am glad these acts are being recorded on film.
I am also glad that peoples name and addresses are being published.
If the law will not act, then we are without law and any response is justified.
These people in uniform should do their job and "KEEP THE PEACE", nothing more.
Also I would like to add that it is nice to see some folks finally supporting the "Starbucks rebellion" or the people of, now that it is popular.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join