It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran says could deploy navy near U.S. coast: Report

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Loud little diesel subs.

It would take a little longer to find them, provided they didn't hide them in port.

The surface fleet would still be wiped out though within 12 hours.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
reply to post by MikeboydUS

And 19 submarines:

Which are more of a danger to their crews than they are to the US Navy.

Mike I figure 8 F/A-18's with Harpoons, 2 EA-6B's with HARMs, 6 F/A-18's armed air-to air, 1 E-2 to keep an eye on things and some tankers. Should take about 4-6 hours depending on the location of their ships.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
There's another thread talking about a false flag event in America soon.

What's to stop tptb from 'saying' there is an Iranian ship off the US coast, show few pictures of any old ship, and claim it has launched a missile.

Of course the 'imaginary' ship is destroyed moments later so no trace but Iran gets blamed for an attack on US soil.

How would anybody be able to verify that what they said was true ?

edit on 28-9-2011 by bigyin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
You have to laugh at American arrogance or is that ignorance. You think you're so invincible, funny how your country was brought to it's knees on 9-11. Where was your mighty military and navy then. You couldn't even stop a bunch of camel jockeys flying unarmed planes.

Sorry to inform you, but there isn't one law for America and a different one for everyone else, but keep deluding yourselves that there is. If America can do as it pleases, then so can Iran, or any other country for that matter.
GO Iran, stick it to the Americans!

edit on 28-9-2011 by kindred because: (no reason given)

Who's to say if we didn't do that ourselves? I'm personally not saying we did, but I feel it's plausible. Also comments like yours are what angers the Americans on here. The U.S. was pretty much asked to become the power they are today. If not for that, this world would be a lot worse off in other countries. Our government basically screws the citizens to "help" (liberate) others. There's no doubt they have their own alterier motive. It's a shame that there's people out there with your level of hate that you want to see thousands/millions of people die to so you can try to crush the U.S. Where's the reasoning there? Others think we would stay to ourselves and let them commit genocide. How would you feel then?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Of course this could just be a flotilla that ahmadinejad is sending for Obama and Michelle to go on a cruise.

edit on 28-9-2011 by Nucleardiver because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

Think we should send out the Coast Guard for lifeguard duty. Keep a couple of floating drydocks on stand by? Because you know damn well if they screw-up and sink themselves, we'll get blamed for it.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
In this day and age, there is not a sub that exists, conventional or nuclear, that can go undetected by the US Navy anywhere even near the US, or most other parts of the world for that matter.

A conventional sub is just plain silly to even try to sail over here.... it would never know what hit it if it was ever used to threaten any vessel. Iran knows this, so certainly this is just a bunch of saber rattling and an idle threat who's only purpose is for propaganda aimed at the Iranian population.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by xvagrantx

Nothing like the pot calling the kettle black. Where did I say anything about attacking or overthrowing America. This thread is about Iranian ships sailing in Amercan waters and I simply implied if America can do it, then so can Iran. I made no mention of attacking America. I also simply stated militarily, you ain't half as invincible as you think you are. Your reply is one of typical Amercan paranoia. You think the whole world owes you a debt of gratitude, yet at the same time, we are all against you and hate you, when it's your country that's doing all the killing and selling the most hatred around the world.
I don't need to mention your failing economy, therefore you won't be ruling the roost for much longer anyway.

Chinese sub pops up in middle of U.S. Navy exercise, leaving military chiefs red-faced
www.dailymail.co.uk...

American top gun pilots get their ass handed to them on a silver platter.
vayu-sena.tripod.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I almost wish I were still in the Navy, I would love to be back on the Hampton when they catch up to the Iranian fleet. Nah, actually I do wish I were still in, I would love to be on a boarding crew so I could be involved in a nice diplomatic greeting for their sailors.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv
In this day and age, there is not a sub that exists, conventional or nuclear, that can go undetected by the US Navy anywhere even near the US, or most other parts of the world for that matter.

A conventional sub is just plain silly to even try to sail over here.... it would never know what hit it if it was ever used to threaten any vessel. Iran knows this, so certainly this is just a bunch of saber rattling and an idle threat who's only purpose is for propaganda aimed at the Iranian population.

I beg to differ. The main problem with Iran operating a conventional sub off the US coast would mainly be logistics. Conventional subs are hard to track in shallow water and have the ability to completely shut down so that they radiate almost no noise. The only reliable way to track one would be with MAD (magnetic anomaly detector) and since the US Navy dumped the S-3 Viking and has reduced the numbers of P-3 Orions, they would be hard pressed to find a conventional boat, without a few flaming datums.
edit on 28-9-2011 by JIMC5499 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
So Iran comes here with their Navy - And do what with it?

Wave a friendly hello? Raise the middle finger?

They wont even make it to the coast before they are wiped out by submarines and peppered to shreds from aircraft or long range surface missles.

Sorry Iran, go back to bed, your time hasnt come,

-GM

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

I beg to differ. The main problem with Iran operating a conventional sub off the US coast would mainly be logistics. Conventional subs are hard to track in shallow water and have the ability to completely shut down so that they radiate almost no noise. The only reliable way to track one would be with MAD (magnetic anomaly detector) and since the US Navy dumped the S-3 Viking and has reduced the numbers of P-3 Orions, they would be hard pressed to find a conventional boat, without a few flaming datums.

I differ with that. I spent 8 years in the VP Navy, east coast, AW1 on P3 Orion....
Lots have changed. We are not talking about catching them with aircraft anymore.
What orbits the earth has changed ASW forever, and the new generation of SOSUS fixed sensors in the Ocean, well they are just so much more advanced. Nothing military as big as this comes in or out of these waters and cannot be detected.
edit on 28-9-2011 by charlyv because: Clarity

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I'd like to add this link to complete your puzzle.

For the deluded ones who think they are under attack : Americans has always been under attack

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

And let's not forget the numerous German U-Boats that were running around off the eastern seaboard before and during WW2. Heck there was even June 12, 1942, the U-boat U-202 landed Dasch's team with explosives and plans at East Hampton, Long Island, New York. As well as on June 17th, U 584, off Ponte Vedra, Florida as four Germans landed onto an isolated beach unobserved.

There was also the landing of a U-Boat crew off of either Virginia or North Carolina and they walked right up on the beach while people were laying out.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

Really? I didn't know that. What happened to them? Did 4 men decide to storm the beach?

Honestly, we are the least protected from just such an act. We could be overrun by Cubans or Mexicans at any time, and people would barely notice. If they invaded on Halloween, they could take the whole country before we gave it a second thought, LOL!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
The biggest downfall of the US' relations with foreign powers in terms of military is that we allow them in uniform on our soil.

I got to meet some really interesting people from friendly nations like SK, and got to meet a few generals. They are great people, but I never understood the compulsion to arrive in uniform. Shipping their vehicles was even stranger to me, watching their vehicles drive down our streets in full display, though not tactically armored.

I think any nation is vulnerable to invasion by very smart military leaders. It's happening all over the world right now, isn't it?

I will reiterate, as well, the fact I have long been warning that jihad allows martyrdom. Martyrdom of a person, a country, a region even. We never gain real power in these areas, we only gain control of the government infrastructure. The government doesn't work the same way ours does, however. The religious leaders the jihad is lead by are the real controllers.

That's like me swiping your pistol and you smiling because it has no bullets while you pull a shotgun.

I think that the Iranian president is a little off, not stupid. He gets away with a lot, he says a lot, and we shake our heads but he is doing what he can within the limits of his power. Before that was merely talk trash, and now they are moving a navy. They are knowingly moving their navy into suicide if they are aggressive.

Who's going to back them up? I believe China at the least, more than likely Russia will intervene. That's not a puny skirmish anymore, and it doesn't matter if we can wipe their whole Navy out. Most fleets are built during war, not ten years before it, or at least the ones that are victorious.

Who has the capability to create a vast fleet, with cheap and disposable technology. Sure it might not be the most technologically advanced, or best equipped, but you have so many it will be like shooting a .45 ACP at a swarm of bees.

Cyberattacks are already occurring. Is there the possibility of weather weapons, at least the more subtle ones, are being used as well? I'm not so sure, but I'm also curious if they could be used in this new war.

Basically, I believe that the definition of war has changed six years ago. Not the dictionary definition, but the one you think of when it comes to mind. The one the politicians fantasize about when they vote to send our kids to die. The one with bullets and tanks and all that rubbish. The archetype has changed too, which is significant and almost a sick progression or evolution.

Neowarfare is elements of cyberwarfare, economic warfare, weather warfare (?), disposable technology (drones, cheap replenishable vehicles) warfare, and more wrapped into the past definition. What emerges is a much less safe feeling for Americans and their allied brothers across the planet.

Even the Iranian president wants to "wipe Israel off the face of the map". How could you even do that; it sounds crazy? I guess it wouldn't seem so crazy when your plan is to redraw those maps after you take out the demonized "West".

Why did bin Laden's first warning seem so silly at the time, but so frighteningly stark now, that his objective wasn't to kill us all, but to destroy our economy and cut the veins to our corrupt government. That the war would be long and costly, and there would be so many "Vietnams" that the US would have to respond, but could not, without collapsing.

Why are the Chinese buying up mineral rights, and telling Pakistan that they will fill the vaccum if the US backs out of giving foreign aid. Why are they buying stealth technology from Pakistan in the first place?

Let's talk about Pakistan. Why was bin Laden all of a sudden found in there? He has been hiding from the greatest military power in the world, not far from a greuling war in the neighboring country where our great predator drones circle daily, he was located right next to another center for Pakistani military activity, located not too far from military leaders. Do we need to remember that there is a pipeline set to run through Pakistan, from Afghanistan and into India? How valuable, and threatening to slice right into the middle after the US has already toppled a country to buld it?

Finally, I'll leave you with Russia. I really only have to cite one thing to tie it all together.

Russia, continued below.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Why worry about foreign enemies when we have treasonous politicians at home.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Continued

Russia needs only one explanation to tie it all together. If you think it's a coincidence, that's fine with me, because I've done the research. I know the story behind the words written here. I could tell you the title of a book, and a little bit about it, but you wouldn't understand it until you read it.

Take all these things into consideration and do your own research.

The petroleum industry in Russia is one of the largest in the world. Russia has the largest reserves, and is the largest exporter, of natural gas. It has the second largest coal reserves, the eighth largest oil reserves, and is the largest exporter of oil.[2] It is the third largest energy user.[3]

Russia is the largest oil producer in the world, producing an average of 9.93 million barrels (1,579,000 m3) of oil per day in 2009 for a total of 494.2 million tons.[2] It produces 12% of the world's oil and has a same share in global oil exports.[4] In June 2006, Russian crude oil and condensate production reached to the post-Soviet maximum of 9.7 million barrels (1,540,000 m3) per day. Exceeding production in 2000 by 3.2 Mbbl/d (510,000 m3/d). Russian export consists more than 5 Mbbl/d (790,000 m3/d) of oil and nearly 2 Mbbl/d (320,000 m3/d) of refined products, which go mainly to the Europe market. The domestic demand in 2005 was 2.6 Mbbl/d (410,000 m3/d) in averaged.[5] It is also the main transit country for oil from Kazakhstan.

The Russian oil industry is in need of huge investment.[6] Strong growth in the Russian economy means that local demand for energy of all types (oil, gas, nuclear, coal, hydro, electricity) is continuing to grow.

en.wikipedia.org...

Of course, RT News is a big happy honest news outlet, exposing the US Government's lies and inconsistencies without agenda. It doesn't seem strange to you that most people here respect it so highly? Maybe the KGB never died, they just went cyberpunk.

Finally, a warning. Syria has been cited to have a clandestine (though not so much now) nuclear program. With all the showboating of Iran, what are we doing about Syria? Why do you think it pops up in the news without much mention. When a real threat is emerging and ongoing, you don't talk about it. Why isn't their attempt to purchase ICBM's from Russia being blasted on terror alerts? What's going on in Syria? Haven't you seen the riots in Egypt, Libya, and other nations? How much do you know about the Syrian uprising?

Do the research. Iran is not alone, or at least they do not think they are. They are creating a problem, and a lot of countries would like to exploit it for their own gain, at the very least.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
You know how the strategy is generally the element of surprise. . . Our element of surprise is us faking were surprised and flanking them.
I don't agree with what our government does and I'm sure most Americans don't also. One thing I do know is that we are strong enough to defend our soil. The vietkong doesn't have anything on our raw steak and potatos hillbillies. Our farming redneck communities have more guns than Irans fleet.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Thought I would post an image that I think sums it very well. I recall this image from I think the 70's and/or 80's that was floating around.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join