It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran says could deploy navy near U.S. coast: Report

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
If they are smart, they should go to the Gulf since we are not protecting our borders down there.. Fly a Mexican flag on the ship and they will pass right on in.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mugger

Then all we would have to do is catch the oil on fire and then they are screwed.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
ROFL

and they would lose their entire fleet from the first artificial Cat 5 hurricane a le HAARP.

talk about easy pickings.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
what if China sold a nuke or 2 to Hugo Rafael Chávez, who then sold one or both to Iran?
Iran wants to make US pay for its muscle flexing the mid east.
Iran uses the navy as sheep to the slaughter( USN would have to either force the Iran navy away from the shores of the US, or sink it, thus giving Iran the green light to use nuke(s).
Like I stated what if, and this is if the Iran navy makes it that far.

Of course the Iran gov could say we sank it before it let port or at sea some time after leaving port, in any case this is just Iran's blow hard rumblings for one: they have no tankers to refuel/ resupply the fleet, and they have no support ships. For if this is to work, for them, they would need out side navel help, would china help or would some other country?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Didn't Iran call the stuxnet virus an act of war?

I wonder what the purpose was of announcing their plan to sail along the coast. Surely it isn't an act of tourism? I am no war strategist, but I can only imagine this as part of a greater plan involving other countries that are allied with them. Still why signal ahead?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
That's good that Iran is acting stupid and doing things that will unite Americans by antagonizing everyone here in this country. It's not so good if you want to avoid a war. There are a number of people here who could react quickly in a negative shoot first worry about it later if Iran had any mishaps. Then we could end up in another costly war.

Might be time to call in a large secret space ship to blot out the sun for a show of US force.
Where is that Death Star when you want to bring some heavy artillery to someone threatening you with a knife?

Getting more serious I know the US has to have some extremely advanced secret technology we haven't seen or heard about because I estimated we were behind the times about 50 years based on what I saw on a tv documentary of what they release to the public and when they first secretly developed it.

Just thinking if the US had something like a large offensive space fleet, the UN would probably not be happy because weapons in space might be violating some treaties. We might need to deploy ships around the globe for a massive show of potential force but keep everything cloaked. Just speculating about things the US might be able to do if we have a lot more resources available to us than we've been told. The US has been spending more money on our military than any other country.
edit on 28/9/11 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
The US has been spending more money on our military than any other country.
edit on 28/9/11 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

......Yet we still can't win in Afghanistan. Spending billions of dollars on something doesn't make you better than someone else....it just goes to show that you're richer. I was in the Army years ago. Trust me when I tell you that the big brass aren't the shapest tools in the shed. Yes, we have more firepower and man power than most (China?), but people need to get off their high horse and stop telling themselves that we're the best in the world because we're Americans. Iran may be crazy, but that doesn't mean they're stupid or that they don't have allies. Just becasue we don't like them doesn't mean that there isn't another country or countries on the planet that share those feelings.

What I'm getting at is just becasue Iran said they want to bring their ships close to our borders, that doesn't mean that they aren't inviting other countries to the party. They may very well be. I can't think of a lot of countries that like us right now, and I can't say that I blame them either.

One of the worst things you can do from a military standpoint is overestimate yourself and underestimate your enemy. That's called letting your guard down, and that's just as bad as having blind faith in something in that it will get you killed. Fast.

edit on 28-9-2011 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I wonder how many of them many have nuclear launching capabilities???

How many nukes can the US intercept in any given moment???

Oh dear, the one that got away....

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Put an Aegis cruiser nearby and they would only have to intercept one, it would be all they had time to launch before getting blown to Hell. Shouldn't be too hard with the missile being in it's boost phase. Should be much easier than hitting a satellite.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
As stated above, why would they say hey, look at us, were gonna sit on your shores? Sounds interesting, decoy??? Unless they have some unexpected hidden allies lurking, waiting to jump out an go boo.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Iraq Coalition Military fatalities: 4794

Afghanistan Coalition Military Fatalities: 2740

iCasualties

What was the Afghanistan mission again? To get Osama Bin Laden

Where was he found? Pakistan.

Iraq Civilian Body Count: 864,531

Afghanistan Civilian Body Count: 8,813

9/11 Body count: Nearly 3,000

Unknown News

It's not even eye-for-an-eye anymore.

edit on 28-9-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

I've been saying for a long time now that China, Russia, Iran, Syria, Pakistan, the rest of the middle East and even parts of South America and Africa are working together loosely in some cases and tightly in others to overthrow the US as the world superpower

Real deep imaginations.

Shows that you know alot about politics and you have been focusing on the news to see that differences in those countries and their dominions.

for example , None of the countries you mentioned backed Iran when it was being imposed by sanctions.

If other countries in the world don't obey US Political Madness, it doesn't mean that they are overthrowing the US as the world superpower.

Edited: Rest easy for you are not very important to be the first issue in the world and your imaginary American Dream has never been under attack expect by your own govt.
edit on 28/9/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Iranian bluster, no more.

I don't know if Iran has any true deepwater combat vessels but if they do I doubt they have the experience needed to sail and supply any ships to the American coast.

Saber rattling of the silliest kind.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
You have to laugh at American arrogance or is that ignorance. You think you're so invincible, funny how your country was brought to it's knees on 9-11. Where was your mighty military and navy then. You couldn't even stop a bunch of camel jockeys flying unarmed planes.

Sorry to inform you, but there isn't one law for America and a different one for everyone else, but keep deluding yourselves that there is. If America can do as it pleases, then so can Iran, or any other country for that matter.
GO Iran, stick it to the Americans!

edit on 28-9-2011 by kindred because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by getreadyalready

I wonder how many of them many have nuclear launching capabilities???

How many nukes can the US intercept in any given moment???

Oh dear, the one that got away....

Depends if you are talking about a legitimate attack or a false flag.

Legitimate attack: they have no nuclear capability, no decent missile platform, and no ship based delivery system. If they wanted to do this, they would have to purchase the nukes from Pakistan and get extremely close to our shore, and we have the capability to detect that at many levels. Chances of it being successful are nil.

False Flag attack: they have no nuclear capability, but we could seize some Pakistani nukes, allow them close to the shore, and let one slip through at a key moment to minimize loss of human life and maximize patriotic support for invading Iran. We all know how that one goes.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Not a fair assessment of the situation imo. The US military is fighting insurgents, not another military. Different type of warfare altogether. You'd think they would have learned from the many examples in the past. Naval warfare and the US would easily crush Iran's assets. Also let's not forget all those eyes in the sky. They would know what's going on long before any ship even got close. This is just noise.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
We wiped out most of Iran's navy once before in 1988 in about 24 hours in Operation Praying Mantis, the largest US naval engagement since WW2.

We could do it again today.

They have 3 destroyers and 5 frigates. It would be over in 12 hours or less.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

And 19 submarines:

www.globalfirepower.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

And isn't all of it locked up by the Suez Canal? Their Navy isn't of much use without the world's permission. They might get a couple out at a time, but it isn't going to be a surprise anywhere or to anyone. We will know whta they are up to every step of the way.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join