It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lady Gaga and Obama "Bullying should be made illegal"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Calex1987so your implying because this person is un-hygienic that bullying is the answer? how about the child having parents who give a crap and teach him this stuff rather then you going around shoving him into lockers calling him names and embarrassing him infront of everyone because you think its funny. there are other productive ways to get a point across bullying is not one of them.

I have science on my side:

Studies have shown that children become more popular among, and respected by, teachers and fellow pupils if they repay hostility in kind. They remember such experiences more vividly than friendly episodes, helping them to develop healthy social and emotional skills.

The research shows that while bullying is not always character-building, there can be advantages to being shouted at, or ostracised on Facebook.

“However, among kids who are disliked by a peer, our research suggests it may be [helpful] for some young adolescents to return that peer’s dislike than to either not be aware or to continue liking that peer.”

The experience gives children an early lesson that not everybody is going to like them in life and teaches them about conflict resolution.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

What do you have?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

it would appear your science proves us both right as it sometimes "Does" work and others it does not going back to the if it worked for YOU does not mean it will work for them.... i can agree with lets call it "tease bullying" the kind where you are mocked made fun of ect......does help but the bullying that doesnt is the physical taunting the demanding of a fight because they are different ect....is unneeded and uncalled for....

so i say agree to disagree?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Calex1987
reply to post by Nosred

it would appear your science proves us both right as it sometimes "Does" work and others it does not going back to the if it worked for YOU does not mean it will work for them.... i can agree with lets call it "tease bullying" the kind where you are mocked made fun of ect......does help but the bullying that doesnt is the physical taunting the demanding of a fight because they are different ect....is unneeded and uncalled for....

The problem isn't bullying, it's that we're not teaching kids to stick up for themselves. Nowadays when you punch someone who's bullying you you'll get suspended from school, instead they want you to play the victim and rely on Mommy and Daddy and the teachers to make everything all better for you.

This is not how the world works later in life. Not everybody is your "friend", kids need to learn that and learn appropriate ways to handle that early on.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred

reply to post by Nosred

The problem isn't bullying, it's that we're not teaching kids to stick up for themselves. Nowadays when you punch someone who's bullying you you'll get suspended from school, instead they want you to play the victim and rely on Mommy and Daddy and the teachers to make everything all better for you.

This is not how the world works later in life. Not everybody is your "friend", kids need to learn that and learn appropriate ways to handle that early on.

see now i will full heartily agree with you...when i was being raised i was always taught two things...first if you can walk away do so....if the problem continues to follow you turn around and kick this snot out of it....and after this if it does not get the point do it again...eventually they will take the hint...and fact that has been proven most bullies not all will f off if you stand up to them for the sheer fact if you can do it others can to.

also socially it does help because those who we're picked on and smart payed the bigger guys to teach them a lesson...ahh socializing in school how i do miss it....and all the lunch money.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

see now i will full heartily agree with you...when i was being raised i was always taught two things...first if you can walk away do so....if the problem continues to follow you turn around and kick this snot out of it....and after this if it does not get the point do it again...eventually they will take the hint...and fact that has been proven most bullies not all will f off if you stand up to them for the sheer fact if you can do it others can to.

Exactly. Everyone gets picked on at some point in time during their school life, and indeed during their adult life. Instead of teaching kids to play the victim and allow someone else to solve their problems for them we should be teaching them appropriate ways to handle someone disliking them.

To put it one way: Instead of punishing the bully and cutting off a branch we should teach kids ways to handle being bullied, and strike at the roots. If you don't learn to handle people disliking you then you're not going to have a very nice life.
edit on 27-9-2011 by Nosred because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

yep their are ways to deal with a bully and we just need to teach the children this and running away and crying about it isnt going to help....not everyone will like you or want to be your friend....so lets educate and teach rather then just push it off like its nothing and try and tell someone else to deal with the problem...putting it on the gov isnt going to fix it...it will only make it worse.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I was always kind of the anti-bully as a kid. I put down my share of bullies and ended their ways. Sometimes with words, sometimes with a good right hook that seemed to knock them out. Sometimes, it was just because I was one of the older kids wherever I was.

I never tolerated it when I saw it, and instead of getting a teacher, etc., I just took care of it myself...at least through grade school and middle school. Once in high school though, a) I never really saw it that much, and b) it was easier to talk my way out of it than get involved physically.

I could be a sneaky bastard too. Want to get a kid in trouble? Call up his parents (after you get the contact info from your network of office assistants), pretending to be his dealer, wanting to know where your money is at. That will bring a world of trouble between the kid and his folks, hehe...and he'll have more issues to deal with than wanting to bully others.

I remember in 6th grade, we had this really big, tall German bully in our class. (I was overseas, and in an International school). He was like 6 and a half feet tall and even had facial hair for Christ's sakes. There was no way I'd get him in a fair fight, and we'd had words about his actions before. He gave me a good shove into a wall, and I knew I was outmatched. So, I ambushed him from the top of the bleachers, my momentum knocking him down to size, where I could work on him. Didn't take long, and he respected my guts enough to where it pretty much resolved the problem.

I'm not advocating an always violent response, but at least in my own experience, I've seen it resolve the problem more often than not. Each situation is different, but once they've had a taste of their own medicine, they often lose their taste for it. (and often, you don't even have to "win" the fight to have that effect).

Exactly.

edit on 28-9-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Of course lots of people will 'relate' and 'get on board' with the anti-bullying campaign. It's a fabulous piece of brainwashing propaganda! In fact, it's being used in school systems by teachers who keep lists and make notes about children as young as 3 years old. Some are 'homophobic', using hate speech or terrorists. What motivates the teachers to make notes about small children and turn them in to the government is that it's part of an "anti-bullying" campaign!

A total of 34,000 children, in the words of a Daily Mail report, were “effectively classed as bigots because of anti-bullying rules.” The reports, which schools are forced to file with government education officials, are maintained when children move up grades or transfer schools, and could theoretically be accessed by a future employer or university.

Source: www.lifesitenews.com...

Once people 'relate' to a public figure or meme, they can be twisted into almost any kind of belief system that the programmers can dream up. So, all that Lady GaGa dribble about being a misfit? It's stuff kids can relate to....and they will 'follow' her and 'get on board'.

Frightening phenomenon.

The REAL bully is the governments with their brainwashing agendas, weapons, lists and data collection. Everything else is child's play....
edit on 29/9/11 by RainbeauBleu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I was bullied by older kids, because I had kind of a smart mouth.

I had a bad habit of calling out big kids that picked on little ones.
I was a nerd, you know....Read the dictionary as if it were a novel, All my encyclopedias cover to cover.
So I had a decent command of the English language at an early age.
So I would humiliate them in front of others.

However....It resulted in a few butt whippins by these older punks.

So, our response...the other younger kids, was to develop a anti-bully network.
This was the 70's...So we would sneak out of the house at night, with our Walkie talkies....and
Vandalize bully bikes. These older kids would end up with bikes missing spokes, flat tires. Sometimes even no tires at all...unless they happened to look at another bully's home.
I think it lasted about 2 years...none of us were ever caught....But damn it was fun.
It felt like a little military operation...hehehe..

Maybe I was a Bully bully?
But I considered it justice.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
It's interesting to see the comments. Everyone is reviewing their inner dialogue, opinions and stories about their own experiences with bullies. Very heart-warming.

On a forum like ATS, I would expect that more individuals would have an awareness of the bigger picture, agendas and realize they are being manipulated and played (brainwashed).

I'm not seeing any signs of consciousness about that particular subject.

Strange, no?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I think that provocation should be made illegal.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
I can get onboard with this idea! Bullying is harrassment and if any adult engaged in such behavior they'd soon be having police banging on their doors for domestic disturbance. We need to start holding these kids responsible for the same laws adults are held responsible for. Learning to be a good american starts in childhood. Its hard enough for children to concentrate on school work and making good grades when they are worried about some insolent asshole making fun of them, picking on them and ostracising them. This bullying has got to stop, kids see no way out of their misery except for taking a pistol and blowing their brains all over the place because they are hurting and in misery.

When i was a child my grades suffered all throughout my school years because i was bullied on a daily basis and even i thought about taking one of my grandfathers shotguns and killing the bastards that wouldn't let me have peace. I never did that option because i knew none of those bullies were worth my landing in prison, but some kids don't have the option of being able to freely talk about their feelings because they are constantly on the defensive expecting an attack to come from any direction. We as adults need to derail this train of hate and bigotry and harrassment. Bullying IS a hatecrime and we need to use our power to vote to make this indecent and unacceptable behavior illegal.

I was bullied to, but not to the extent that would warrant making it illegal. I think this might just be another law that will infringe on our rights as Americans. Every generation has had to deal with bullies,but only in the last 15 years have kids begun taking guns to school to sort it out. The problem is that we aren't teaching our kids how to handle the situations of bullying the right way, or handling it at all. I think the bullying hasn't changed at all, it's the bullied who have become weaker. Bullies are just kids without any self worth, so they must bring others down to their pitiful level. The bullied should be laughing at their bullies, because it takes a bully to bring down someone so high. Bullies will adapt their tactics to the laws to the point of absolute tyranny on all of us. They have adapted to the web and that just means, they will find ways around the laws too. Kids needs to learn how to show that they are stronger willed and that the bully is nothing more than a feeble minded weakling who only chance at becoming more than a zero is to bring down someone who is at the top.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Do you endorse the anti-bullying campaigns that some countries (the U.K. for one) are employing? Do you think they should report any name calling or comments that might reflect racism, sexism or anti-semantic remarks made by 3-9 year old children to the government? The government keeps lists of racists, sex offenders, etc.

It can limit what you do in life. Perhaps a homophobic remark made at 4 years old will haunt you forever.

Wake up!

Who is the real bully?

Is it our own government?

This other stuff is child's play compared to where this propaganda is leading...

I'm the only one who sees this on this forum, eh?

STUNNING!
edit on 7/11/11 by RainbeauBleu because:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ramle

I know I told you my experiences on the phone about the bullying I faced. I am all for laws against bullying. I suffer hypersensitivity and I was bullied to the point of nervous breakdown and it messed me up bad. I am very phobic of teenagers and get panic attacks when I see a group of them. I have major axitiey.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Here's one person's opinion about the concept of bullying being used to further an agenda. I don't agree with all of it, but the view is represented by no one but me on this post currently. Personally, I am pro-gay and pro-choice. I don't share Makow's view of that, but it doesn't stop me from seeing the psy-op. I think it's more about reporting bullies to the government for cataloging. Still, I post this comment (which I'm sure most of the ATS crowd doesn't welcome) because I believe there's another side to this coin. I'm posting this for anyone with eyes to see and ears to hear....I know you're out there.

You know it's an Illuminati psy-op when local, state and federal governments, celebrities and the mass media all pick up on it in a coordinated fashion. The "psy-op" is "bullying." Supposedly it's an epidemic. The Obama administration "estimates that bullying affects 13 million students, or about a third of those attending school." One-third of all children attending school? Have you ever heard such nonsense in your life?

But "Bullying" is not the real issue here. "Bullying" is a euphemism for something else, non-acceptance of homosexuality. Gay kids are being portrayed as a persecuted minority. Anyone who takes exception to the media and government drive to make us all experiment with homosexuality is being set up as a "bully" or "hater." "Lady" Gag wants to make "bullying" a "hate crime." Anyone who turns down a homosexual overture will be suspected of "hate." Did you know many homosexuals prefer heterosexuals? They don't like rejection. Watch the report on ABC News Dec. 6. It was about how satanist slut Lady Gaga is going to the White House to discuss bullying. But it quickly emerges that bullying isn't the problem, resistance to homosexuality is.

Don't be fooled. "Bullying" is really about heterosexuals being coerced to have gay sex. Bullying is the media and government perverts and traitors bullying you.

www.henrymakow.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
No matter how hard you try, there are always going to be bullies in American schools. There are just to many trashy celebrities that judge people. Take Rap and Hip-Hop for example (no offense intended) they're always saying how they like girls and how skinny their waist is (or large, depending on the "artist") and what the girls do for them in clubs. Thing is, Everyone in Middleschool listens to these people and LEARN to bully and judge even if the girl they judge has never done anything to hurt them personally. I hate walking by a group of kids and they're talking about who fought who, facebook, or who did what its very disgusting especially when all the boys talk about how big their croches are. America doesn't need celebrities in my opinion.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join