It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lady Gaga and Obama "Bullying should be made illegal"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I can get onboard with this idea! Bullying is harrassment and if any adult engaged in such behavior they'd soon be having police banging on their doors for domestic disturbance. We need to start holding these kids responsible for the same laws adults are held responsible for. Learning to be a good american starts in childhood. Its hard enough for children to concentrate on school work and making good grades when they are worried about some insolent asshole making fun of them, picking on them and ostracising them. This bullying has got to stop, kids see no way out of their misery except for taking a pistol and blowing their brains all over the place because they are hurting and in misery.

When i was a child my grades suffered all throughout my school years because i was bullied on a daily basis and even i thought about taking one of my grandfathers shotguns and killing the bastards that wouldn't let me have peace. I never did that option because i knew none of those bullies were worth my landing in prison, but some kids don't have the option of being able to freely talk about their feelings because they are constantly on the defensive expecting an attack to come from any direction. We as adults need to derail this train of hate and bigotry and harrassment. Bullying IS a hatecrime and we need to use our power to vote to make this indecent and unacceptable behavior illegal.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
whatcha gunna do, lock kids up for bugging someone in the lunch break? I was bullied at school too, alot, it passes, it makes you stronger in the fact that you got past it, that you'll no longer take any business from the next man, and societys answer is put them in a cage like an animal and convince them they are mistaken.

I could go on, but I've said enough. there are of course positive notes to this story, but imho this is another step towards eugenics.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Since teasing and bullying seem to be synonymous now, should we make teasing illegal also?

I am all for a zero tolerance policy on protracted bullying, but who decides what constitutes bullying versus harmless school yard shenanigans (hehehe )?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
I can get onboard with this idea! Bullying is harrassment and if any adult engaged in such behavior they'd soon be having police banging on their doors for domestic disturbance. We need to start holding these kids responsible for the same laws adults are held responsible for. Learning to be a good american starts in childhood. Its hard enough for children to concentrate on school work and making good grades when they are worried about some insolent asshole making fun of them, picking on them and ostracising them. This bullying has got to stop, kids see no way out of their misery except for taking a pistol and blowing their brains all over the place because they are hurting and in misery.

When i was a child my grades suffered all throughout my school years because i was bullied on a daily basis and even i thought about taking one of my grandfathers shotguns and killing the bastards that wouldn't let me have peace. I never did that option because i knew none of those bullies were worth my landing in prison, but some kids don't have the option of being able to freely talk about their feelings because they are constantly on the defensive expecting an attack to come from any direction. We as adults need to derail this train of hate and bigotry and harrassment. Bullying IS a hatecrime and we need to use our power to vote to make this indecent and unacceptable behavior illegal.

Bullying is what the U.S. does best.... In fact, this is an attempt at bullying the public, and their offspring.

Despite that idea, be careful, because all this says to me is more invasion of privacy, children being tried as adults for bullying? What constitutes bullying for these people? I got bullied in school, but guess what? I have stolen a few cookies in my day. I have also gotten in trouble at school for STOPPING a bully from #ing with a kid that just wanted to read his book (they were ninth graders, I was a senior in high school, my point being; when I was in ninth grade, I got bullied, then in my senior year I got to be the change that I wanted to see, this was AFTER I had done some bullying of my own. Children learn. Duh).

The issue with this is that it will be used against us. Not for any greater good. Being a dick in the classroom is one thing, being a true bully is another. How many ignorant # ass children do YOU know that complain about everything and everyone, just to see people get in trouble and gain the protection of more authoritative forces? Sounds like uh...

Is
Ra
El

Haha, just a quick comparison...

But really, getting fun poked at you is normal, it happens to everyone. And guess what, it is VERY OBVIOUS as to what can be classified as a joke, and what can be taken as literal. We don't need the feds trying our children because of a bullying claim.

Seen both sides of this "bullying" coin, can't say much past "hell no you will not discipline my child".

edit on 27-9-2011 by EvanJP because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanJP

Seen both sides of this "bullying" coin, can't say much past "hell no you will not discipline my child".

That is precisely the problem. Parents don't discipline their own kids and thwart this unproductive behavior. Instead what we have are parents who would rather plop their kids down in front of the xbox or playstation, instead of taking the time to teach their kids right from wrong and spending time with them and showing them how to act properly.

You didn't have this problem in the 1930's and 1940's because parents would have busted their kids asses black and blue for this behavior. What we are seeing is a degeneration of the american society. The government MUST raise america's children now because most parents have either given up or just didn't care to begin with. Mark my words this behavior is only going to get worse, and the consequences for doing nothing have already been seen, Kids who either kill themselves to escape their misery, or they turn on their attackers and kill them. This is why school shootings happen. if you want to teach kids how to be upstanding american citizens then they need to be held accountable for the same laws we as adults are.

edit on 27-9-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Lady Gaga giving advise? The same "Lady" who has millions of little girl fans and cross dresses is trying to give advise? Eh, okay.

Just what we need, more policing. But lets start at a younger age!
My cousin in 2nd grade told his aunt somebody was picking on him.. so my aunt went and told the teacher... who told the kid to leave him alone...
What happens when he grows to be an adult and people are missing with him? He needs to learn how to stand up for himself, he cannot learn that by telling other people to do it for him.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
i just say we got back to the ways that obvi did work...beating there asses....i know someones gonna turn around and say you will not discipline my child...why the hell not do you not see how children act these days..look at your parents and their parents...they didnt act like this they never EVER told their parents to f off in the middle of public while throwing a tantrum cuz their parents would grab them and beat there butts right on the spot then do it again when they got home for embarrassing them...guess what kid learned not to f with them again huh...

if i ever have a kid you damn right he ever gets the idea to lip off to me or his/her mother i will beat his @$$ and make him think twice about what his gonna say...

now im not saying beat your kid for everything but you do not ever disrespect your parents.....damn i miss the old days....i sure got the butt whoopen in my time i could only imagen how bad it woulda been 20years earlier...haha

also on a side note i was bullied in school the last incident i had a kid tried to trip me in class i turned around and said loud enough for the class to hear you try that again and ill put your face through the desk got it...needless to say the teacher and principle told him to take this as a serious warning and to leave me alone...and so he did....
edit on 27-9-2011 by Calex1987 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by EvanJP

That is precisely the problem. Parents don't discipline their own kids and thwart this unproductive behavior. Instead what we have are parents who would rather plop their kids down in front of the xbox or playstation, instead of taking the time to teach their kids right from wrong and spending time with them and showing them how to act properly.

You didn't have this problem in the 1930's and 1940's because parents would have busted their kids asses black and blue for this behavior. What we are seeing is a degeneration of the american society. The government MUST raise america's children now because most parents have either given up or just didn't care to begin with. Mark my words this behavior is only going to get worse, and the consequences for doing nothing have already been seen, Kids who either kill themselves to escape their misery, or they turn on their attackers and kill them. This is why school shootings happen. if you want to teach kids how to be upstanding american citizens then they need to be held accountable for the same laws we as adults are.

edit on 27-9-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

Good point, but if the gov. were to raise our kids, that would be the end of the free man. End of story. Also, you cannot blame many of the parents, for they are busy busting ass to feed these horrible kids, this is systematic.

Divide and conquer, and dividing the individual family is the last move in controlling the masses. What will come, will come. But I will not be subject to tyranny, terror, or anything else that is going to be in the name of my own well-being, because it is not, it is for the well being of control. I will fight this to the death if anything passes from it.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReadyPower
Lady Gaga giving advise? The same "Lady" who has millions of little girl fans and cross dresses is trying to give advise? Eh, okay.

Just what we need, more policing. But lets start at a younger age!
My cousin in 2nd grade told his aunt somebody was picking on him.. so my aunt went and told the teacher... who told the kid to leave him alone...
What happens when he grows to be an adult and people are missing with him? He needs to learn how to stand up for himself, he cannot learn that by telling other people to do it for him.

Under normal circumstances i would agree, but in the type of society we live in now using brute force and violence solves nothing, it makes it worse. I never would have bullied any kids when i was a child, my dad would have stomped a mudhole in my ass and i knew he would. In fact, when i was in the 8th grade i had a bully that liked to walk up beside me and jerk my hand outwards so my books and folders would go flying across the floor so he could laugh at me in the hallway. Well, after the 3rd or 4th time he did this and after the 3rd or 4th time i asked him to stop he did it again which resulted in a knockdown dragout fight in the hallway where we damaged alot of lockers as well as eachother. He was bigger than i was and after that day he actually wanted to be my friend, but it took me kicking his ass to make it happen.

However, in this society you just can't do that anymore. There should have been a powerful lesson learned in america when the Columbine Shooting happened.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Calex1987

And there is nothing WRONG with a little SLAP to get your kid to calm down or realize that you are their elder, and you should be respected (all DUE respect). Especially with all the messed up meds we give children these days? Parents are LOOKING to put their kids of medication so that they don't have to deal with it. Sad... This bullying thing is not the answer though, it's almost like the state saying "oh... Our medications didn't work? Okay.. We will take the kid back, then".

I just don't see this as a good idea, at all. These adults play just as many games, watch just as much television, and such just as bad as the kids. Sounds like a contradiction of my latter post, but it isn't. You are either spoiling your kid with BS, or you can't spend enough time with them to have a true influence.

I do agree with this... Kids need to get the hell outside, and stop playing games, stop watching television, stop sucking.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanJP

and your right...but as a parent a lil discipline is not a bad idea....but at the same time if you are a parent you are the boss you are the provider...that kid should without a doubt respect you...im not saying beat your kid every time he acts up kids will be kids...take time out of your god forbidden busy day and spend it with your child...teach them educate them...show them the rights and the wrongs...stop expecting medication to fix all the issues because it wont it will only prolong if not make them worse..

if you dont educate your child how will they know what is proper behavior children look up to their parents so if a parent is caught bulling then the child see's this as an ok action...while its not but does this child know any better no? then when he goes to school his taught its bad now he has a conflict because they saw mommy/daddy do it so its ok but this person says its wrong...the child is going to follow their parents well before someone else...

we need to get back to the fundamentals we had and stop being so fing lazy it makes me sick...its disgusting how people have just shoved their kids to the side then screams why oh why when their kid went down the wrong path.....this is why because you stopped being involved and being the teacher your supposed to be if you cant dedicate the time to your child that they need to grow and become successful stop having children.

that is all haha sorry for the rant

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I couldn't agree more! Amen finally someone, Lady Gaga, is gonna fix this problem! She is right, the federal and state governments should step in and stop this EPIDEMIC! In my mind the ending of bullying falls somewhere between peace in the Middle East and ending the genocide in Darfur.

Why don't we have class marshals in every classroom? That seems like a good use of government resources.

The government, state or federal, are not the people to make sure YOUR kid isn't an asshole or isn't getting his/her ass kicked. Guess who's job that is? Parents, yep parent are the best resource for helping children who are bullied and punishing the bullies (if their kid is the bully). Parents not being good parents are the single biggest reason for bullies not lack of state or federal regulation. I am sick of hearing of all the things that would be better if ONLY the government was in charge of it.

Teach your children how to never be a victim and to be their own problem solver while still being there to help them through any issues will keep them from growing up to think the government will be able to solve my problems for me.

One other question, bank robbery is illegal isn't it? Has that stopped? Making up a law doesn't fix the root of the problem which in turn will now give you TWO problems. The one is bullies and the second is what to do with new group of criminals you have created by making bullying illegal.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Calex1987
reply to post by EvanJP

and your right...but as a parent a lil discipline is not a bad idea....but at the same time if you are a parent you are the boss you are the provider...that kid should without a doubt respect you...im not saying beat your kid every time he acts up kids will be kids...take time out of your god forbidden busy day and spend it with your child...teach them educate them...show them the rights and the wrongs...stop expecting medication to fix all the issues because it wont it will only prolong if not make them worse..

if you dont educate your child how will they know what is proper behavior children look up to their parents so if a parent is caught bulling then the child see's this as an ok action...while its not but does this child know any better no? then when he goes to school his taught its bad now he has a conflict because they saw mommy/daddy do it so its ok but this person says its wrong...the child is going to follow their parents well before someone else...

we need to get back to the fundamentals we had and stop being so fing lazy it makes me sick...its disgusting how people have just shoved their kids to the side then screams why oh why when their kid went down the wrong path.....this is why because you stopped being involved and being the teacher your supposed to be if you cant dedicate the time to your child that they need to grow and become successful stop having children.

that is all haha sorry for the rant

First off, do not apologize for speaking your true thoughts, thank YOU for doing so.

And, guess what, I agree. But you cannot look to the government to provide these answers. That is all I am really saying. Time will tell, in these uncertain days, I feel glad to be alive (and hold a clear, self respecting conscious, took a long time to get that one right).

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanJP

the way i see this is

"If we cannot control our own children, how can we trust a government that cant even control its self to do a better job?"

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
i'd just like to say please don't take my post personally, im grateful that you bought this information to light aswell as anyone else, so I starred and flaged the thread and OP, don't let this thread die without proper feedback, things like this are important, everyone should have their say.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Calex1987

Exactly.

There is a step to be taken, we just don't know what that step is.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatsinaname
whatcha gunna do, lock kids up for bugging someone in the lunch break? I was bullied at school too, alot, it passes, it makes you stronger in the fact that you got past it, that you'll no longer take any business from the next man, and societys answer is put them in a cage like an animal and convince them they are mistaken

Agreed, bullying only makes you stronger.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred

Originally posted by whatsinaname
whatcha gunna do, lock kids up for bugging someone in the lunch break? I was bullied at school too, alot, it passes, it makes you stronger in the fact that you got past it, that you'll no longer take any business from the next man, and societys answer is put them in a cage like an animal and convince them they are mistaken

Agreed, bullying only makes you stronger.

no it does not..if that was the case all this bullying would people take their lives if it made them stronger...what about the ones that finally snap and go shoot up a school did it make them stronger...no your logic is wrong sure this is how "YOU" a single person turned out does not mean that this is how the others will....

just because something worked one way for you doesnt mean it will work the same for another.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

no it does not..if that was the case all this bullying would people take their lives if it made them stronger...what about the ones that finally snap and go shoot up a school did it make them stronger...no your logic is wrong sure this is how "YOU" a single person turned out does not mean that this is how the others will....

Without bullying there would be a hell of a lot more socially awkward and un-hygienic people afraid to stand up for themselves in the world.

Remember the smelly kid in school who never washed his hair and had no friends? That's your kid without bullying.

just because something worked one way for you doesnt mean it will work the same for another.

/implying I was bullied

edit on 27-9-2011 by Nosred because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred

Without bullying there would be a hell of a lot more socially awkward and un-hygienic people afraid to stand up for themselves in the world.

Remember the smelly kid in school who never washed his hair and had no friends? That's your kid without bullying.

/implying I was bullied

edit on 27-9-2011 by Nosred because: (no reason given)

so your implying because this person is un-hygienic that bullying is the answer? how about the child having parents who give a crap and teach him this stuff rather then you going around shoving him into lockers calling him names and embarrassing him infront of everyone because you think its funny. there are other productive ways to get a point across bullying is not one of them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join