It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need ATS's skilled debunkers help! Faked Japan story.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Hello fellow ATS'ers. This is my very first thread, its nothing of great importance. But I thought some skilled info seekers could help me out with a little problem. Forgive me if my search failed to find what I was looking for.

So there is a picture circulating on facebook. Its posted by a group "Its Different"

It is supposedly about japanese workers finding a dead woman, and then soon after finding a child wrapped in a "flowery blanket" also with a cellphone inside with a dear message from the mothers heart.

Heres the story attached to the picture on facebook:

This is a true story of Mother’s Sacrifice during the Japan Earthquake.
After the Earthquake had subsided, when the rescuers reached the ruins of a young woman’s house, they saw her dead body through the cracks. But her pose was somehow strange that she knelt on her knees like a person was worshiping; her body was leaning forward, and her two hands were supporting by an object. The collapsed house had crashed her back and her head.

With so many difficulties, the leader of the rescuer team put his hand through a narrow gap on the wall to reach the woman’s body. He was hoping that this woman could be still alive. However, the cold and stiff body told him that she had passed away for sure.
He and the rest of the team left this house and were going to search the next collapsed building. For some reasons, the team leader was driven by a compelling force to go back to the ruin house of the dead woman. Again, he knelt down and used his had through the narrow cracks to search the little space under the dead body. Suddenly, he screamed with excitement,” A child! There is a child! “
The whole team worked together; carefully they removed the piles of ruined objects around the dead woman. There was a 3 months old little boy wrapped in a flowery blanket under his mother’s dead body. Obviously, the woman had made an ultimate sacrifice for saving her son. When her house was falling, she used her body to make a cover to protect her son. The little boy was still sleeping peacefully when the team leader picked him up.
The medical doctor came quickly to exam the little boy. After he opened the blanket, he saw a cell phone inside the blanket. There was a text message on the screen. It said,” If you can survive, you must remember that I love you.” This cell phone was passing around from one hand to another. Every body that read the message wept. ” If you can survive, you must remember that I love you.” Such is the mother’s love for her child!!
----

So just from the story posted. You can tell, that is no 4 month old child? And that is no remains of house/building coming down. They are clearly under soil. That child underneath her must be dead, cause if anyone was free from debris holding them down, They would immediatly want out as fast as possible, Or did they ask the child to stay there for the picture? DONT THINK SO!!!!

So with some searching, I've found comments about how Japanese rescue workers dont wear that suit, its a chinsese type. Unsure of this. Ive also read that Japan does not contain and soil or ground that even looks close to this color.

So I need YOUR help, to find the real story. I am currently in a huge argument with a few people telling me Im wrong to think this is just some bull rear end product.

I get the story is a feel good story and I should just let it be. But what amazes me, is that thousands of people just see the picture read the story and just believe it..... Do people lack that much thinking skills these days? 2+2 = 3 apparently ?

I also dont think its fair to the family of this photo. This dead persons picture being spread around without the true story, thats disrespect.

I know most threads are meant to show proof and sources, but thats what I'm here seeking! Look forward to your help ATS! Forgive the messyness of the thread, I wanted to bang this one out!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
This didn't happen in Japan, it happened in China.

naijanedu.com...

Perhaps the story that reports it happened in Japan was created around the original, true story from China? I do not know.

edit on 27-9-2011 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
looks like brick dust to me, but why are rescue workers wearing orange camo? if you want an answer figure out that that symbol on his shoulder means, and it may or may not lead to something entirely different than the original story, which I heard a few weeks back and found astounding in many ways. if its a lie, why? is there a reason why this story would appear instead of truth? if so what was that truth?

etc.

ed: if that happened in china it seams we already have a problem with the version of truth in the story. not kool.(I was kind of hoping OP was wrong, but its a screwy world ain't it.)
edit on 27/9/2011 by whatsinaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by youwouldknow

So I need YOUR help, to find the real story. I am currently in a huge argument with a few people telling me Im wrong to think this is just some bull rear end product.

So, basically you want people to spend their time debunking this so you can win an argument? I don't think that's why most of us are here. If you want to win this argument, do the legwork. Or better yet - just let it go and forget your pride.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Snopes is a good resource for Urban Legends and whether they are true or not....In fact they have this story on their site...so far they say it's undetermined, but they seem pretty skeptical for many reasons....for one that a mother could hold off the debris from her child while texting something at the same time.....

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

This story is truely an inspirational one....whether or not it's true who cares; the story gives hope even if there is a small chance it's based upon a little white lie or not, it's not doing any harm to any individual.

Understand the story for what it is, sometimes the meaning behind it overides all other factors.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by westo

So, basically you want people to spend their time debunking this so you can win an argument? I don't think that's why most of us are here. If you want to win this argument, do the legwork. Or better yet - just let it go and forget your pride.

So basically, you have been on ATS since 2010 with 7 posts? You dont seem like you contribute much anyways. Maybe you're trolling, or you own/admin that group on facebook. I have been searching for a real story for a few days now. I am not the most skilled person in the art of tracking down legitimate information and source, hence why I asked for help. It's much bigger than me debating an argument, it has to do with the respect to the orignal photo, and its real orgins.

You got mad enough to post, putting you from 6-7. Dont got over you yearly limit now!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
If you read a chain letter and believe it, you're on your own. If your friends read a chain letter and believe it, [I think] they should be on their own too.

Of course it's not true, neither is the rest of the junk mail in your box, or on facebook.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I'm wondering if it's just a spin on the baby that was found after the Japan earthquake.

The four-month-old girl had been swept from her parents’ arms in the shattered village of Ishinomaki when the deadly wave crashed into the family home. For three days, the child’s frantic family had believed she was lost to them for ever. But yesterday, for a brief moment, the horrors of the disaster were brightened by one helpless baby’s story of survival. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

link
It seems to run along the same lines.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Thank you Bhorn and Kelly

Both of those links provide some valuable insight as to how this fabricated story came to its face value.

It amazes me how many people believe anything they hear/see. Even when conflicting information presents itself full force in your face.

So many idiots out there. If someone has a plan to cull the world.... Do it now...

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
the photo was taken August 30, 2008 in Panzhihua City, Sichuan, Huili County, China. After a magnitude 6.1 earthquake, the woman and child in the picture were dug out from under a collapsed wall. They did not survive.

new topics

top topics

join