It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greece parliament passes new property tax bill

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

probably me????

and we ain't paying for obama's reckless spending....
we are paying for the biggest wall street/banking/real estate blunder of all time.....
we are paying to save those too big to fails out there!!!

edit on 28-9-2011 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiberalSceptic
reply to post by SeleneLux

I agree that the best system would be a computer controlled one, preferable A.I. controlling everything. Thus taking out Humans from the equation.
Who would program the computer? Even an AI needs a base program. GIGO.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

The chicken or the egg right?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

My point being that you cannot take humans out of the equation. The best you can do is a myriad of checks and balances, but TPTB will find a way around that eventually. Just look at what happened/is happening here in the US.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

My point being that you cannot take humans out of the equation. The best you can do is a myriad of checks and balances, but TPTB will find a way around that eventually. Just look at what happened/is happening here in the US.

That is why Humans needs to be taken out of the system. It never takes a long time until the person/s in control starts to take advantage of their situation.
The question as you mentioned, is how the A.I. system can/should be started up without being infected by the Human touch.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by LiberalSceptic

All technology/machines require upkeep and maintenance. Sure, to a degree other machines can maintain other machines but eventually human intervention will be required.

What you get is a team of people tasked with looking after the machines. The next oligarchy.

Or you could go all sci-fi nuts and claim an entire race of super advanced machines will lord over the humans but let's keep this within the scope of several generations at least not hundreds of years Asimov running amok.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Machines are not the answer. That is just another tyranny. The answer is maximum personal liberty with minimum government. Something along the lines of the articles of confederation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join