It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams that stay with you, like memories.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

Originally posted by Burnerz
For a while now I've been having dreams that are extremely vivid.

I wake up feeling a strong emotion directed at whatever happened during the course of the dream, whether it be fear, anger, love, sadness, etc.

Does anyone else experience a similar thing?

Also does anyone else have a dream one night in a particular area and then another night have one that links to the place from the previous one?

Thanks, I appreciate your replies

Who else seems to go to the same place every night in their dreams?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks, for one it doesnt hurt to prompt new discussion and my main question is directed at the feeling of emotion after waking up.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

Personally, what i feel, i wouldnt call the feeling that bothers me the most fear.

If i lose something in a dream such as a person. One created in the dream or associated to someone i know, i wake up with a real emptiness to what may be comparable to the real thing.

And yes positive or negative it is enjoyable but seeking explanations is something i love doing!

reply to post by Blanca Rose

They really are amazing aren't they.

reply to post by blackmetalmist

That is really scary, Is it something that stays with you in thought? Or does it have to be prompted for you to remember?

reply to post by asdfgh

I would recommend starting to log your dreams, if you want to further the analysis of them (like you say)

I am also the same, i have about 5 or 6 places that i visit from time to time.

Have you had a dream in one place and not have any clue how or why you are there, only to visit it in another dream that explains why?

reply to post by starsyren

Originally posted by starsyren
I had the weirdest sense of deja vu WITHIN the dream...in the dream I'm looking at my surroundings thinking, "I've been here before, this is so familiar!".

I think i know the feeling as well. Its not quite like deja vu but it is.. lol. If you know what i mean.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I had a dream when I was about 5, over 30 years ago. I dreamed I was either a pirate, or on or near a pirate ship, and there was a woman, I can almost still see her face, and she was a pirate, or was dressed like one. She was moving away from me somehow, but looking at me, smiling forlornly, like bidding me farewell, and I felt betrayed.

At that point I woke up and was really sad and started crying and couldnt explain it, there were complex emotions that really bothered me and stuck with me, obviously, to this day.

Only when I got older and had my heart broken, did I recognize this feeling this dream had left me with.

I have often wondered in some other life, some other dimension, what happened to me and that woman....if our souls found each other in space time again through this medium. Ah, dreams......

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

That is really deep.

You really have to wonder where it comes from.. Dreams are so intriguing.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
i have some dreams that stick with me, i have mentioned them before on dream threads on ATS so i am not going to bore people with them again, when they are fresh you remember every single detail, but i find as the years pass, you remember the dream still but it becomes more clouded as time passes. some dreams have also made me feel in a good mood and others have made me feel as though something bad has just happened even though it was just a dream.

so no your not the only one.

the worse time to have these vivid dreams though is when you have been on a night out and drunk to much, i am telling you there was either an incident or i had a dream that to this day i have no idea if it happened in real life or when i was passed out from drink and dreaming. i remembered it when i woke up the next morning and could not distinguish real/dream, it still bugs me to this day.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11

Can you link me to your dreams, i would be really interested to read them.

I dont drink but i have indulged in other substance and it does significantly distort the perception of what is reality and dream.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Burnerz

here are two threads, the others i posted that long ago, i do not even remember what the thread was called.
but there are many dream threads on ats with many members experiences you should find to be an interesting read. i recomend using the search function and having a read of the ones that stand out to you.

good luck.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11

Thanks im going to read them soon.

Yeah im aware of the search function etc.. i find great interest in reading others dreams.

Was just looking for feedback to my own question and thats what i got, so thanks everyone.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

Hello i just recently had a dream of 2 fighter jets flying real low above my head, found it really strange that you did too!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by oneness86

wow, really? Yeah it was a vivid dream. It was a row of 3-5 jets in a line above me. The skies were gray people wer panicking and thats all i really remember.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
when i sleep on my back, sometimes i have INSANELY strange dreams about myself, except they feel like they are in completely different world, or maybe even vibration. the feeling is so alien to myeverday consciousness that is hard tofind words to describe it, yet it is similar to my waking life. i dont know what this is and usually i awake and pray for dreams that are not so vivid.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by sidrthe96

How quickly do you normally fall asleep when you sleep on your back?

Why do you think you have such bad experiences in the more detailed dreams?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join