It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zeitgeist Reloaded;new material, worth seeing....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I know, i've seen all the Raelliain & Jesus-bashing threads, so bear with me for a while

Personally, i have no religion as such, maybe a mix of Buhddism & 'The Force' is as far as i would go...
There is life after death, i once died for a very short while, maybe 2 minutes, and left my body.
It was an amazing experience, but that's for another thread
If they misquoted the bible, i can't help that, but i do not think religion is the issue here....

Whether Jaques Fresco is an honorary member of some wierd cult is no fault of his, he has made his view on religion perfectly clear; It's all bunk. It's to give people something to believe in, to seek courage or forgiveness, or you practise a particular religion because you are an inordinately kind & loving person. Kudo's to you, most of us aren't
His message was, "believe in yourselves, for once"
There's nothing wrong with religion IMO but there's no need to take it to extremes or try to push it on others too much, and certainly to such extremes as we have had up til now.
Such a waste of life, over a vague ideal or belief, that does not suit everybody.

I firmly believe, as Fresco does (and if you have listened to him for some time you will know that he is (or was) a very clever man), that all our problems are technical.
I don't even know, at this point in time, if he is still alive...
Bad research, forgive me, i am so busy right now.
He is right in that nearly all problems including those in society, are technical ones,
He is also right that since neither politicians nor priests have any technical backround, they are the least likely to be able to come up with a solution. The proof is in the pudding, as they say.
And what a pudding it has turned out to be, in light of current events.
Right now we are quite capable of destroying ourselves even before the next Nibiru/Galactic Alignment/Pole Shift/Insert Disaster of Your Choice Here......

And to me, it makes no difference at all whether you believe in God, Allah, or Venusian telepathic slugs, it all boils down to you being a human being and having some respect for each other and everyone is entitled to their beliefs/ customs whatever, as long as it does not harm anyone or incite hatred. We are duty bound, as human beings, to help each other.
We are all in this sh*t together.

Talking of hatred, that's exactly what i feel for politics, politicians, and the whole shebang, it sucks, I know there are 1 or 2 good, honest ones fighting for truth, but they are hopelessly outnumbered, and even worse, misunderstood,leave the decisions to a computer & be done with it,
Asimov was right
he knew a computer would make the right decisions with the ultimate goal of the welfare of all humans & society in general, and with minimum drain on the planet's resources, which after all is the main driving factor in favour of Zeitgeist & the Venus project. Isaac Asimov had the solution in 1950 when he wrote 'The Evitable Conflict'. He realised the the complex task of fairly distributing the worlds resources/energy/food/people was best left to computers (even though there was nothing you could call a 'computer' in 1950).

O.K. it's not the ultimate utopian pipe dream, No-one ever claimed it to be ,unless you include some slick animations here & there that were some artistic license on behalf of the producer, methinks, it was just included to give the film some 'buzz'
Let's face it, after a while, hearing so much about the collapse of society & the end of the world will get just plain boring,
Until it actually happens, and it appears to be happening now.

Of course you are going to get all the 'new age' science types, into Eath Energy & whatever.
Who cares? as long as they are pleasant about it, let them do their thing.

This (german edited?) version goes into more technical ideas & stuff...

Or if you want better quality,and autoplay on all parts, Go here...

I welcome any feedback you may have, i am not even finished watching the whole film, so dont go criticising me for faults it may have: I believe in the Zeitgeist IDEA, a resource based economy, and a properly managed technological endeavour, i'm NOT interested in political or religious views here, just social/ technical issues, please.
Peace

edit on 27-9-2011 by playswithmachines because: Embed not working..
edit on 27-9-2011 by playswithmachines because:Fixed
edit on 27-9-2011 by playswithmachines because: Fixed, broken, fixed again...

edit on 27-9-2011 by playswithmachines because: Spacingeditby]
edit on 27-9-2011 by playswithmachines because: (no reason given)
extra DIV
extra DIV
extra DIV

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Outstanding!! thanks for sharing

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by greenCo

I found this yesterday on Documentarywire(dotcom)
I was amazed it hadn't already been posted!

If you use the link, it will play all parts automatically.
Of special interest is part 2, at 2 minutes 30, they talk about the problem with science & technology...
edit on 27-9-2011 by playswithmachines because: Info

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
These vaccumed tubes of transportation.

The guy is making a case to build one, which basically relies on the thought that one could build something in a really strait line across the earth. How in sam hell would we pull that off?

The solar towers, im not so confused about, but there is a general concern for the amount of heat that may or may not build up at the base and immediatly around the tower. What effect would that have on the surrounding soil? The animals? People?

Interesting projects on the part of those zeitgeist "engineers" as usual.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Nephalim

I think it was more an artist's impression, the tunnels would be underground, so they could be very straight, except they will come across fissures, underground rivers etc, it is certainly a great challenge.

The towers are quite simple.. The bottom of the tower (the floor) would be insulated, after all, the idea is to heat up air which will rise, air coming in at the bottom will have a cooling effect, so the tower would reach some equilibrium, where it can't get too hot or too cold. Wouldn't work at night, of course, but the thermal difference between ground level & 200 metres up, plus the solar heated air rising, would be able to turn some pretty big turbines. There would have to be wire fence around the bottom to stop small animals/ birds etc from getting sucked in.
I think it's a brilliant idea.
I think they should have included other alternatives like water fuel cells, cold fusion etc. This technology may still be in it's infancy, but there are enough markers to tell me it is all feasable, given time (and money)

edit on 28-9-2011 by playswithmachines because: Typo

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
From Documentarywire;

Zeitgeist Reloaded was started by the German Chapters of the Zeitgeist Movement and is exclusively based on media research on the Internet. Zeitgeist Reloaded is understood as a compendium of science, technology and global activism. It is the intention of the movement to inform the global population about our positive possibilities for a sustainable future for all humans on earth. All important information gathered by Internet research and by voluntary activism will be implemented in this movie.

Zeitgeist Reloaded will be continuously expanded and is an open film project. It is a message to humanity and represents the hope for a better future for all of us. Everyone can give us suggestions what important information should be included in this media compendium. Zeitgeist Reloaded is a movie that will combine the thoughts and feelings of the Internet and the earth’s people.

This movie is an open film project towards the public. We encourage your participation in clarifying the authenticity of the media and to suggest new media concerning, technology, science, politics, societal conscious art and global activism. It’s you, the viewer who has direct influence on the media of this movie. Zeitgeist Reloaded might change and is very dynamic in it’s content. If the first parts of the movie get positive public approval, we will combine them in a full movie while developing new parts.

Zeitgeist Reloaded is a reflection of the Internet itself with the ambition to bring positive information and change to the public for a peaceful, positive and bright future for all humans.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I see they are working on a vertical wind turbine suspended on magnets, had that idea years ago, it's a good one.
I only get good ideas

I bet they are going to talk about harnessing lightning next.....

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Just to add;
I think these guys have got it right on the button.
They are using the internet (I.E. your feedback) to get the message across.
So if you have something you think is relevant to this movement, please let them know about it.
At the moment, they have been flooded with responses, this is GOOD!
Give them some time to sort it out, & please post anything you think is relevant.
Thanx

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Is this relevant? No, but it's very funny

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Even while suffering under the rule of Zeitgeist Collectivism for the last 100 years humans were able to create some amazing technology. Imagine the awesome technology that will be created after the New World Order is gone and people are free to create and experiment without being farmed by the State.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by playswithmachines

Thank you my young friend.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by JaqueFresco

You're THE Jaque Fresco?
You're THE man
I'm SO glad you're still with us, i have a million questions for you...
I'm 47, to most people, that makes me 'old'

I stumbled upon the Open Source Ecology site via TZM, and it would seem to me to be a useful stop-gap measure for ensuring locally based manufacturing, but eventually we may need some mobile high-tech facility, that could easily be moved from one town to another.
I work often with Victorian machinery, and am constantly amazed at the ingenuity & simplicity of the designs.
Young engineers today should study this, & realise that 'high tech' doesn't neccessarily mean lots of knobs & lights, just a machine that does it's job.....
ETA; Sorry i mis-spelled your name in the original post

edit on 11-10-2011 by playswithmachines because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
If that is actually "the" Jaque Fresco....I would like to ask some questions.

Jaque, how do you feel about being in a movie that is supported and endorsed by the Bavarian Illuminati? armageddonconspiracy.co.uk... (see bottom of page)

Are you part of or a member of the Illuminati?

How is your plans different, or makes you different, from a NWO and/or the Illuminati if you are in fact not part of it?

I have watched all of the Zeigeist films, and it smells like NWO/Illuminati through and through IMO!

Oh yea...and throughout the Ziegeist films, they talk about how things can be turned around within 10 years if there was no monetary system. How exactly will you implement a system where selfishness, greed, and corruption is so part of human nature in a society of thousands of years, and yet eradicate it in just 10 years? Just because you don't have money to trade for crime, you think there won't be other methods or ideas to continue crime with? For instance, sexual favors and or enslaving people for these types of acts. You all talk of an awesome system, but nobody discusses what will happen to the folks that don't want to be part of this system, and what they will do when they take advantage of the system.
edit on 16-11-2011 by Awoken4Ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by playswithmachines

I was just looking at some of his posts...I sincerely doubt he is the real deal. Oh well

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Awoken4Ever

You are probably right, but whoever the author, the words are the same.
I agree with the zeitgeist, it's the only way to go.
OK there are pitfalls, but surely we have learned, after 30,000 years of 'isms' is that 'ism' does not work?
Why can't it be like 'star trek' where everyone works for the common goal, and you don't need to 'buy' stuff, it will simply be produced on site & issued to you?.

Don't want any part of it? Communism, you say?

There can be no more 'isms'; it's work together as one or we won't make it, i will think that the farmers, bakers, butchers, fishermen will be everyone's best freind, when TSHTF and let's not forget the mechanics.
Even now i am struggling with an increasing workload, trying to keep the crumbling system going.
I kid you not, i work most weekends, i can see it's not enough, we have a real problem folks.
edit on 19-12-2011 by playswithmachines because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by playswithmachines

I agree with the zeitgeist, it's the only way to go.

That is because that is what "they" want you to think.

OK there are pitfalls, but surely we have learned, after 30,000 years of 'isms' is that 'ism' does not work?

No we haven't learned a damn thing.

Why can't it be like 'star trek' where everyone works for the common goal, and you don't need to 'buy' stuff, it will simply be produced on site & issued to you?
I must of missed the episode where they show you all the slaves in the factories doing the meaningless tasks to make all those star-ships. Same exact thing Zeitgeist overlooked. There will always be work that nobody wants to do but has to be done. They make it sound like it will be one big happy love hippie commune. No such thing. That's why communes died 30 years ago. Human nature which is greed, jealousy, rage, etc... will always exist. Something the movie never once talked about how to eradicate out of society. Not to mention they never discussed the 5 billion or so spiritually sick people that is rooted in materialism that is already here and how to deal with them. Have you seen the headlines about the brawls people are having in the stores right now over a pair of Michael Jordan sneakers?? How exactly are you going to turn those folks around in the "10 year plan?" Love them to death? Of course, unless they mean the communes will be fine after the 5 billion or so people get wiped off the earth first.

Society is too populated and diseased for any plan of theirs to work unless you remove the disease first....my guess is that would be the 90% population decrease you never hear them mention.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Awoken4Ever
I must of missed the episode where they show you all the slaves in the factories doing the meaningless tasks to make all those star-ships. Same exact thing Zeitgeist overlooked. There will always be work that nobody wants to do but has to be done. They make it sound like it will be one big happy love hippie commune. No such thing. That's why communes died 30 years ago. Human nature which is greed, jealousy, rage, etc... will always exist. Something the movie never once talked about how to eradicate out of society. Not to mention they never discussed the 5 billion or so spiritually sick people that is rooted in materialism that is already here and how to deal with them. Have you seen the headlines about the brawls people are having in the stores right now over a pair of Michael Jordan sneakers?? How exactly are you going to turn those folks around in the "10 year plan?" Love them to death? Of course, unless they mean the communes will be fine after the 5 billion or so people get wiped off the earth first.

Society is too populated and diseased for any plan of theirs to work unless you remove the disease first....my guess is that would be the 90% population decrease you never hear them mention.

Well, i guess there will be people willing to work in factories making starships, just like they do now making washing machines. Of course automation will make the more dangerous tasks less risky.
Ever since we went from being hunter-gatherers to agricultural communities we learned to farm the land collectively so that we could all eat, we celebrated pagan rituals together, & so began the tribal state.
We no longer have that state, we can not support ourselves, we can not continue on this path.
People will lose their materialism very quickly when there is nothing left to eat.
Yes, millions will die, they are not prepared for what is coming, so no, it's not a case of trying to persuade them, they will do what is expected of them, i.e. panic & die.
There are however, a great many people who are planning ahead, and are preparing a simple DIY microcultre economy-based on resources-that will be able to survive the armageddon.
These people are also smart enough to make sure 'this #' does not happen again.
Personally, i don't care what the other 5 billion get up to, at least some of us have the sense to look ahead.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
hi...

Venusian telepathic slugs.....message recieved........lol

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by playswithmachines
There are however, a great many people who are planning ahead, and are preparing a simple DIY microcultre economy-based on resources-that will be able to survive the armageddon.
These people are also smart enough to make sure 'this #' does not happen again.
Personally, i don't care what the other 5 billion get up to, at least some of us have the sense to look ahead.

LOL...yes, I have heard about "these" people looking ahead and stocking up on food, water, emergency needs, guns, whatever...thinking they are going to ride out the Armageddon. I think it is one of the funniest things I have ever heard in my life. They seem to neglect one major factor in this thinking. When 5 BILLION people run out of food, and what they will do to get that food, there will be ZERO defense for it. If you think because you are in some non-military bunker, bunkered down in your home, or underground, and the few guns are going to keep a defense line between you and say "at the least" a few thousand people from taking it from you, well then you are sadly mistaken. You won't have enough bullets in the world to defend yourself. The only thing the bullets will do is draw attraction to the fact that you have something to protect. When you get through one crowd, the next will be soon to follow.

There will be no laws, nobody to protect you. It will be impossible to protect yourself once people start realizing they have to work together in flash mobs in order to survive. The people that will survive the longest will be the psychically strongest for the most part, not the smartest. They will bring terror and violence in a way the smart people have never seen and not prepared for. Many of them, will have been doing it most of their lives already. Even some of the best militia camps won't have a prayer in the world. People are grossly underestimating what will really take place, if times like this really ever happen. You can run, but you can't hide. Every stone will be unturned...I don't care how smart you are, you won't avoid it. The when you realize that you have to start giving it away just to survive, because now you will realize that to survive, you have to hustle, it will be only a matter of time before you are in the same boat as everyone else.

There is no "riding out the storm..." I don't care how secure you think your location is! It won't be just the lunatics out there raping and pillaging, it will also be some incredibly gifted people that know how to do this for a living, and plenty of them. There will be gangs from the streets more heavily armed than anything you can defend yourself against.

The thought of people thinking they are going to go hide in the woods and ride it out is hilarious IMO.

Your also missing my point as to "who these people" are you "think" you are listening to. You and I aren't included in "their" plans at all, depending on what scenario we are exactly talking about. I would encourage you to do some more homework on Zeitgeist folks in general instead of waiting around for someone to come up with a solution for you. I also revert back to, "they couldn't even get along with themselves, but they have a solution for the world in general"

If their plan was so awesome, why is it just coming out now where we are at the end of times (arguably)? It's just a pig with lipstick on it is all. They haven't covered any of the psychological or sociological aspects of implementing a community like this at all. It's an awesome thought, but nothing more.

When you explain to me how you are going to address the 2.2 million people already in prison (that is just the U.S alone) that are further deteriorating in violence, crime, and the long term psychological ramifications of the world they live in, plus the drug problem that is at an all time high epidemic, and get these folks turned around in "just" 10 years, then maybe I will listen.

When you don't talk about these things at all, and think you are just going to change people, and they are going to come along and play nice about the whole thing, then you are a candidate for a bridge I want to sell you. We can't even get people to stop killing each other over who's God is right, and you think they are going to sit back and listen to your solution? Did they discuss how they are going to get all the religions to play nice? Did they discuss what happens to the people who decide this isn't for them?

Of course, unless this is a NWO and a NWR that needs to happen first...good luck my friend. I hear band-aide, not solution. Just because you are open to the idea, I can promise you there are a lot of folks out there that will never come along with it. What do you do with those people "exactly?"

Then again, I think you said it all right here "i don't care what the other 5 billion get up to.." That is why you are part of the problem

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Er, no, i don't just mean the survivalists, i mean we are putting out free plans to build, service & repair machinery, using recyclable parts.
Plans to run cars on water, also for cooking etc.
How to purify water, how to grow crops, make clothing etc. How to generate electricity & buld simple efficient motors.
How to build houses, make medicines etc.
How to govern ourselves, how to relate to each other, how to communicate.
These are all technical problems, and can be solved.
But first must come the realisation that we must all co-operate, or die.
That message has not yet fully come across, and in all probability when it does, for most of us, it will be too late. Sad, but true.
These violent street gangs you speak of won't be around for long, they will starve or freeze to death and they will get no sympathy from others.
I know, i was brought up among street gangs, they won't make it.
You think people won't fight to protect their farms? They will, and they will be well fed & organized, the gangs may overrun a camp here & there, but the majority will prevail.
And i daresay justice will be swift & brutal if someone wanted to do some raping & pillaging.
You think i'm one of those intellectuals who think it will be all roses?
No, i think it will be more like 'Mad Max" out there.
I have survived being shot, stabbed punched & kicked, i have witnessed the most brutal side of human nature, i have been forced at times, to brutality myself.
I have had tons of weapons training, i am also a Shao-Lin kung fu adept.
Am i prepared? Hardly, but i'm working on it. I will fight to the death to protect my family & my neighbour, & he will do the same for me, so that's the best we can hope for.

'If their plan was so awesome, why is it just coming out now where we are at the end of times (arguably)? It's just a pig with lipstick on it is all. They haven't covered any of the psychological or sociological aspects of implementing a community like this at all. It's an awesome thought, but nothing more. '

Zeitgeist has been around for years, where have you been?

'When you explain to me how you are going to address the 2.2 million people already in prison (that is just the U.S alone) that are further deteriorating in violence, crime, and the long term psychological ramifications of the world they live in, plus the drug problem that is at an all time high epidemic, and get these folks turned around in "just" 10 years, then maybe I will listen. '

I am not accountable for the U.S.-Luckily, i don't live there

As i said above, criminals will no longer have the luxury of 'rights' or a smart lawyer. If someone rapes my daughter, i would castrate him with a blunt instrument, wouldn't you?

'When you don't talk about these things at all, and think you are just going to change people, and they are going to come along and play nice about the whole thing, then you are a candidate for a bridge I want to sell you. We can't even get people to stop killing each other over who's God is right, and you think they are going to sit back and listen to your solution? Did they discuss how they are going to get all the religions to play nice? Did they discuss what happens to the people who decide this isn't for them? '

No, i can't change people, but they will change of their own accord, just like i changed myself. I have respect for all fellow men & i offer a helping hand whenever i can.
Thankfully, there are millions like me who (via the internet) have begun talking to each other, directly, without the influence of MSM, the government, or religion.
We have begun to see each other as people like us, who don't want any more killing, no matter what our leaders keep telling us. We are becoming a self-aware hive mind, if you will, call it synergy or spiritualism or whatever.
(remember, i don't believe in 'isms').
In any case, we are learning to get along, without the coercion & interference from our 'leaders'. Quite frankly, the role of governments & leaders is becoming more & more obscure, & people are starting to realise this.

'Of course, unless this is a NWO and a NWR that needs to happen first...good luck my friend. '

Yes, it WILL be a New World Order, one born of a collective need to survive, but not only survive but flourish because we will have PEACE.
This is not the NWO that they have in mind, that plan is already falling apart, that's why they are pushing the plan forward.

'Then again, I think you said it all right here "i don't care what the other 5 billion get up to.." That is why you are part of the problem '

Sorry, my apoligies, i will rephrase that last one;

"Much as i would like to, i would gladly help the 5 billion that are about to get whacked, but unless they see the problem themselves, there's not much i can do to help"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join