It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EVP Question:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Years ago (I was probably 17) I left my cell phone in the basement of a friends house to “catch EVP’s”… Thinking nothing would come of it.. when we listened, we heard “Hey, the _____’s here… I thought it said reaper… But my friend disagreed any way I lost the phone & the recording in a house fire a few years back, and no longer have access to the house where the recording took place…

My main question here is.. when using a cell phone to record (the record program on there) could it possible pull from other sources?? Ex: I can sometimes hear my neighbors conversation threw the monitor in my daughters room… I started thinking about doing this again, because some weird things have been happening at my house (Doors opening that were locked, Things moving from their location stuff like that)…. And I am looking into what kind of equipment is best…

-Thanks!!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
It's definitely possible that you caught some interference, although it wouldn't be too likely on a newer phone.

Either way, I'm sure that you and your friend had a good scare listening back!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Britx

The spirits are using the device as a antenna and are imprinting electrically upon the recording devices via a form of radio frequency interference.
The same way in which the ghost box, which is in essence an AM radio picks up spirit voices.

The neighbors scenario is most likely audible interference and why you can hear it on the baby monitor unless your neighbors are conversing using radio frequency devices such as walkie talkies for example.

PEACE

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
What specific kind of phone was it and what kind of program were you using? This information may be useful in answering your question.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by trollz

Thanks for the input guys!! It was a very an old boost mobile
I cant even find a picture of it to show you.. But this was in atleast 2005 if not 2006….

~Brit

& it was whatever recorder that was on the phone....

edit on 27/9/2011 by Britx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Ok, so I am setting up my recorder now. I am just turning my recorder on my computer. Is it better to sit and ask questions or should I just let it record?

**Also, This morning... The dog stood at the top or the steps that lead into my room, and started growling and barking... when i finally got him to go down and explore with me, all he did was sniff everything, the air, my clothes, the bed, the couch... he inspected everything he could.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britx
Ok, so I am setting up my recorder now. I am just turning my recorder on my computer. Is it better to sit and ask questions or should I just let it record?

**Also, This morning... The dog stood at the top or the steps that lead into my room, and started growling and barking... when i finally got him to go down and explore with me, all he did was sniff everything, the air, my clothes, the bed, the couch... he inspected everything he could.

Ask questions,wait a minute or so,then ask another. That's what I did. And I caught some stuff. ...no offense,but that's what dogs do,nothing strange there.

top topics

join