It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Benjamin Smythe, the unknown angel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I've stumbled upon this extraordinary person while surfing the net some time ago and just wanted to share this discovery.

Many things he says are VERY profound. If someday you feel a little depressed, listen to him. He'll probably put back a smile on your face:
youtube.com/benjaminsmythe

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Still watching, and enjoying this much more than anticipated. Thank you!
Favorite quotes so far:
"Everything passes through except for you."
"The space in which it all happens doesn't move at all."

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by D1ss1dent

Thank you for this, looks very interesting. I like the way his face flushes when he talks and smiles. He groks. No time right now to go through the longer video, but I'm coming back to this one, thanks again. S&F!

NAM

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by D1ss1dent
"Many things he says are VERY profound."

Absolutely, that was extremely authentic. Thanks much for the post OP, lovely.
I think by now there's like a hundred favorite quotes I can't exactly remember from the 34 min vid.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Beautiful! Thank you! Love it when he said...I asked God and nothing happened..and then everything was answered! At the point a person gets to when he/she ask the questions....is when they will start to pick up on the answers.

It truly brought a smile and a tear to me!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by blazenresearcher

He said: "...and very sincerely whispered 'God'... and nothing happened... and (then) everything answered... And it's still answering.".

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Don't forget his youtube channel:
youtube.com/benjaminsmythe

edit on 27-9-2011 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
This person is one of the only authentic "enlightened" people I've encountered. I've noticed that they (the very few who are real) always seem to have a fundamental argument, and sit on it, like a rock, and that it's the source of a great deal of ecstatic humor for them, which other's, in their feeble and ignorant attempt to understand them can't seem to "get", which tends to make them only laugh all the harder, to the chagrin, and even the personal insult, of those making the inquiry, from the frame of what they already think they already presume to know.

He's got this argument, and it's a very powerful one.

His "teaching" reminds me of the saying of Carl Jung, that every religion in the world is merely a defence AGAINST having an authentic spiritual experience!

edit on 28-9-2011 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Found this surfing his Youtube channel

Personally I believe that this "model making" ability is the very gift of God, gift of life, which is, by it's very nature, to be real, and to be an actual GIFT, radically free.

So as a "gnostic evolutionary Christian mystic" I am forced to agree wholheartedly with his argument, as I am Adi Da's argument (to follow)

"Therefore be ye perfect, even as your father in heaven is perfect."

"The wind blows where it pleases, and you don't know from whence it comes or wither it goes. So it is for all who are born of the spirit."

It is said that you will know a person by their fruits.

Whoever comes along and unties the contraints of the ties that bind us, he comes in the name of the Lord, imho. How's that, you may ask?

Love. To be real, and authentic, it must be unconditional, and free. Otherwise it's not love, and imo, love is the first/last cause of existence itself, for the sake of personal and mutually shared experience, if for no other reason than that it's better for there to be something, and not nothing (how boring).

edit on 28-9-2011 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Here's a good one!

Be Yourself!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
He's totally going to do the redhead for a week... just sayin.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by akiros
He's totally going to do the redhead for a week... just sayin.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Im glad someone appreciates my humor
but good videos, fo real. S&F

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
P.S. I've noticed a serious deteriorization of Benjamin Smythe in his latter videos, when he strarts assuming the role of a "big nothing" Buddhist wiseman. I think he went and fell into the abyss and lost his sense of mirth and humor, making the same damn mistakes these guys ALWAYS make, it's absurd. If he doesn't get back his humorous, natural self, then I'm afraid I'm forced to go thumbs down on him, but the jury's out, perhaps he might "get" something about the nature of say Christian love, and have his humor restored. We should never zero ourselves out, it's niether healthy, nor appropriate. If we end up with that "hollow look" and lose our passion, and our self expression, we're #ed. I fear for him now, I think he's going insane, and losing the integrity of his own unique personhood in his big nothingness. There is no nothing, and the hand that lifts us from the pit is a hand of loving mirthful joy and happiness.

In other words, he'd better screw the redred and forget about being "enlightened" at all. There's still hope for him, but I'm worried, honestly. There's a "look" he's getting (I think he's talking post Sazzen or whatever they call it), and I find it disturbing, and at complete odds with the persona and "beingness" he projects at every other time. It's almost creepy imho.

I wish him well though. Good guy. Just might be starting to take himself to seriously in the role of big nothing.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

It is not possible to forget being enlightened, enlightenment is the natural state. When this state has been realized there is no turning back and Ben totally gets it. His way of seeing the world may look insane to you because the 'normal' way of viewing the world is the insanity.
I find it strange that you initally big him up and then in your last post you put him down. You say you fear for him, that he has fallen into the abyss and is making the same mistakes 'these guys' always make.
Maybe 'these guys' know the truth, but you can't see it yet.

Namaste.

top topics

join