It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does this constitute 'Humanitarian Aid' ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
This is what the banksters take over of everything that was once good looks like first hand. Absolutely sickening.

I don't care what your political slant is, this is just wrong on all accounts. The mainstream media continues to spread it's lies about Ghadafi while children have to bare witness to this. Put yourself in their shoes for a moment.

edit on 27-9-2011 by Namaste1001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
That had to have been terrifying.

I have no excuses. I'm ashamed my tax dollars are paying for any type of intervention in Libya. Quadaffi may not have been someone I'd have over for Christmas dinner, but I don't think he was the monster he has been claimed to be. Libyans had the highest standard of living in Africa, and now they are set to be ruled by Islamists.

Good job J.O. Obama.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Yeah, I guess 'Boots on the ground' doesn't really matter when you can have 'Death from above'.

This is in no way 'Humanitarian'. It is absolute murder of innocent people.

And Obama smiles on....

edit on 27-9-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
but I don't think he was the monster he has been claimed to be.

I wouldn't be so sure.

Source

At the beginning of September, 1969, a 27-year-old Gaddafi successfully staged a military coup against King Idris, while the King was out of the country. Immediately he abolished the monarchy, expelled most foreigners, and established the anti-Western Libyan Arab Republic. Gaddafi wanted to be a Che Guevara of sorts, and thus allowed any rogue group who declared themselves anti-imperialist (even if they were simply terrorists) safe haven in Libya, and access to weapons and financial backing. These groups included the IRA, Palestinian Black September (responsible for the 1972 Munich Olympic massacre), and those behind the Pan Am Flight 103 bombing, which killed 270 people. Libya finally took responsibility for the bombing in 2003 with a remorseless letter to the United Nations.

In 1977, Gaddafi changed the structure of Libya from a republic to a "jamahiriya"—a "government by the masses" that was at least in theory a democracy. The reality was much different of course, and Gaddafi began exhibiting some of the eccentricities that come with megalomania. For instance, he loved wearing animal skins and furs, started wearing garish sunglasses wherever he went, and was attended to by his "Amazonian Guard," a group of virgin females highly-trained with weapons and martial arts, each hand-picked by Gaddafi.

Beyond the use of violence to intimidate Libyans, Gaddafi has been responsible for severely stunting Libya's economy. His belligerence towards the West and stubborn refusal to extradite wanted terrorists earned his country years of UN economic sanctions. The United States' response was to ban imports of Libyan oil, effectively removing the biggest market for Libya's most valuable export from the equation.

By the eighties, Gaddafi began using brutal violence to silence any criticism of his regime. He not only quelled any opposition sentiment at home with violence, he did so abroad as well. Gaddafi arranged squads to seek out Libyan dissidents domestically and in other countries (mostly Italy) and systematically murder them.

And now, as Libyans have risen against their autocrat, reports are coming in that peaceful protesters are being fired on by Gaddafi forces. Deaths are somewhere in the hundreds, though confirmed information coming out of the country is sparse. Gaddafi has stated that he will "fight to the last drop of blood" and the "last bullet", showing that his only concern is for his power, and not his country.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DorianSoran

Can't see any reference on the link you provided.

Canadian news reports the finding of a mass grave of 1270 bodies next to Abu Salim prison in Tripoli. link to pics and article

Regardless of how evil or demented the man might be, what the hell is the reason for using such an evil and demented type of bomb in a populated area? I am so "/$% sick of the excuse of this type of "collateral damage" thinking!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Namaste1001

Lies about Ghadaffi?

ATS Thread - Mass graves located - 1,700 dead

To argue Ghadaffi is an angel, or attempting to lay the blame on NATO or the rebels is naieve.

Do we have anything to coroborate that the video is what it says it is? The use of blind sources / videos seems to be coming more and more prevailent on this site.
edit on 27-9-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DorianSoran

What he did forty years ago when he first came to power concerns me much less than how he was acting just before the invasion. He settled right down after Reagan bombed his tents, and it was just a few years ago that he voluntarily gave up all of his aspirations for nukes. D-head or not, he was someone we could deal with. Believe me, I have no love for the guy whatsoever; but as far as dictators go, he didn't do too bad a job by the majority of the people in Libya - his main concern - and he was transforming Libya from a pariah state into a somewhat respectable member of the world community.

Now look what we have to deal with: the NTC is rife with terrorists and jihadists of the worst kind, and the Muslim Brotherhood is poised to take control. Watch a hard-line Islamist state rise from Libya's ashes. How is that good for anyone, especially Libyans?

edit on 9/27/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join