It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent Severe Geomagnetic Storm and CME - No Large Earthquakes!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Who among us is surprised by this? There was a lot of talk on here during this geomagnetic storm and the effects it could have on our power grid and such, but mainly I want to point out that according to USGS there have been no major earthquakes during this period of high activity, which is now subsiding.

Many try to link these solar storms with large earthquakes. Well, here is one example against that hypothesis, and I believe it to be a good one.

For some cool aurora photos and info on the recent geomagnetic storm visit Space Weather.com.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Recent Severe Geomagnetic Storm

severe?

that was a wooshh ,, from the fist, passing by, our ,,

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
no large earthquakes yet! be patient!! one will come soon. 7+ im thinking!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
Recent Severe Geomagnetic Storm

severe?

that was a wooshh ,, from the fist, passing by, our ,,

I'm not sure I understand your use of commas but, this from spaceweather.com front page:

SUBSIDING STORM: A severe geomagnetic storm (Kp=7-8) that began yesterday when a CME hit Earth's magnetic field is subsiding. At the peak of the disturbance, auroras were sighted around both poles and in more than five US states including Michigan, New York, South Dakota, Maine, and Minnesota:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Okay, i don't honestly think, that the big one is comming, because i think it might already, be the 28th, someplace on our , flat earth.
I understand comma fully.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissCoyote
Okay, i don't honestly think, that the big one is comming, because i think it might already, be the 28th, someplace on our , flat earth.

Sorry, but you really don't...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Its a new thing called morse comma havent you heard. I makes life much more interesting especially since humans like myself can't possibly grasp timezones. and Just for the record thumbs up if you think the world is flat.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

no ya don't

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Interesting how a thread about solar storms being linked to earthquakes turns into a discussion about commas.

It's like telling a friend a story you think is cool and then they just ignore it and start talking about another topic entirely.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
This is one of the weakest threads I have read in a while... Just a couple people arguing over something like a comma. Lets try to stick to facts and new sources of info.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by fishman1985
This is one of the weakest threads I have read in a while... Just a couple people arguing over something like a comma. Lets try to stick to facts and new sources of info.

If there was a eq, the thread would be much livelier (is that a word? In English? seems strange).

Anyway I also expected a big one, but thank God..nothing.

So we can put the issue of geomagnetic storms and earthquakes aside.

Next!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by notsosunny

You are absolutely correct. Were I to have made this thread even about a mag 5 happening during this storm, there would be all manner of speculation. And likely multiple flags. This denying of ignorance is not what people want to see.

top topics

join