It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank you ATS for making me a NON-believer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
i got introduced to ats a couple of years ago, i think. i was a believer in the sense that i always believed that there was ought to be MORE. more to the story, more to this life, more to what "they" tell us, more than what we think we know, more in life of a different taste than what we are served in the "traditional" society. more. i was not a believer in prophecies and such but i was definitely intrigued by them. when somebody talked about them greys and aliens and pledians and what all, i listened intently. when somebody turned on the tv with a documentary about nibiru and nostradamus and this conspiracy and that one, i always wondered. and all of it made me believe there was more. i believed in god. i believed that there was more beyond this journey. more. more. more....

but havin spent these 2 yrs or so with y'all i can firmly say that now I am a non-believer. that ain't a bad thing, really. i have seen -- as have y'all too, im sure-- folks keep talkin about this date and that date, and how this will happen on such an alignment, and how elenin this and nibiru that. when i first came to this site, i was like - oh wow.... and then the date comes and goes. and obviously nothin ever happens. ever. these damn fools cant predict anything other than they're gonna wake up tomorrow and still be fools. not all conspiracy theorists are like that - yes, true. but i'm not blaming them all. i'm just sayin that i don't believe in any prophecies now. any dreams. any predictions. any alignments. any nibirus or aliens or ELevents. don't believe in god either now. now, ATS is not to blame for that. personal problems, but over the course of 2 years i think i have seen my fair share of christian loons here. (heh, don't take offense, i was one too) i have seen discussions with atheists and agnostics. and the arguments of the latter breed made more sense to me than the theists.

my point is....i think the greatest conspiracy is that there is no conspiracy. none. nil. zilch. zero. cero. ain't there some quote that the simplest explanation is the most correct one? well, ain't nothin simpler than this. there is nothin "more."

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JackD

my point is....i think the greatest conspiracy is that there is no conspiracy. none. nil. zilch. zero. cero. ain't there some quote that the simplest explanation is the most correct one? well, ain't nothin simpler than this. there is nothin "more."

No. the 'greatest conspiracy' was the trick that caused you to believe what you have posted there. People are conspiring right at this very moment to cause you to not believe in conspiracies.

Gotta love the recursion.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
i agree with you
most of the stuff on here is utter garbage
not every little thing that happens is part of some grand tptb plan
chit just happens

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Exacly

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by JackD

so you think there is no conspiracy behind 9/11?
the jfk assassination?
area 51?

so everything has a straightforward explanation?
methinks your wrong there

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SecretKnowledge
reply to post by JackD

so you think there is no conspiracy behind 9/11?
the jfk assassination?
area 51?

so everything has a straightforward explanation?
methinks your wrong there

Methinks you are right in what you have said above. I also think that on ATS (the conspiracy theories) are 50/50.... many are true....many are not.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I love it when they want "proof" on just about every single thing discussed here. That proof never amounts to anything. When you step back and look at the big picture with some common sense, you realize none of the major conpiracies make any sense.

space aliens with massive underground bases, a brown dwarf passing by and flipping earth every which way, TPTB and their massive fail at population reduction and one world government with help from the aliens.

For those of you who have seen those before and after maps of ocean levels in america after all is said and done. You'll be quick to realize much of the west in gone is all those maps. It makes no sense to waste time and resources building such a massive underground network of bases when its all gonna be destroyed when nabooboo passes by and the earths crust starts moving. I think aliens are a bit smarter than this.

Nibiru seems the be the grand daddy event of them all, massive loss of life in the billions, land splitting apart, mountains falling and being created continents shifting to the east, west, north, and south. the entire earth and the way it looks will be changed...all in a matter of days! Yet our Masters are going to come out of their underground bunkers when its over and rule over the rest of mankind. I'm sorry, but anyone smart enough to control the world behind the scenes is smart enough to know a bunker no matter how deep is not going to save them, in fact a bunker underground is the last place I would want to be.

OP, I suggest you google the Ra material (law of one) and maybe even "hiddenhand" here on ATS. Both say the same thing about what is coming, and it sure isn't a brown drawf.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by JackD

Oh dear, is this a rant or an introduction? I hear what you are saying, but why did you join ATS if that is your point of view? Why did you let the false stuff turn you into a complete non-believer?

Here, let me help you out a bit, let's begin with prophecies and the like, in the first place a person that can see the future, that is true and good, these people themselves will tell you, that they don't ever receive dates. What they get are glimpses/images into the future, there's nowhere that, that a date will come up like on a screen. All they can do is make guesstimates, and that's what they try to do, but they will also tell you, that, that date can be completely off. All they can do is take a look at what they are seeing, and try to figure out when.

The other thing about prophecies that you need to keep in mind, is that it's not written in stone, one person, by changing his/her mind can change a whole string of events which might just change an event that someone who can see the future, predicted. That is just how these things work. You know what I do? Similar to a file 13, I've made myself a file 14, file 14 are where files go that are not to be destroyed or lost, simply, "I'll get back to you upon further information or evidence". So I file prophecies into file 14, and know and understand, that, that could all change. You might see it as a back-door for them, but that is truly how things work, nothing is set in stone.

For example, let's take Eli, someone predicted that Eli would have XYZ effects, but now something changes that, and Eli breaks up (if she did, I just don't think she ever had the kind of power everybody attributed to her I'm just trying to use an example here) So now Eli has broken up, and now the events that were predicted, are null and void. Had she not broken up, they could very well still have happened, but things changed, because even though she's a rock, her "event" was not set in rock.

On to conspiracies;

ATS is not here for you to just believe everything, at ATS you have thousands of people, who have opinions, they find something they throw it out there and everybody discusses it, and try to figure out, whether or not his opinion is correct or unfounded. At the end of the day, it's up to you what you decide to believe or not. Many people are able to back up their theories, quite successfully, others get thrown to the wind. You know what I experienced the most at ATS? I have grown in leaps and bounds, I have learned massive amount of stuff, things I was never interested in, now I am, ATS is a great place to educate yourself, by doing research. Post a proper thread, and do the research, and see just how much work goes into posting a decent thread with back up links to help prove your opinion. Doing all of this, shows people tons of things, some people are able to show people on the other side of the world, events that are happening where they are, that are not being reported on. ATS is a great place to find out what's happening in the world, what sites and information sources can be trusted and so forth.

I don't think you should ever have allowed yourself to get swept up by opinions and not applied critical thinking. Do you honestly think that you should be blaming ATS?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
We are Rigel4......... We offer Greetings,
and then i was like Meh!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackD

don't believe in god either now. now, ATS is not to blame for that. personal problems, but over the course of 2 years i think i have seen my fair share of christian loons here. (heh, don't take offense, i was one too) i have seen discussions with atheists and agnostics. and the arguments of the latter breed made more sense to me than the theists.

You think and you move your body. Other than these two, all the world around you down to the growth of your hair is not produced by you. If you step back and clear the content of the world away from these two abilities you possess, you can take a look out across the world and know your place. Pride will deceive you into the thought that you control the vast world around you. This is not the reality of existence. The reality is that you are given the ability to control the world around you. These choices can lead two directions.

If you take from the world, then suffering is the result. Pride takes. Take a cigarette into your lungs (reward) and suffering follows. If you give to the world, then reward follows the suffering required to give. Suffer an education and you get the reward of a good job. Suffer a car loan and you get transportation. The trick is in knowing where the true reward is located on each side of suffering.

TAKE----REWARD---> | Suffering |--------GIVE-------> REWARD

Suffering is in the middle of any choice we make. Suffering will happen, even if we think we can run from God in our pride. If you approach suffering from the left, this direction will always produce a debt from taking reward. If you approach suffering from the right by giving, what you give returns the reward as payment. The Christian walk is about doing unto others and not doing to others. There is only one kind of suffering that is promoted as coming from God. Suffering for others represents the law of love directly from God. Taking reward that ends in suffering is a direct result of pride. Genesis 3 is the story of man taking His reward (Fruit of knowledge) from God. God gives this knowledge. By taking it, a debt of sin is created. We each make this choice each day of life.

I suspect from your writing style that you are young. It is your choice to walk apart from God. Just remember that toil is the result if you walk on your own by taking the reward from God. God is in charge of developing our faith. If you are a prodigal son, your true Father will continually stand with you as you suffer. By staying in the family in faith, God rewards your work and struggle in life with true reward. It's all in the way you give to others. God is one of the others.

When a person walks away from God, they are walking toward the rewards that seem easiest to obtain. Now, go back to the original paragraph. You do two things in this life. You think and you move. Nothing else is produced by you. Pride says the self knows all. This is simply not the truth until a life is lived and we are face to face with God.

edit on 27-9-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

You said God over 10 times in one post... Can't pull out a post like that, especially when it hardly has anything to do with the subject of the thread. In all honesty your post was condescending to anyone and everyone who is not a religious nut like you, rethink your statements please.

Back on subject, you can't just completely stop believing in "conspiracy" theories, because a website has given you misleading information over and over. Unfortunately, no one really knows whats going to happen, no one can see into the future, people just have a great imagination and in their insanity they can convince themselves that these "visions" are reality, or will be reality.

I mean the world was suppose to take a massive turn for the worst today, based of all the previous posts from ATS that I have been reading over the last couple of weeks, and once again the world has made it through this great vision! No one knows whats going to happen, but the point of ATS is for people to realize that the bull# they are fed on a daily basis is just not going to fly anymore. People have become more intelligent, and taking the standard, " the government has everything under control, and you can trust the government", is just not happening anymore.

Something has to change in a world that is designed to make the rich richer, and the poor poorer, and where half the world is starving and the other half is obese. I mean the whole system is completely broken in so many ways, you have to expect that cover ups have taken place on many occasions.

I admit that the posts on here can get a little out of control, especially with the amount of alien posts, and World ending disaster theories. The truth is a lot of the information that spreads through the internet is someones opinion, or perhaps what they believe to be the truth based off the information they have been able to acquire.

In other words, don't just visit this site and read posts from people, go out there and do your own research and make your own posts. It doesn't have to be about aliens or underground bases, or UFO's, it can simply be about how broken our political system is, or Government scams and secrets. Hell you can tell us how your day is going, and what type of music you like... someone out there will read it, and most likely respond.

Just don't lose your faith man...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

I'll agree that not everything is a conspiracy BUT not everything is as it seems either. So now, you're a skeptic. Good thing there is room for skeptics here at ATS as well. This new stance of yours should make your stay here a bit more interesting and complicated.

If you choose to debate with others who still believe in those things you no longer do you'll now have to provide your proof and evidence to the contrary.

It's a good thing that ATS also has much more to offer than just those few examples you mentioned.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   

i got introduced to ats a couple of years ago, i think. i was a believer in the sense that i always believed that there was ought to be MORE. more to the story, more to this life, more to what "they" tell us, more than what we think we know, more in life of a different taste than what we are served in the "traditional" society. more. i was not a believer in prophecies and such but i was definitely intrigued by them. when somebody talked about them greys and aliens and pledians and what all, i listened intently. when somebody turned on the tv with a documentary about nibiru and nostradamus and this conspiracy and that one, i always wondered. and all of it made me believe there was more. i believed in god. i believed that there was more beyond this journey. more. more. more....

but havin spent these 2 yrs or so with y'all i can firmly say that now I am a non-believer. that ain't a bad thing, really. i have seen -- as have y'all too, im sure-- folks keep talkin about this date and that date, and how this will happen on such an alignment, and how elenin this and nibiru that. when i first came to this site, i was like - oh wow.... and then the date comes and goes. and obviously nothin ever happens. ever. these damn fools cant predict anything other than they're gonna wake up tomorrow and still be fools. not all conspiracy theorists are like that - yes, true. but i'm not blaming them all. i'm just sayin that i don't believe in any prophecies now. any dreams. any predictions. any alignments. any nibirus or aliens or ELevents. don't believe in god either now. now, ATS is not to blame for that. personal problems, but over the course of 2 years i think i have seen my fair share of christian loons here. (heh, don't take offense, i was one too) i have seen discussions with atheists and agnostics. and the arguments of the latter breed made more sense to me than the theists.

Um... k.

So the fact that people continually make wrong "predictions" about events means those events aren't going to happen. ANNNDD that also somehow means aliens don't exist.

Furthermore, a bunch of specks on planet earth being nutcases about god proves that you, another speck, have proven that god doesn't exist.

Yep, totally sane and sensible.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by JackD

Two years of research on a web page out of 3,000+ years of history and you have come to the conclusion that there is nothing to believe in. That is quite a quantum leap of awareness Jack. I use the information on this website to help back up my own findings and experiences....The research ultimately has to be your own, it is your path and no one elses. No one is asking you to 'believe' because so and so said something, that is not what it is all about. I am not typing to defend ATS as I have only been here a day or so but I am typing based upon an individuals search for Truth which has been going on long before any website ever existed.
It's like panning for gold, alot of mud, dirt and rocks but a few golden nuggets that make it all worthwhile.

Best of luck whatever you do..... but those doors you are intending on closing? It isn't easily done....but you have to find that out for yourself.

new topics

top topics

join