It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheap effective last minute weapons for close quarter self defence?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
The best all-around weapon for home self-defense is a little league aluminum bat.

Fake to the head, go for the knees elbows, arms, or hands.

It won't accidentally go off...doesn't need cleaning...and is fairly harmless if a
child finds it.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo
defence is spelled defenSe.

Really tired of seeing the ignorant ones here spell things incorrectly. Thought this site was supposed to deny ignorance.

Go away dumb-dumbs!

ahh..excuse me Mr Very Worldly...sorry to burst your bubble but in a lot of ENGLISH speaking countries e.g. particularly those that are part of the (somewhat diminished as it is) British Empire ..DEEEEEEfeyenSe as you like to make us puke to...is actually pronounced and spelt Defence..also ""Aluminum"", is actually spelt aluminIUm in countries that speak English without the need for subtitles so the rest of the world understands what you're saying...you don't say Titanum or magnesum do you?...i fondly remember a chap in Los Angeles who the operator accidently connected me with (right name..wrong guy)...as i started to apologise for bothering him with a wrong number he suddenly and very angrily bellowed.."RRR YOOOO speeeeaking EYNGLISHHHH!?..i politely replied that seeing as i'm from England i quite possibly was speaking ENGLISH..he yelled something else so i (again politely) suggested he go and have sex with himself out on the freeway...he impolitely hung up. BTW..you ever live in Highland Park by any chance?
edit on 28-9-2011 by arbie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I know in the UK you would need to be very careful when dealing with an intruder.
My brother recently had a break-in on his street, and as such the police were round questioning all the neighbours. Now, my brother is not to be messed with, and I pity the fool that tries to break into his house, but he quizzed the officer as to what reasonable force could be used, and the answer was somewhat disheartening. Apparently if an intruder is in your living area (not the sleeping area) then the use of potentially deadly weapons is out, as in a courtroom setting it would be seen as a persons life versus material possessions. However, the police officer advised that if the intruder was in your familys sleeping area, then pretty much anythings fair game, as the likelihood of the intruder being just after possessions in this area of the house is minimal, and chances are they're looking to harm the occupants.
I suppose what im trying to say is, If your in the UK, and you happen to use a potentially deadly weapon on an intruder in your living area, be sure to drag them upstairs to your sleeping area before you finish them off!!!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
As a girl who isn't very big, I have found something simple helps in and out of home. Handbag with long strap, and either put a small bag full of coins in the bottom, or a billiard ball or pool bal, you can swing it, it looks like nothing and a long strap gives you reach. At home a long sock with something heavy in the bottom works too. Just practice a little swinging it around so you get the feel of the weight. And as for (mostly for ladies this tip) whenever you are attacked out of the house, instead of yelling rape or murder or help, yell fire.. people come out to watch a fire. People lock their doors if they hear help or rape.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I chose the 32 Oz Ball Pein hammer, without doubt.
www.walmart.com...

Aim for the;

Patella,
en.wikipedia.org...

Clavicle.
en.wikipedia.org...

Costae Fluitantes.
en.wikipedia.org...

Pubis. (Nr5)
upload.wikimedia.org...

I would not chose a knife since I would want to avoid bloodshed and the big risk of killing the person, when it can be just as effective to take out certain parts of the body.
There are many more soft parts as well, but they cause allot more damage.

edit on 28-9-2011 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ototheb85

"In the US I think most of you lot own pit-bull don’t you?"

Yea and everybody drives a pickup truck and swills Bud too right? That's a bit of a generalization isn't it? tsk tsk

Also, I forgot to add to my list... if I have the ability to get to the bag, I have an air-horn, and flare gun in there. I don't know for sure but have heard that last thing you want is to be shot by a flare as it will literally burn through you. Anyone know anything about that, myth or fact?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Personally I have a 70 lb compound bow in wardrobe,carbon arrows with razor Sharp 2 blade broadheads close by,bayonet in bedside table,assorted homemade blades / axes scattered around my home and sheds a slingshot that can fire small lead shot at enough velocity too kill rabbits @ 15 too 25 meters and my battle hardened fists ! So pitty the fool that enters my house uninvited!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
you guys serious? Gun... common sense I thought.

link   
reply to post by Gwampo

lol dumb dumbs? To each is own, let them post what they want, how they want... are u lost somewhere in northern Virgina? not sure where u are? Gezzz talk about dumb dumb

link   
I believe it is our God given right to defend ourselves and no government has the authority to put limits on it. The sad truth is government only backs up their power with threat of violence and imprisonment. No government wants their people to be able to defend themselves because that would mean they would then be able to defend themselves against said government.
As for this incident: If someone used deadly force to defend their home, I would love to be on the jury because I would make sure there is no conviction.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
These kinds of questions around here really don't make much sense. If you play around with chemicals and fire.. or any weapon without proper practice/training, you will most likely just hurt yourself.

For everyone, I recommend learning some kind of martial art, especially before resulting to weapons.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by IslandGirl
reply to post by ototheb85

"In the US I think most of you lot own pit-bull don’t you?"

Yea and everybody drives a pickup truck and swills Bud too right? That's a bit of a generalization isn't it? tsk tsk

Also, I forgot to add to my list... if I have the ability to get to the bag, I have an air-horn, and flare gun in there. I don't know for sure but have heard that last thing you want is to be shot by a flare as it will literally burn through you. Anyone know anything about that, myth or fact?

flare gun will work! lol! fire!

the idiot would freak! i love fire, or an 8 foot cobra.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

Wasp & hornet spray+lighter= poison flame thrower. enjoy.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Ok so your attacked middle of the night you need a weapon. Well i always keep a bottle of water next to my bed for witches a UV lamp for my fish tank for vampires

But in all realism if you were attacked at home and needed a fast weapon well anything will do.

That coffeee cup could maul someones face pretty bad if you hit them face first with it
Most people have heavy ornament sof some kind decorating their house a good hit to the head with that will put someone down

Leftover dishes grab a knife, if you don't have oen grab the other knife

attacked in yourt car? stick ya keys in between your finger and gouge their eyes out

Or as i often have done in the past grabbed the kangaroo jack handle and just broken limbs

Lets see attacked in the shower shove the cold water off and push your intruder into boiling hot water and burn the frack out of them

Ok i'm prepared and i'm a bit twisted

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SinkingSun
These kinds of questions around here really don't make much sense. If you play around with chemicals and fire.. or any weapon without proper practice/training, you will most likely just hurt yourself.

For everyone, I recommend learning some kind of martial art, especially before resulting to weapons.

i don't know but if you come off crazier than the idiot that breaks into your home with fire and snakes, i think he will leave, no problem.

fire has served man for almost 2 million years or more.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Before you go to bed, set your bear traps and set them by all the doors and windows.

Top tip: Don't spend lots of money of nicotine chewing gum. Just buy some regular gum and smoke a cig at the same time. Bingo.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
If someone breaks into your home while you are eating your dinner you have knife,fork,spoon, or put alittle tabasco sause on your fingers and go for the eyes. You have to be able to improvise you cant always have your weapon of choice strapped to your side at all times.I have a kubaton as a key chain for self defense if needed

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I found the posts here very amusing with my morning coffee. For my two cents the best defensive weapon a person can have is the weapon that quickly convinces the would be attacker it will be a losing battle and to back off rather than advance. With this in mind, the list is as follow: 1) A pump 20 ga shotgun 2) A large caliber pistol and if you are not able to obtain a firearm 3) Samari Sword or Machete. In all cases it is advised you know how to use whatever your choice or it is likely to be used on you. I do not advise any kind of spray because an attacker will tend to want to kick your ass if they are not stopped and sprays are a deterrent, not a stopper. Now, if you live in an apartment or share your home with others, I would be very careful about what kind of weapon(s) you have and would never allow anyone to know what you have.
edit on 28-9-2011 by MajorKarma because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by dex77
you guys serious? Gun... common sense I thought.

Ilegal in some parts of the world I think....?
Not all people are lucky enough to live in the U.S

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Mccw2003

Are you a chef?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join