It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheap effective last minute weapons for close quarter self defence?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Dylan201

Anything. Literally. A cast iron frying pan is surprisingly effective. As as virtually any aerosol spray to the eyes. CD cases are great thrown weapons with a little practice, keys do damage to necks, eyes and other tender spots, punches and kicks to the neck, elbows, knees and solar plexus can be devastating, stomping the instep of an attacker ends any fight -- even with a trained combat veteran -- in seconds, etc.

Everything you see is a potential weapon. That is because the real weapon is YOU, and everything else is just method and opportunity.

Of course, the absolute best weapon is not being in a situation where you need to use one.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Fox Molder

Nah man it's cool. Like I said the only reason I said anything is because if someone would need some for some unforeseen reason they might not have been able to find it if they wen't looking for Lumen-all.

I'm Cajun so I know how weird things get when you start mixing english and french. My great-grandmother spoke exclusively cajun french until I was 10.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
All these arguments are based on the simple fact that you would call police if someone was to attack you or enter your home. "you will be charged for using an access of force" Hell.....I would NEVER call the police if someone broke in to my home. Think about it !!! You can make the son of a biotch disappear and no one would report it for a long while or even miss the crook to begin with.

I pity the fool that enters my home, he'd never be found!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by netwarrior

Nah man it's cool. Like I said the only reason I said anything is because if someone would need some for some unforeseen reason they might not have been able to find it if they wen't looking for Lumen-all.

I'm Cajun so I know how weird things get when you start mixing english and french. My great-grandmother spoke exclusively cajun french until I was 10.

Awesome.
Cajun is a diminutive of Acadian...And they are just a little North East of me !

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

excellent - the ruger pistol is good as well and the new "charger" a 1022 pistol.
to silence use a pop bottle filled with wet brillo pads.
or a lawn sprinkle head filled with the green scrub pads.
best cheap firearms that would serve you well-
makarov pistol for @200
mosin nagant rifle @ 100
highpoint 9mm carbine.@200
h& r shotguns- single shot @ 100
and the new pump action.
the sks is good - they're up @300 now.
j& g in prescott az have a wide selection of ak 47s
if i had money i'd get a saiga auto shot gun.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

you can break in my home- your trouble will be getting back out-

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
if someone burst through my front door this moment, the first thing I would do is assess the nature of the threat, literally in seconds, I would swiftly turn around, get a quick glimpse, and either Run for the back door, or charge at the guy instantly going for a swift kick to the stomach to knock the wind out of him then a swift uppercut to the laranyx,

as for weapons, if he has a knife, I grab my hockey stick, it's shortened with no blade. perfect staff weapon.
i'm a master with weapons and fighting is like a second nature for me, ever since I was a kid.
if someone breaks into my house, i'm going to pick them apart slowly.

basically it's personal preference, you can grab a butter knife and still be successful in defending yourself but the likelihood these days is for them to be armed with a gun, so it is wise to have a good deterrent such as a gun yourself, or for us canadians, to just learn as many of the martial arts as possible and master a hockey stick.
edit on 27-9-2011 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by netwarrior

Originally posted by butcherguy

Wasp and Hornet Spray...
reply to post by Americanist

That stuff has a lot in common with nerve agents (chemically speaking).

At least that's what I've heard.

Organophosphate nerve agent. The difference is delivery method and quantity. Truth be told i'd rather have a can of Raid than pepper spray. A certain percentage of the population is immune to the effects of OC (oleoresin capsaicin) whereas nobody is immune to Raid. www.drugs.com...

Then again, it's a moot point because I don't go to the bathroom without a firearm in arm's reach, but I understand not everyone is as paranoid as moi.

edit on 27-9-2011 by netwarrior because: edited for linkee

Yes, a can of Raid will do.
And WOW, your avatar is a Mojave Green. Awesome.
Those kill about 2 or 3 people a year at Edwards AFB. They are mean and nasty.
Neuro and Hemo toxic! The only viper (beside it's cousin the Mojave red) in the USA that is like this.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Oh also, OP, take some time to study human anatomy, in case you get attacked when you don't have a weapon handy.

Jabbing your thumb or knuckles or an uppercut to an opponent's windpipe will drop ANYONE, no matter how big or strong they are. But be VERY CAREFUL with that, as it can easily be a fatal strike.

Other effective strikes: Jabbing your thumbs in the eyes, uppercut to the nose, or clap the palms of your hands hard on your opponents' ears (which shatters his eardrums). But again, these can all be fatal strikes so only use them when you have no other choice.

A good hard punch or kick right in the testicles will also stop anyone, no matter how big or strong. Can also be fatal.

A downwards kick right to the kneecap is also very effective, especially against bigger, taller opponents.

Your elbows are one of the hardest bones in your body, so elbow strikes to an opponent's face, nose, neck or windpipe are also very effective, when an opponent is in close range. Also palm strikes and knife-edge chops (the side of your hand opposite your thumb).

So in addition to arming yourself you should also practice these strikes regularly, just in case you get attacked suddenly and have no time to get a weapon out.

Hope this helps

edit on 27-9-2011 by cupocoffee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I have to agree with the fact you should think, deeply, about this before applying its uses. if ww3 happens, hell, go wild! but this isn't the case in todays world, don't go walking about with a knife, your just asking for trouble, and I guarentee you have not considered any weapon you have is a weapon someone else could use against you should they be skilled enough to respond, or sneak it away while your not paying attention. also the whole sas reverse stab yourself trick.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Anything and everything can be a potential weapon. A rolled up magazine, a remote control, a can of lima beans, an ink pen, a pencil, etc. your choice of weapons is only limited by your imagination.

You should rehearse what you would do well in advance of it ever actually happening. Discuss with your family how they should respond in such a situation. Decide who should stay and fight, who should run for cover and alert the police, what everyone should do if a household member is taken hostage, etc.

Remain vigilant both at home and in public. Most home invasions are not random. You have probably been under observation for a week or more prior to the crime. Keep your doors locked at all times, and Install a peep hole. Make sure all your windows are secured, install a driveway monitor, have a security room for a fall back position.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Cheap effective last minute weapons for close quarter self defence?

Right from the start there was something that bothers me about your question and I just now figured it out...

when it comes to defending your life and the lives of your loved ones... wouldn't it make more sense to forgo the cheap and get the best equipment and training available... even if that means extending your credit line a bit????

Well what do I know... maybe I just place a higher value on my family than do others???
edit on 27-9-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

Possibly the most sensable response so far.
Im in the uk so no legal guns and quite draconion reasonable force laws but there is such a thing as an incedental weapon which is any thing that has a reason for being around so think about it a little,if you are a carpenter you will have sharp stuff around,if you have just fixed your pluming thats why you have a large heavy spanner lying around,ect ect.
If you want a practical efficient close quarter fighting system try wing chun or its little brother krav magar both work well if you are up for the fight.Remember its not the man in the fight its the fight in the man.

As the spelling and grammer police are allready here,leave me alone im disslexic you have no idea how long its taken me to type all this.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Maybe the problem here is simply the choice of words. Rather than "Cheap" how about "Inexpensive"? The two words are not necessarily synonymous. Something can be inexpensive but quite useful for the purpose it was made for.

A good example would be the late manufacture Hi-Point firearms. They're inexpensive, extremely reliable,and well within the price range of even the poorest home defender.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by marvinthemartian

Naw. You're in danger of the Kung Fu police checking out your post. I am in a mood this morning so...

How did krav mcgraw become the little brother of Wing Chun? I take offense.

Wing Cun already has enough siblings; they are called, Bad Wing Chun, Lousy Wing Chun and Barely Wing Chun.

edit on 27-9-2011 by Frater210 because: Bwahahahah

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
cheap and effective:

1. bat
2 dog

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
For a home invasion scenario:
I have said it before,but a high powered torch,such as the new "CREE LED"types can dazzle a potential attacker long enough for you to get the advantage.
And one of my fave duel use items is the powder fire extinguisher,small size for home use.
Make sure to use the powder type-its for electrical fires,which everyone should own anyway IMO.
Aim for the eyes,and/or use as a kosh.

Both of the above are good for countries where you are not allowed guns etc..

If that does not give you the advantage to fight off your foe,go primitive-elbows,teeth,thumbs,nails.

edit on 27/9/2011 by Silcone Synapse because: added info.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
If that does not give you the advantage to fight off your foe,go primitive-elbows,teeth,thumbs,nails.

Yep.

Unarmed combat is probably the most useful of all, since attacks will usually come when you're not expecting them and you don't have time to get a weapon out...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I heard the electric carving knife is good for decapitating zombies at close range...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join