It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheap effective last minute weapons for close quarter self defence?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I don't have much call for incendiaries, but have played with AP rounds for 12 gauges. had to make my own, though. It involved slugs, a drill bit, and oil-hardened drill rod. believe it or not, you can crack an engine block with one, and a radiator hasn't got a prayer. It'll stop a vehicle nearly in it's tracks.

Self loads of Malaya Loads and grapeshot loads are other experimental endeavors. You can get them commercially, but not around here. Most "specialized" shotgun ammo (including the explosive "bird bombs") was banned at about the same time 37mm grenade launchers were. Well, not the launchers themselves, but any useable ammo for them.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
glock

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Someone posted a concern about ending up in court, and I agree whole heartedly. If you throw a bottle of lye, or some other chemical that was obviously prepared as a makeshift weapon, some clever prosecutor is going to argue that you, in fact had intent, ividenced by the fact that you prepared a weapon. If not intent, that you were looking for a fight. By sticking with standard weapons (gun, knife, oc, etc.) as long as it is legal in your jurisdiction, you can argue that you did indeed obtain it for personal protection, without looking like you were hoping to inflict massive damage. Or...Prepare a weapon that doesn't appear to have been intended to be a weapon, such as (just because you mentioned chemicals, which I would not use) bleach under your sink. I know thats a bad example, but im just trying to make a point. I personally, would just stay with weapons that were intended by the manufacturer to be a weapon.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by one_small_step

Ninjutsu, Bujutsu, Iaido, Kenjutsu, Split Second Survival

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Dylan201

An aluminum baseball bat. Lightweight, yet very destructive. Never runs out of ammo.

Personally though, that's only a backup for a real weapon (i.e. firearm).

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
unfortunatly your brain,,is now an incorrect responce.

sorry could not help it.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
A handfull of egg sized rocks,six family members fireing staggered rounds and I think you could blanket a close quarters area with lethal fire as fast as you could throw an egg.BAM.

Everyone should.Throw one at a watermelon from ten feet away and asses the damage,you will be surprised.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join