It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheap effective last minute weapons for close quarter self defence?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Whats an easy yet effective weapon you could use for self defence in close quarters, like to defend your home for example..

i was thinking of lye, you can put it in a bottle and just send it flying at the intruders face and burn them.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Wasp and Hornet Spray... Good for about 10 -20ft. Aim for the face. Back that up with a $10 machete or hammer.
edit on 27-9-2011 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Knife!
........or your other knife!!!

always have a ( or three)knife handy.. always.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Dylan201

I still like the squirt bottle of gasoline and a Bic lighter.

I have a red bandana that I hang around my neck as a last ditch weapon. I have it rolled up, like you would to tie around your head for a sweatband.... the ends have 3/4" lead balls knotted into them.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Knife or bat.

Start getting cute with chemicals or flamethrowers and you'll be hauled in front of a judge.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dylan201
i was thinking of lye, you can put it in a bottle and just send it flying at the intruders face and burn them.

Ineffective. The bottle would have to break. Think about it. If a bottle was flying toward you, what would you do? Bat it away. If it did manage to hit you it would not break against your skin. Instead, it would fall to the floor and, maybe, break there. Even if you did manage to get some lye on someone's skin, that would not incapacitate him. He's still dangerous and you've done nothing but anger him.

If you do not wish to physically engage at close quarters, your answer is a firearm. If you do want to engage, you have lots of choices from a baseball bat to knives.

But a bottle full of lye? I don't think so.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Wasp and Hornet Spray...
reply to post by Americanist

That stuff has a lot in common with nerve agents (chemically speaking).

At least that's what I've heard.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Knife or bat.

Start getting cute with chemicals or flamethrowers and you'll be hauled in front of a judge.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

The old adage.....

"Better to be tried by twelve than carried by six."

Anyway, you can be guiltless, but whack someone in the head with a baseball bat or stab them with a knife....

Chances are you will see the judge anyway.
edit on 27-9-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Op,

If you have to ask you are probably going to hurt yourself. I suggest that you find some way to practically educate yourself to the point where you do not have to ask a question like this. You can't learn this on a forum.

For you, the answer is your hands. Stay away from knives and such; you will just create a complicated and deadly mess.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

carb cleaner works good too.
i took a composite golf club, cut the head off, then slid a sharpened rod down it with a handle.
thats my cane that i stroll around with.
a sharpened 4 " cement trowel in my back pocket in case i need to do some free masonry.
i like shotguns. cheap. easy. common.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
brass knuckles (spiked)
one of those black jack sticks cops have
knife
bleach

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
dp
edit on 27-9-2011 by Gwampo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Hugs. Attack your attacker with hugs. That'll show em.

Do you live in Detroit or something? Get a deadbolt and a dog - you'll feel more secure.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I've kept a small aluminum bat before when I couldn't keep a gun. Never had to use it before. In reality anyone breaking into your house today in the United States will probably be armed with at least a knife and likely with a gun so running may be your best option if you can't arm yourself. Before I figured out how to get a gun on St. Croix I kept a machete handy at night. Again, never had to use it.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Why not make a homemade taser!!! alot of vids on youtube to make one of these just using the capacitors from a camera the more you use more power!!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
An 18" to 24" crowbar should do the trick. They can be picked up for a few dollars at Harbor Freight or similar discount tool stores. A heavy bladed knife like an old surplus kukri would also make a fine choice. The problem with chemical weapons is you will also be exposed to them when used in a confined space. You also don't want to use anything that squirts gas as you will probably just set your house on fire. Longer crowbars, baseball bats, golf clubs, swords, etc, are just too long to use in close quarters effectively. As another posted get some training in whatever you do end up choosing or you will just end up hurting yourself. Good luck and stay legal.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Wasp and Hornet Spray...

That stuff has a lot in common with nerve agents (chemically speaking).

At least that's what I've heard.

Organophosphate nerve agent. The difference is delivery method and quantity. Truth be told i'd rather have a can of Raid than pepper spray. A certain percentage of the population is immune to the effects of OC (oleoresin capsaicin) whereas nobody is immune to Raid. www.drugs.com...

Then again, it's a moot point because I don't go to the bathroom without a firearm in arm's reach, but I understand not everyone is as paranoid as moi.

edit on 27-9-2011 by netwarrior because: edited for linkee

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I agree with Frater. Never introduce a weapon into a fight that you are not trained to use (or at least well practiced). This weapon could be your death in the hands of the intruder(s). If you are fearful of this situation, perhaps you should get some training in unarmed self-defense. Sometimes it's better to just let them in, than it is to give them a knife, and then let them in... seriously.

If you can have a dog in your home, this will deter most intruders.
edit on 9/27/2011 by visualmiscreant because: added comment

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Cheap = brass knuckles. Not cheap but best weapon ever japanese katana. You want one made from a Very high carbon steel.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join