It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turn your loved ones ashes into a diamond

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
This is ever becoming more popular. Transforming your loved one's ashes into a sparkling diamond for keepsakes. I think it's a cool idea myself. Better than cremation or burial.

This is one company that claims it can turn your loved ones ashes into a nice sparkling gem.

I'd consider doing it. Maybe with a pet 1st.
Would you?

www.lifegem.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I think that is an awsome idea... A family passed on ring that was made with someones asses would be quite a thing to have as a reminder of a loved one. I give the idea a thumbs up.

Only thing I didnt look at was the price, and the actual process of makeing the carbon into a ring... I mean how much "other product" do they add to the "diamond". Either way, if you can aford it it sounds like a good idea.

SMR

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Hmmmmmm,,,,,,
I dont know what to say really.People do strange things to the dead and this is just another log on the fire.
I wonder.If you are skinny,say 140lbs,are you more likey to be say a 1/4 carrot than say a hefty 250lbs that turns into a 2 carrot ring?
That would lead to people saying,oooo,like the ring,he was fat huh!?

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Wouldnt that mean that you could sell your dead for money?

[edit on 8/26/2004 by SirKillallott]

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Yes yes, a friend of mine and myself were thinking of starting our own diamond business this way

Anyway we decided it would be kinda hard to sell diamonds that have come from human remains. DAMN YOU DeBeers!!!!

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Seems a bit pricey....

Great idea...but way overpriced....

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Why do diamonds go hand in hand with death?

-koji K.

SMR

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I think it is the 'precious gem' that attracts people.
But still,imagine trying to pawn something like that!And then forgetting about it and someone else buys it!
Someone of my size might be lucky to be made into a stud earing

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
i think its a stupid idea.....you might as well bury them because im sure they dont want to be sold or have any value so that theives would steal it......it seems disrespectful

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Gives a new meaning to "family jewels."

*Badam ching!*

Thank you! I'll be here all week. Try the veal.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedBalloon
Gives a new meaning to "family jewels."

*Badam ching!*

Thank you! I'll be here all week. Try the veal.

you could have a family ring with the jewels of your dead family on it. And you could carry them around with you

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Hmmm...that's kind've weird to me.
Makes me picture some old lady with a lot of jewelry on and telling someone...."Now this is cousin Eddy, this one is uncle Jerry, oh and this one is my Aunt Marta. I could only afford the one quarter carrot for her". LOL.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumptyDumpty
I think that is an awsome idea... A family passed on ring that was made with someones asses would be quite a thing to have as a reminder of a loved one. I give the idea a thumbs up.

heh you said asses

this seems really pricey, I dont think I'd do it.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
The possibilities are endless of what you could do with them but I am starting to think that it might not be a bad idea. A side from selling them and the cost, if I could afford it I might actually get it done. This way my son wouldn�t be able to get rid of me unless he sold me and at least I would know that he would be getting something out of it.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Ok that was my chuckle for the day!

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by elaine

Ok that was my chuckle for the day!

This might end up being a cause for ghosts. On second thought I think I take back what I said, I would rather not be a ghost haunting my son until he sells me

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I actually know a very wealthy familly that has this written into their will (although they are making a necklace I believe).

From what I have heard it is very expensive.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Not a bad idea. But I think I'de rather be burried (in a iced-out coffin instead).

Doesn't really sound like your respecting the dead if your wearing them, now that i think about it it's kinda creepy.

[edit on 26-8-2004 by Murcielago]

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
i would but only if i could get the matching cufflinks.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I guess it comes down to what your perceptions are to begin with. I hated going to my uncles and grandparents graves on Memorial Day. The thought of people I loved basically rotting in the ground was not very appealing. But this idea of creating something unique and one of a kind (like the person themselves) actually interests me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join