It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terra Nova

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Been keeping up with Terra nova, I wished the show would keep continuity a little better. All the main question seem to get pushed aside for some random murder. The last episode however did finally get around to answering some question.

At first I didn't like Terra Nova, the whole "earth is doomed and look what we have done!" Thing in the beginning just made me sigh painfully, thankful they pretty much dropped it after going back in time. The show keeps getting a little better each time I watch it, so I haven't given up in hopes of a killer ending to a so-so first season. I'm a sucker for cheezy sc-fi and drama.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
So what does everyone think about the explanation last night? I was pleasantly surprised that he explained so much, but now I am questioning why? Lying? Show not doing well? Bigger twist coming?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Hat tip to MrAndy for posting over in the Fringe thread, that Fox has canceled Terra Nova.

According to TV Line the show is being shopped to other networks. I really hope someone picks it up! I liked this show. www.tvline.com

OiO

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I fell behind and, as soon as I started reading that it was too costly to keep on tv, I deleted the shows i had saved and cancelled the season recording. No point getting invested in a show that won't make it past the first season.

Fringe is likely to be cancelled as well.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Thanks for letting me know! Figures though, every time I start watching a Sci Fi, it ends up getting cancelled.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
Thanks for letting me know! Figures though, every time I start watching a Sci Fi, it ends up getting cancelled.

They are shopping the show around to other networks, so the show still has a chance.

“Bad news guys, Terra Nova has been cancelled by Fox,” leading man Jason O’Mara tweeted late Monday. “We’re gonna try and get another network to do it. Stand by.”

www.tvline.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Could have been a great show - - had lots of potential.

The "dark" direction they chose to take it - - just didn't work for TV - IMO.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Muttley2012

I doubt if anyone will pick it up. It's very expensive to produce and it wasn't a hit on a major network so it's doubtful a smaller network or web service would want to spend the money to continue production.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

There is a rumor that Netflix will save terra nova.

www.imdb.com...

Honestly it was a good idea and i was hoping for a great show,but what i saw was another family drama,with some dinos in the background.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

the show supposedly costs around $4 million an episode. They promoted the hell out of it and it didn't work. There's no way it will be a money maker for netflix without a major budget cut and, honestly, the stars will jump as soon as their contracts expire because they aren't going to become famous and get juicier roles whilst stuck on netflix

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Yep, the above is exactly right. The lead guy was just in a movie anyhow, so no worries for him.

As for Fringe, yeah, we knew that was coming. It was a good run though, but what did they expect from it's suicidal time slot change?

I heard Alcatraz is getting the ax also...

Seems the Sci-Fi train has been derailed.

So, they'll probably bring out all new cop dramas and legal dramas next season...yay (not)

Oh well, at least that gives me time to go through Netflix and watch some decent shows I never got a chance to get caught up on...

I'm betting some of the fairy tale shows likely get the boot soon too..."Once Upon a Time" and "Grimm"...

"Secret Circle" will probably stay on for the Vamp Diaries and Supernatural crowd.... It's actually a pretty decent show (and really hot gals...
)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

As for Fringe, yeah, we knew that was coming. It was a good run though, but what did they expect from it's suicidal time slot change?

Fringe was a great show,but i feel that this season the writers are bored and they don't know how to deveop the story.It had some very good episodes and i hope that they will give it a good ending.

I heard Alcatraz is getting the ax also

Noooooooooooooooooooooo.I like it very much and i was hoping for a second season.

Secret Circle" will probably stay on for the Vamp Diaries and Supernatural crowd

I love Supernatural,but i don't want to see it get burned.The actors have signed for an 8th season.
CW has given the green light for a new season of both supernatural and vampire diaries,as they both are their hit shows.As for secret circle i watched a few episodes,can't say i liked it.

Seems the Sci-Fi train has been derailed.

I'm afraid that sci-fi shows are dead.They were discussing about a new star trek show,but i haven't heard anything new lately.I have a feeling that they create shows just for the 15year olds.

I would kill for a good sci-fi show.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

The problem with sci-fi shows is the production cost. You'd have to have a way to make the show cheap. Otherwise, the show has a limited amount of time to be profitable, and that's why so many get the axe, just as they are finding their audience.

Terra Nova is an excellent example of this at work.

At least with Star Trek, you have a built-in fanbase, but even the last couple of outings of that franchise tanked fairly quickly. Then again, they both kind of went away from the source material too.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Agreed.But if you have a good story and good actors you don't need expensive sets and effects.
Besides they take their money back from the commercials.I read somewhere that in certain shows they have to pay about $280.000 for 20 seconds of air time.

On a side note when they give 4 million dollars for one episode of "two and a half men",i think they can spare a few bucks for a decent sci-fi show.

At least with Star Trek, you have a built-in fanbase, but even the last couple of outings of that franchise tanked fairly quickly. Then again, they both kind of went away from the source material too

The original series was appreciated after it was cancelled,same thing happened with Enterprise.Yes if you have a fanbase it's easier for the show to get a headstart,but if the writers and the producers have a great idea and then don't know what to do with it,it's not the fan's problem.The sci-fi fans know what they want to see.You can't fool them with some special effects.
I mean same thing happened with SGU.They had the fanbase,they had an excellent idea and they had a huge spaceship.Every episode (with few exceptions) it was boring and instead of actually focusing on exploration and survival,they were dealing with the love affairs of the crew and the stupid plots of the civiliants vs miitary.
I mean give me a break.

Anyway sorry for the rant,but i go crazy with the excuses they make about badget problems.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

On a side note when they give 4 million dollars for one episode of "two and a half men",i think they can spare a few bucks for a decent sci-fi show.

Yes, but sitcoms appeal to a much larger demographic (and therefore can get bigger bucks for their commercial time). Same with cop shows...why do you think there are so many? Because they just like making them? No, it's all about the ad $$$.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
How the hell did they end up spending $5 mil an episode on that show? They hardly ever showed any dinosaurs and the weapons they used were painted over Nerf guns.

5 things you didn’t know about Nerf

Today's Nerf gun is tomorrow's TV prop.

Nerf guns sports seriously cool looks. So much so, in fact, that they've shown up as props in at least one big-budget TV show: alongside the dinosaurs and time-traveling shenanigans in last year's Terra Nova. Both altered and unaltered Nerf weapons were used as futuristic firearms in various episodes of the show, although the production team at least went to the trouble to paint the day-glo toys black. Perhaps they didn't want to startle the dinos.

Unplugged

Someone got rich off of that show and it wasn't the props or special effects guys.

edit on 3/22/12 by FortAnthem because:
_____________ extra DIV

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join