It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terra Nova

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Yeah, in most sci-fi, you have to kind of do a little suspension of dis-belief, or it will drive you nuts...

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
reply to post by FortAnthem

Hi FortAnthem!

While I was watching Terra Nova last night, I had a thought. Could you have seen a box set for the BBC show Primeval? Something about a scene from last night's episode reminded me of it.

When strange anomalies in time start to appear all over England, Professor Cutter and his team have to help track down and capture all sorts of dangerous prehistoric creatures from Earth's distant past. www.imdb.com...

The show has groups with hidden agendas, dinos & time travel. Just a thought!

OiO

No, I'm certain it was Terra Nova, a couple of seasons of it on DVD. I remember thinking it was wierd because I had just started seeing the adds for the upcoming show on TV and there they were on the shelves.

GODDAMN IT! Why didn't I pick up at lest one season when I saw them?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by Annee

Yeah, in most sci-fi, you have to kind of do a little suspension of dis-belief, or it will drive you nuts...

True. But the first flip-top cell phones were patterned after the flip-top communicators on Star Trek.

And the holodeck square pattern was used for . . . . something . . . . . can't remember.

Straight Sci-Fi would bore most people. If they don't keep a large general audience - - we Sci Fi fans get nothing.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Last episode was pretty good....there's talk about Terra Nova's purpose being something other than a new beginning.... That's interesting.

And of course, there's still the mystery of who is behind the Sixers, and how they have their connections to the future.

The one kid needs to give it up though, pining for a chick 85 million yrs in the future...when he's got a piece right there in his face...dude, wake up! You're a teen, it isn't true love dummy....

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Has anyone else noticed that the episodes are basically following a CSI theme? I've seen three episodes so far and except for the pilot they've all started with a mysterious death and then the rest of the episode is them trying to figure out what happened?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by IronFreak220

Interesting insight...but for that matter, you could apply that formula to almost every crime procedural, and even those similar but sci-fi, like Fringe...which starts the same way most of the time...or even Warehouse 13.

Strange death..investigate the cause, a couple of red herrings, and then the solution.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Last episode was pretty good....there's talk about Terra Nova's purpose being something other than a new beginning.... That's interesting.

I just kept thinking Andromeda Strain.

What I wish TPTB would do - - is run 2 series simultaneously Bi-Weekly.

I think quality could be kept higher if "they" only had to produce a show every 2 weeks - - instead of every week.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
So far, I really like this show. I'm really wanting to know more about the 6er's and kind of wish they would show "their side" once in a while.

I'm just hoping enough people are watching. I hate it when I get into a sci-fi and it gets cancelled. Happens too darn often!!!
edit on 18-10-2011 by chiefsmom because: sp

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Likely won't happen though. With the TV shooting schedule, it grants a good hiatus for the actors to work on other projects as well. Which works out good for the shows, if an actor makes a popular movie, for example...it's like free advertising and fans for the show.

Remember, when a show airs, there are likely at least 6 or more episodes "in the can", so the work is already done.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I saw the latest episode,and I like the ideal of justice.
Instead of imprisonment,throw them out into the wild the fend for themselves.
Drop prisoners in the middle of the coldest harshest places on earth to survive.
But in their case,they had to deal with dinos.
That way,they would not be a burden on society.
But,if they survive,they could come back and take revenge on the village.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

In that environment though, it's kind of dumb. I mean, on one hand, he's dino chow...on the other, he joins up with the Sixers and now is one more gun pointing your way. Not too bright now, is it?

Personally, I'd start a work detail, letting him (while supervised) do some of the jobs nobody wants to do around Terra Nova...but that's just me.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I do love Sci Fi but not impressed with Terra Nova dunno in my younger years i'd prolly eat this up and think it was like totally awesome

Hollywood tho thinks people are just stupid can't figure that one out Terra needs to add some Zombies FTW!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
I do love Sci Fi but not impressed with Terra Nova dunno in my younger years i'd prolly eat this up and think it was like totally awesome

Hollywood tho thinks people are just stupid can't figure that one out Terra needs to add some Zombies FTW!

Its sad they have to try to appease the demographic of the advertisers.

Most people would probably be bored out of their minds with legitimate Sci-Fi.

Deep Space 9 was supposed to be more about the characters and interaction of various species - and politics. But - "they" had to make it more exciting by adding battles.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I gave up on the show last night. It's boring, there's no continuity story between episodes that makes it interesting and, given the cost to produce, and the so so ratings/reviews, it seems pointless to get invested in a show that probably won't be around in a year or two.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Agreed as with many shows, sci fi or not. If I didn't suspend belief, within reason, most tv would be impossible to watch.For me especially medical shows.

I really wanted to like this show but it is losing it's appeal. I will give it the season and then decide. New shows sometimes take time to "get going"

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
This show would have been a 100x better if it wasn't PG and aimed towards family/kids. None the less its still entertaining.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
I gave up on the show last night. It's boring, there's no continuity story between episodes that makes it interesting and, given the cost to produce, and the so so ratings/reviews, it seems pointless to get invested in a show that probably won't be around in a year or two.

I agree with the continuity of the show.
It is basically " Fantasy Island" millions of years ago in another timeline with dinosaurs.
But,one of the few shows that me and the kids can watch together,so I will hang in there until the end.
I mean,really,what choices do you have with kids 13 and 10 years old,other than dancing with the stars, Nickelodeon,Disney Channel.Which I would rather be water-boarded then have to watch.
For us,it's family night,cause they can't watch the shows we really like ,like SOA,Dexter,and so on.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Yeah, or True Blood, or The Walking Dead, hehe... All the good shows are not kid friendly.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Right, luckily my kids are older and we can watch most anything together. I just started watching SoA... amazing show

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
It's not the greatest show on earth but I still like it and don't want to see it cancelled but I do wish Josh would grow up a little. I know he's a teenager but still...At least in the last episode he returns one of the drugs and admits to what he did. But I do get tired of the mysteries like the leader's son and what the real mission for Terra Nova is and such. I'd like to see the answers solved. I hate it when they cancel a show and leave a bunch of questions.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join