It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terra Nova

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I was disappointed.

Acting was rubbish.

There were more clichés then I could throw a stick at.

Cheese factor was very high.

But, I'll give it a go, sometimes these things get better with time.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Love the new avatar!
We need a revolution!
Brilliant!

You,know,it's tv.
They throw in some mystery like the show Lost,some dinosaurs,rogue teenagers making moonshine, much better entertainment then watching Chaz or Nancy Grace having a wardrobe malfunction on dancing with the stars.
To tell you the truth,I don't hardly watch tv anymore,but this show got the whole family watching.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I was also a bit disappointed in the premier.

So far the storyline has been extremely predictable and not very good. The acting has been OK. The dude from Avatar is perfect for the role as the base commander.

I'm hoping it starts to pick up in the second episode. The premier was not really worth sitting through almost an hour of commercials for.It was quite... Meh.

But aren't we forgetting the 96 teraton elephant in the room? These people went 85 million years into the past. The Dinosaurs went extinct 65 million years ago due to a 10-kilometer wide asteroid slamming into the Gulf of Mexico.

The big twist that has been hinted at in the show is that this isn't really an alternate reality, it's the actual past. But no matter what changes are made, they won't be able to "control the future". First, these colonists are going to have to survive and reproduce for millions of years while remembering the conspiracy in order to make any sort of change. Second, they are going to have to survive the Extinction Event.

Most likely, they are working on a way to return to the future, using the meteoritic iron collected in the mines.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracySquid7

so your saying Stephen Lang did a bad job acting? Just wondering. And I thought he did a great job in Avatar as the gung-ho commander and i personally like that role and i liek his role in Terra Nova too. Looking forward to the next episode because I also think this is going to be a good series.

Personally I think he is a fantastic actor. Avatar was one of his best, though "Ike Clanton" in Tombstone was his crowning achievement. Should have won an Oscar for best supporting supporting actor in that one. (doubles on purpose)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by allenidaho
Most likely, they are working on a way to return to the future, using the meteoritic iron collected in the mines.

What if they find a way they can choose the timeline to return?

You go back in time - - then work to find a way you can return to a timeline where significant changes can prevent future destruction - - of your original "past future".

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I got a funny timeline shift story to tell you about this show.

I few months ago, I was out shopping at a local mall and looking in one of those Movies and DVD stores when I saw that they had the Terra Nova TV series out on DVD already. They had 3 seasons of the show out at the time. I had just started seeing ads out for this show, so I figured it must be a rip-off of some BBC series and didn't think twice about it. I even remember reading the back of the box on the 3rd season and reading about how some break-off group was acting up and all.

Since the show came out on TV, I've tried to see if there was a BBC version that came out earlier but, could only find that some folks think Terra Nova is a rip-off of another similar show called Outcasts which has a very similar storyline but, they are on another planet and I'm not sure if dinosaurs are involved.

I was certain at the time that the DVDs I saw said Terra Nova on them and that there were more than one season available. I went back to the same store yesterday and the DVDs aren't there anymore.

I'm really kicking myself for not buying them when I saw them, now I'm just left wondering if it was a figment of my imagination or if I'm going crazy or something. [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b2bce957cb45.gif[/atsimg]

Of course, if this was a timeline shift, it could be a sign that the world won't end in 2012 after all...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
The last scene about the son leaving the messages. I soon as I saw that scene I automatically thought, well the son has gone back further in the timeline and there is a civilization there and he is leaving clues about it. Sort of like how some people imagine that there has been other civilizations on earth that have been wiped out thru big earth changes.

That's just the first thing that popped into my head after that scene. Would be a cool twist to the story!

OiO

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
The last scene about the son leaving the messages. I soon as I saw that scene I automatically thought, well the son has gone back further in the timeline and there is a civilization there and he is leaving clues about it. Sort of like how some people imagine that there has been other civilizations on earth that have been wiped out thru big earth changes.

Interesting.

I felt maybe an ET connection - - as in Ancient Astronauts.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
The Sixers though, indicated that they seemed to have seen or at least know about him doing so (coming there and drawing on the rocks) though, which implies he's still in their timeline.

I would have rather seen them draw out that more, could have been a good mystery.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
Interesting.

I felt maybe an ET connection - - as in Ancient Astronauts.

I like that too! Could also apply with the folks that think there have been other civilizations here too. I could see it going many ways. I do some work with people that write screen plays, they are always forcing me to consider all possibilities when it comes to story lines. My husband hates it. We will be watching a show and I start talking to the TV about how things don't makes sense. He just looks at me and says "really?".

OiO

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
The Sixers though, indicated that they seemed to have seen or at least know about him doing so (coming there and drawing on the rocks) though, which implies he's still in their timeline.

I would have rather seen them draw out that more, could have been a good mystery.

I think they will end up drawing it out some more. The way it was tagged at the ending sort of left a good cliff hanger. I liked it!

OiO

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

My husband hates it. We will be watching a show and I start talking to the TV about how things don't makes sense. He just looks at me and says "really?".

OiO

LOL - - Oh I always talk to the TV.

After 22 years hubby has finally accepted it.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I think they will end up drawing it out some more. The way it was tagged at the ending sort of left a good cliff hanger. I liked it!

OiO

They left a lot of cliffhangers.

Now they can review audience reaction - - - and plan different strategies to keep the audience interested.

I'm sure they've shot many scenes and storylines already. Doesn't mean they can't shoot more "dice and splice" for different directions and out comes.

My kid works in production. Saving money by creative editing and reusing some footage - - is essential.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
I'm sure they've shot many scenes and storylines already. Doesn't mean they can't shoot more "dice and splice" for different directions and out comes.

My kid works in production. Saving money by creative editing and reusing some footage - - is essential.

I don't think most people realize what all can be changed in post.

I love that your kid works in production. It is a very demanding job, but fun too! My current "job" is online marketing, but I'd rather spend 14 hours on location getting worn out physically and mentally any day. To me it is just more rewarding.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Jason O'Mara reminds me of a young Mel Gibson. he even has the same mannerisms in his expressions. I thought it was okay for a basic shoot-em-up. I doubt that it will last, but I did enjoy the pilot.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Hi FortAnthem!

While I was watching Terra Nova last night, I had a thought. Could you have seen a box set for the BBC show Primeval? Something about a scene from last night's episode reminded me of it.

When strange anomalies in time start to appear all over England, Professor Cutter and his team have to help track down and capture all sorts of dangerous prehistoric creatures from Earth's distant past. www.imdb.com...

The show has groups with hidden agendas, dinos & time travel. Just a thought!

OiO

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

My husband hates it. We will be watching a show and I start talking to the TV about how things don't makes sense.

You mean like:

Why don't they have electrified fencing?
Why don't the vehicles have an electrified outer shell for emergencies?
Why do they drive around in jeeps with open sides in dino country?
Why don't they have some defense for flying reptiles? (surely this wasn't the first time)
How do they communicate with the future (how did they even know when/where the portal went)?
Why haven't they simply gone after the Sixers and wiped them out?
Why didn't they bug the supplies they gave the Sixers, to find them?
Why didn't they simply poison the med supplies for the Sixers?
How do they defend against the large insects of the time? (imagine a foot long mosquito)
Why is the kid carrying a torch for a chick that is now 85 million years in the future?

Those kinds of things?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Yes.... those kind of things!! Mine last night was, we know they have video surveillance on the fence. Is it not monitored 24/7? The attacked on the market place was one of those "suspend rationality" moments.

And why... Why!! do TV shows have to have tie-ins on the personal relationships and the monsters. The couple is trying to have some privacy for sex, then the camp is attacked by creatures just wanting to have sex! Urgh!!!!

I didn't like last night's episode as much as I wanted too.

OiO

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I was also interested in watching it,but,there is
monday night football!

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Those kinds of things?

I think I'll just sit back and enjoy the show.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join