It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Wants Help To Block 527's!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
"Democrats have urged Bush to condemn ads run by the group Swift Boat Veterans for Truth that accused Kerry of lying to get his three Purple Hearts, Silver Star and Bronze Star during his Vietnam service.

Though Bush has said Kerry "served admirably" in Vietnam, the commander in chief has not condemned the commercials.

Instead, he has called for these groups, such as Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, MoveOn and others, to stop airing political ads."
www.cnn.com...

Very interesting. Shouldn't the Swift Boat Vet have their freedom of speech. Kerry made a mockery of these vets returning to the states and these groups like the Swift Boat Vets didn't have the opportunity to stand up for themselve after Kerry humiliated them in his 1971 speech. So shouldn't these vets be able to stand up and tell their side of the story. I think they should. If Michael Moore is able to make a supposed "Documentary" that does nothing but slame G.W., i think Swift Boat Vets and others should be able to voice their opinions of Kerry and Bush.

[edit on 26-8-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I think 527s are great. They take the direct money influence on politicians and encourage more open debate and dialogue.

Could it be that Bush and AntiPolitrix are AFRAID of a free and open discourse and want it all Dictatorially controlled by the candidate(s) themselves?

Have faith AntiPolitrix, if Bush was SO tough in the National Guard, he should be able to handle this too.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Well, let's see..

$140 million raised by MoveOn.org and other anti-Bush folks..
$9 million pro Bush..

That tells me that Bush can't handle a fair fight. So he wants to knock 'em all off. The numbers also tell me how not popular Bush is.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by slankHave faith AntiPolitrix, if Bush was SO tough in the National Guard, he should be able to handle this too.

Come on, slank! It's Kerry who has been screaming bloody murder about the 527, threatening to sue and dragging Bush into the mud pit for not condemning them.

Personally, I like them, but you can't blame Bush for getting on this bandwagon when you have even McCain harassing him over these things.

This is one case where discretion is the better part of valor.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I think Bush is playing the game really smoothly. First of all none of the 527's are really doing what they are intended to do and they will continue to do this until their roles are more specifically defined.

MoveOn.org is funded by some very liberal extremist like Soro's who have said he would throw away ALL his money if it meant for Bush to not be re-elected. The Bush campaign didnt make that much of a fuss about them, probably because they knew what was going to happen come election time. Kerry now has one group against him in comparison to the 100's against Bush and he is screaming bloody murder. The fact is that slander is slander anyway you cut it. Bush was able to use this opportunity to let Kerry's reputation get damaged and then come out looking like the better if he can get all these ad's killed along with the MoveOn.org ads slamming him daily. Thats politics for ya!

One question I do need to ask though. Why are the Dems crying foul so loudly now that their candidate has two slanderous ads against him? They are trying to make it seem like they've denounced MoveOn.org or ACT since day one but they have been patting them on the asses the whole time. I just think thats a little hypoicritical.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by slank

Could it be that Bush and AntiPolitrix are AFRAID of a free and open discourse and want it all Dictatorially controlled by the candidate(s) themselves?

What are you talking about? Let us EastCoastKid's numbers:

140 million raised by Anti-Bush groups
9 million raised by Pro-Bush Groups

For one, If Kerry wasn't afraid he would not be looking into suing Swift Boat Vets.

Second, Bush's numbers are not slipping, Kerry's numbers are.

So to break it down, Kerry's numbers continue to slip eventhough Kerry support groups are spending 140 million trying to slam Bush while Bush Groups are spending ONLY 9 million bashing Kerry. Now who is afraid?

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by build319

Kerry now has one group against him in comparison to the 100's against Bush and he is screaming bloody murder.

Yep and they are saying Bush is afraid. If anything the 527's have shown the true side of the Democrates and Kerry should be afraid. I think Bush knows the American public is getting tired of hearing the constant Bush bashing. Kerry knows it or he should, all he needs to do is look at the polls. Last i heard Kerry only had Bush by a point compared to the 3 or 4 point lead Kerry has had for the past 2 months. With all the Anti-Bush ads you would think Kerry would have a better lead. Bush 2004!!!!

new topics

top topics

join