It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Quit Smoking, Cold Turkey, Now I'm Mean.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Get on some vitamins. Vitamins C and a B complex calm the nerves. Chlorella will help get rid of residual toxins.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
you will need mp3 player . put ur fav songs there

and also ambient , and classical music

keep it playing all day in your head , low volume and interact with people

thank me later

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

I quit almost 2 months ago, and finally wrapped up my habit of eating sugar wafers like a woodchuck last week. I don't care what they say: junk food DOES save lives.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
After smoking for 15 years...i quit cold turkey. I am now 4 months smoke free and I gotta say I love it. I was totally mean for the first 2 weeks but it does pass. As far as cravings, I chewed alot of gum-that helped. Quitting smoking is definitely very hard. But, if you really want to quit you will quit. After smoking for so long..I never thought I would be able to quit. But I was ready and I did it. I never understood why I was paying so much money to slowly kill myself. I will never smoke a cigarette again. Good luck to anyone who is trying to quit. It's worth every moment that your miserable without a cigarette to be victorious in the end. I WIN TOBACCO COMPANIES!!!!!!!!

edit on 27-9-2011 by tmhouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

I quit smoking (OK I'm taking a break) on Saturday, I feel more relaxed and my lungs feel so damn clean
.....I can actually take deeper breaths. Also lost a lot of rage, But I should be back to smoking in the next couple of weeks.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

It too, shall pass...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
dont waste your time trying to find something to take that will make you feel better. I recommend running a few miles right when you wake up in the morning before you eat anything.

keep in mind, it takes approximately 22 days for a deep seated change to occur in ones consciousness.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by knightsofcydonia

I quit cold turkey, get a giant tub of sunflower seeds and eat them when the cravings hit. I dont know why but it helps. The craving last only a few minutes at most if you can power through. Try the seeds I swear !

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Hang in there buddy!

There is light at the end of the tunnel. The meanness will pass soon enough.

I quit cold turkey many years ago and stayed off those S.O.B.'s for about five years.

Then at a New Year's Eve party I had one on "a dare". Next morning I bought a pack. Still smoking since that night.

And the award for biggest dumb ass goes to...envelope please...Hessling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hang in there! It's worth it.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I feel your pain, im still trying to quit and holy moly do people stay away when they know im trying again and again to quit eheheh.

good luck and good work

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
two word's , electronic ciggarette,

but seriously , they really work .. minus all the smokey flavour.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
If your in good enough shape take some kind of martial arts class.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I quit, cold turkey, 10 months ago (Nov 17) after 54 years of smoking and never used a crutch of any sort.

I had aspirated a small chunk of carrot and developed a lung infection. The cough was bad and when the Dr. said 'lung infection", I thought "Stop Smoking" and did.

I sense there was some special 'intervention' between the Doctor's words and my thoughts, a nanosecond that sealed the deal. I cannot even describe that nanosecond!

Good Luck all!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Quittings easy. I've quit thousands of times.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant
Quittings easy. I've quit thousands of times.

HAHAHAHA

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

I quit smoking and everybody patted me on the back. Four years later I took a good look at myself and admitted that I had turned into a miserable, self-righteous, grossly overweight schmuck. So, I started smoking again - American Spirits Organic. I lost all the weight, look better, feel better. And I'm still miserable and self-righteous.., but not as much.

Question: Do people want to quit smoking because they really want to / need to, or do they quit because they have been culturally brow beat into it?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Good for you my friend! When I quit smoking I would trick my mind by telling myself I had never smoked In my life so therefor my cravings were not for cigarettes. I also must congratulate you on a most excellent avatar.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

I don't see how anyone can smoke cold turkey anyway. I'll stick with tobbacco.

Seriously, though, good luck my man. .

Every time I try to quit I feel like killing someone. I start back up to stay out of jail.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I just quit a month ago. Two packs a day for 13 years.
I was a jerk then, I'm a jerk now.
Deal with it.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I became a nonsmoker 27 days ago so I feel ya. I am still getting a bit of my nicotine fix with the patch but yes I can smell & taste better.

The price for smokes here in Indiana is up to $6 bucks a pack. Times that by two and it gets costly. I've since bought myself a pair of bitchin leather boots I've been drooling over for the last year.

The little rationalizations the brain come up with to try and trick you are endless. My fav is the "oh, you can just have one..." Right. Sure. No.

To the person who asked if we are doing this from some type of cultural pressure. First, don't help my rationalizations. Secondly, in a way we are as the forementioned price is a pressure, not being able to smoke when you go to dinner, a bar, or even a concert these days is pressure as well. But in addition to those: I lost my grandma at 60 to lung cancer and my mom also at 60 to COPD and a myrid of other smoking related illnesses. I have a special needs daughter and I want to be here for her as long as I can.

OP just come back to your thread when you need some support or to vent. We'll be here for ya!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join