It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sky confirms "shining moon" behind Frankenstein

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I thought this was an interesting article. As an avid reader of horror books and such, I always knew there were something else behind the creativity and inspiration behind certain writers. There is a lot of interesting information behind Mary Shelley. Basically what the article says is that Shelley got the inspiration to write Frankenstein as the moon was shining through her window, during a waking dream. Anyway, here is the article-

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Veritas1

It is also strange that the book is set in Ingolstadt Bavaria. The home of the Bavarian Illuminati.
Could there be a link between the two?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Veritas1

I allways thought Frankenstiens monster was the result of an opium dream after a dinner with keats and his wife.Allthough i may be wrong,i often am.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by marvinthemartian

They did partake, you are right. Perhaps the waking dream was a result of that little session.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

Interesting - I didn't realize that - I suppose it isn't too hard to find a parallel - creating and destroying life...

CJ

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

Well it wasnt illegal back then.Anyone who had the readies was endulging in whatever they wanted,Ahh thems was the days.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Mary, having not written anything significant, wrote Frankenstein in response to a challenge of who could write the scariest story.

Frankenstein

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by chasingbrahman

Which is strange cause if you read it now its more of a sad story than a scary one.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by marvinthemartian

I agree. I don't think I ever cried so hard at the end of a book in all my life. Maybe at the end of Where the Red Fern Grows, but I don't think so. I keep wanting to read it again until I realize that endeavor would entail also reading the ending. Hell, I'm only one woman.

new topics

top topics

join