It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did the government lie about damage to the Washington Monument?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
So now we learn that the monument will be closed indefinitely. There is also this new video. It's obvious there was damage and the park police knew of it when it happened. This video proves it.

See also these videos: www.nps.gov...

So my question is, why did the government deny there was any damage for several days? News reports of damage came almost immediately, but the government continued to deny it until it was clear from the damage to the exterior that they couldn't.

So again, why?

The Park Service says the memorials and monuments, including the new Martin Luther King Jr. memorial, were evacuated immediately after the quake.

Agency spokesman Jeffrey Olson says that there was "absolutely no damage" to the Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial or other tourist destinations along the Mall.

Read more: nation.foxnews.com... yUs5

edit on 27-9-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

I remember right after 9/11 the government told us that is was safe for rescue workers down at ground zero, now these people are dieing at a alarming rate. Once you lie enough it becomes second nature.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I have a hypothesis. That is exactly how the government handles everything. Lie until you can't deny. Then, admit and create at least 3 smoke screens and 2 red herrings plus an ad hominem argument triggered by a hijacked word. Ta-da! American Modus Operandi!

link   
Wow! How scary would that be, being in the Washington Monument during
an earthquake?

Maybe someone is directing their warfare at the masons.

link   

Why did the government lie

Because that's what they do , Governments lie about anything and everything in my experience , there's nothing worse than giving your brainwashed subjects the truth , they may start to expect it .

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

I for one need more evidence of that denial than the words of an underling. Of course, denial is a typical response to any question about the honesty and reliablity of anything connected to government these days..

It was widely broadcast in the media immediately after the quake that the monument suffered cracks, and shortly thereafter, they covered it up, literally, with a tarp.. So, basically, I call your contention bogus except for that one, low official's comment. So to sustain your case, you need more meat to your claim.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

The NWO base under the monument was destroyed.

That's why they kept mum about it.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Originally posted by Aliensun
I for one need more evidence of that denial than the words of an underling.

...So, basically, I call your contention bogus except for that one, low official's comment. So to sustain your case, you need more meat to your claim.

What are you babbling about? That 'low official's' job happens to be solely to speak on behalf of the government...well, more specifically the NPS.

That's why he is described as the agency's spokesman.

Were you expecting Obama to opine on the condition of the monument?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

the press release the day after states that damage is being assesed .

one official who was probally not given a correct briefing hardly consitutes " the government "

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
one official who was probally not given a correct briefing hardly consitutes " the government "

So if the agency's spokesman is hardly the "government", we can safely ignore all of their future pronouncements, right?

I think you kind of made my point for me.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
reply to post by loam

I remember right after 9/11 the government told us that is was safe for rescue workers down at ground zero, now these people are dieing at a alarming rate. Once you lie enough it becomes second nature.

hahaha i second that buddy
so true !

as for the op the damage was minor , i was reading an article on cnn they gonna tie her down and fix her up .. apparently light shines through the cracks

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
What I find interesting is the fact that a spokesman for the NPS says there was no damage, but there was an employee of the NPS in the monument while it happened and witnessed the damage. So, she didn't report it?
The spokesman didn't have any information from the employees before making the statement?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

My point exactly. That is rather hard to believe, isn't it?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

I was confused to read the title of this thread. I most CERTAINLY heard, either the day of, or the day after, that the monument WAS damaged. So where is the conspiracy here?

I person speaking to the media is NOT automatically a "Govt. spokesman"
edit on 27-9-2011 by MaryWasLoose because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
They interviewed the park ranger who was inside it, on the Today show this morning. They asked her if she planned on going back inside when they reopen it. She looked incredulous and said something to the effect of...Not unless they can ensure to me that it is safe and structurally sound.
The park ranger who was inside doesn't even seem to think that at this moment it is safe!
So clearly there is damage! She also said that engineers were going to rappel down all 4 sides today to look at the damage closer.

edit on 27-9-2011 by Htrowklis82 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-9-2011 by Htrowklis82 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Hey, Does Anyone remember "The Event"..???

www.youtube.com...

edit on 27-9-2011 by JohnnyFever because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
There is also this new video. It's obvious there was damage and the park police knew of it when it happened. This video proves it.

All the video proves is that there was an earthquake and the workers evacuated the monument because of it. I don't see any apparent damage in the clip though.

Originally posted by loam
So my question is, why did the government deny there was any damage for several days?

It's quite simple really, the government is made up of foolish, inept people. They gave the monument a visual once-over, didn't see any obvious damage and declared it fit to be visited. But it's not as simple as that, any time a structure is subjected to unusual forces then a structural engineer needs to examine the structure and deem it safe. What happened was this, a pencil-necked bureaucrat with zero credentials "declared" it safe:

Agency spokesman Jeffrey Olson says that there was "absolutely no damage" to the Washington Monument Lincoln Memorial or other tourist destinations along the Mall.

Then later they actually consulted professionals and found out it wasn't safe after all. This isn't an example of a conspiracy, it's yet another example of how clueless our government leaders are. It amazes me that so many brilliantly coordinated "conspiracies" (9-11, moon landing hoax, etc.) are attributed to our government when in actuality it's full of people that couldn't find their butts with both hands and a flashlight.

edit on 27-9-2011 by SavedOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by RainbeauBleu

"Lie until you can't deny"....lol....CLASSIC!

They must teach that in the Politician 101 Orientation Class....class notes also available for all government office's new hires!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
its more funny or at best questionable when they tell the truth!!!!! I beleive NOTHING and I mean it when it comes to any statement from the goverment about anything ....... they just dont have a straight answer for anything even on small things ..... dude its crazy they forgot how to talk straight.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
New question: Why is the media making such a big deal over a story whose meaning is primarily symbolic?

Washington combines "wash" and "hill". The hill is the Masonic triangular shape. Ever since George Washington, it's been used to refer to "washing" the U.S. government. Water signifies unofficial social movements, in this case the corruption within the Masons.

I say "in this case" because, from a Divine absolute standpoint, Creation stands pure and doesn't truly need any "washing". To cleanse, you must first invoke the idea of a dirty or imperfect state of things. Thus, cleansing is often used by these guys to actually signify impurity or corruption. Case in point, the infamous Bohemian Grove, a depraved networking social club for the wealthy elite. Outside their property is emblazoned the motto: "Weaving Spiders Come Not Here". It's supposedly an admonition not to network there, to leave all your earthly cares behind. Yet the club primarily exists for that sort of networking; shady informal deals are what it was designed for. Thus, the admonition is actually an invitation to that sort of thing. They've done the same through the centuries, invoking unhealthy symbols via supposed charms to "ward off [this]" and to "protect you from [that]". If you were performing an exorcism, the last thing you'd want to do is read off a list of demons by name, invoke their properties, and tell them to stay away from you. No, of course you'd instead attempt to invoke Divine authority on your behalf. Thus, "washing" their "hill"'s been used for centuries to denote corruption within the Masonic organization, and through it the U.S. government.

The monument signifies corrupt Masonic coordination within the U.S., due to how it was built. The news piece signified efforts to stop them, done by another group. Things are becoming more difficult for the corrupt Masons now, as people are becoming more aware of what they've been doing. The news piece indicates that, while attempting to perform the usual damage control. They put out a symbolic notification long after the fact, once it couldn't be avoided, in an attempt not to demonstrate to their own people that their news media are deliberately late with the facts. The tone of the symbolism is distinctly sucky, that is, misery-laden, unpleasant, depressing, and this is the hallmark of the symbol Columbia (see the AboveTopSecret posts on her), used to reference the taming of the land of the U.S. ever since they depicted her as a savage Native American princess. She's gone through a few "looks", and she's moving into her depiction as the destructive war goddess Kali she's related to symbolically. This has been occurring gradually through the centuries. They're having to pick up the pace on that effort now, as the People are becoming aware of their efforts. You'll note that the primary theme of this symbolic news piece is "destruction". Well, yes. It's to demonstrate that, despite what's going on and despite the media putting out pieces like this which could seem to indicate that they're shifting loyalties, the media remain the pet lapdogs of the corrupt Masonic sect. The meaning, inasmuch as there is one, is this: Whatever they're saying, whatever the appearance is, they're continuing to use the sucky, depressing symbolism that is the hallmark of the corrupt Masonic sect. But they're rather hoping for credibility with other groups at the moment, by doing what they've always done and playing double-agent.

Shifty lot, them. Of course given the history and the symbols and mechanisms used, the Masonic corruption seems to've been principally underwritten by the Roman Catholic Church and its hallmarks of covert bribery and the hyperadvanced (compared to what the rest of the world has) propaganda techniques they used to turn medieval serfs against their king in favor of the Church. No wonder the Bible's prophets alerted us to the problem well in advance, depicting the Vatican as the Whore of Babylon. The lifestyle they've been leading is one in which they'd sell their own grandmothers to make a buck. This is how they bring you the NWO.
edit on 1-10-2011 by Satori42 because: added info

top topics

join