It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I've always been attributed with having crazy ideas, believing in alternate theories for well-known events, going "against the grain" etc. I live in a very conservative state, where even those who are not part of the main-stream are hesitant to truly express their individuality by claiming their right to administer their own thoughts.

I've alienated friends and family because no one likes having their beliefs questioned, be they religious, political, or whatever. I've been called, crazy, insane, unpatriotic - and anything else they try to pin on you for questioning authority, questioning religion, questioning the official story, questioning myself..

I've brought some people over to the side of truth too - some of them are absolutely the last people you would expect to question the official lie. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying those of us on this side know the truth - I'm saying we look for it. We look for holes in the official story. We are aware of the fact that knowledge is power, and filtering what knowledge the masses receive only consolidates and concentrates that power; makes it a weapon easier to wield. Those of us that objectively seek truth without bias try to see the bigger pictures - and for those of you who think that your government doesn't house elements that wish to weaken and control you and others like you are naive.

That being said - I'm glad I found ATS. Now when someone calls me insane for saying the US Government was complicit in 9/11, or worse - or that LBJ had a hand in JFK's assassination, or that the invisible hand that manipulates the puppets that are our elected "representatives" does in fact exist and does in fact wish to control the way you think, how you act, what you buy.. Now when people say I'm crazy I'll tell them to read about some of the more far fetched theories I've read and enjoyed here on ATS and maybe I'll look like the very picture of rationality... Thanks ATS for making us "normal" conspiracy theorists look like well-respected scientists.

I kid, of course.. I appreciate anyone who is willing to put their ideas/beliefs/thoughts on record, offer them for peer review, face the inevitable criticism that occurs when you claim something that goes against "common knowledge" could be true. I might not ultimately believe it, but I'll do my best to consider the idea, weigh it against other possibilities and proofs, and try not to outright dismiss anything.

I have some crazy ideas too, hope to share them with you all soon. =]

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Welcome to the land of failed predictions, youtube physicists and the Illuminati.

Keep your arms and legs inside while moving.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
welcome to ats!

Like your OP, you are much like me, but ats has seemed to go downhill a bit over the years like stated by the chicken above me. Too many failed predictions, "flashes of light", "weird sounds", oh and that #ing comet.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Glad to see so many new folk on here ! Welcome
Too ATS

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I try not to get too speculative when I talk to people about "alternate" ideas. I find it kills one's credibility.

If you can't back something up you should very clearly say so before sharing with people, or you should find more evidence before you share the idea at all. If you want people to take you seriously you have to operate on a level that they can appreciate. Speculation is a good thing, it promotes gathering information that might otherwise be overlooked or ignored - but you have to ask yourself where you got the idea.

I've been reading ATS for a bit now and it seems like a lot of these ideas come from popular fiction movies, books, etc. It seems the Land of Truth is easily obscured by the Mists of Popular Culture and too many people are unable to see where one realm ends and the other begins. You have to wonder - does Hollywood promote and propagate these ideas into the discussion or does Hollywood take these ideas from the discussion and exploit them to profit? Maybe both. I wouldn't be surprised if some high-ranking Hollywood Producer and Screenwriters are browsing ATS right now brainstorming their next summer blockbuster.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

Excellent points Tinker.
Welcome to the forum

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, enjoy your stay.
See you on the boards!

top topics

join