It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toronto We Day Today, UN Brainwashing Youth?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Video of it

SourceCP24

Source2

There Site
Link

Free The Children's We Day is more than just one day of celebration and inspiration. We Day is the movement of our time – a movement of young people leading local and global change.

They cliam that 20,000 Youth from across north america will be at the ACC, notice the idealists

Cherie Blair, bestselling author and wife of former British Prime Minister Tony Blair, on "Shamless Idealists" with Craig

Yes thats right the wife of former British Prime Minister Tony Blair is coming to Toronto you saw it correctly.

Any thoughts on this?
edit on 27-9-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Ok, so they're talking about banding together, helping each other, to change the world for a better tommorow...WOW. They are monsters!! Helping each other is for suckers. Who wants better future for our kids? I sure don`t. Lets teach them to hate and propogate war, racism and prejudice of every kind.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

I agree with the original poster. It is brainwashing. It is one thing to teach children about the problems facing society but it is another to teach them that only one idealogy is correct.

For example: Global warming. Children were taught the concept of global warming and that the ONLY, ACCEPTABLE response was to build green alternative energies and tax carbon usage. At no point, were children given any alternative views or criticism of global warming - nor was any mention made of how much it would cost and who would make financial gain.

The children are then led on campaigns and people "speak" on their behalf to further their own idealogies and profit margin.

TIRED OF CONTROL FREAKS>

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
How about if schools just teach our children to read and write and do arithmatic and we leave it to the parents to shape their own children's personality and idealogy?

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TiredofControlFreaks

I do agree about the global warming thing though. You make agood point. But I do beleive the overall consept will do more good than harm. As for green energy and carbon emissions, I don`t see the problem with that. Green energy is the way to go and lowering our carbon emissons...I`m all for it. I as a teenager, and I know I was not the only one, was pretty naive and easily influenced, as these kids are I`m sure. But as one grows older we start to look at things more objectively and make up our own minds about what we are tought. I think the good outways the bad in this situation. They still have their whole lives ahead of them to make up their own minds. Lets give them a little more credit.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TiredofControlFreaks

I do agree with this 100%. I teach my kids to look at all three sides of the coin. Taking things at face value narrows ones outlook on things. So I tell them that we need to listen to others opignion but to make up their own minds only after they have looked at the available info and to analize with odjectivity. Personaly, if I was tolled that at an earlier stage in my life, I would of been most grateful later on.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

Heres more from CP24

A crowd of about 18,000 people will also hear from Free The Children co-founders Craig and Marc Kielburger, singer Nelly Furtado, actor Danny Glover and Mary Robinson, the UN former high commissioner for human rights.

Lnkcp24

It inculdes Mary Robinson, the UN former high commissioner for human rights
isnt that Brainwashing now? i wonder if these 18,000 people are rich folk?

I wonder how they did get those 18,000 youths that easily.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I don't see the brainwashing taking place here...social activism for injustice around the world is what...bad?

On a side note, I certainly think there's valid points to be made about climate change all both sides. However just the mere consideration that with exponential population growth and a limited amount of resources on the planet, environmentalism is a no brainer.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

And I think I read somewhere that Actor Danny Glover is a 33 Degree Free Mason.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
To All:

There is a big big problem here. Everyone assumes that since the topics in question at the We Conference are phrased in a certain way - that it is a "good" thing!

1. Climate Change and Environmentalism - if what was taught was reasonable means of preserving the environment - all well and good - but what is taught is that there is only one way to preserve the environment. Children are taught WHAT to thing, not how to think.

Is green energy a "good" thing. Certainly! But there are great technical difficulties that have not been surmounted. For example: Windmills and solar energy costs 80 cents/kilowatt. Can the average person pay this amount for energy to heat their homes? Of course not. So what will the average person do when energy becomes too expensive. Well they will install wood burning stoves! Cutting more trees.

Is adding ethanol to gas a "good" thing. Seemed to be! Until food prices started rising and whole forests were cut down to provide more land to grow more biofuel. Until people started to realize that it took a litre and half of gas to produce 1 litre of biofuel. Until people realized that biofuel doesn't provide the btu of gasoline and produces more air pollution.

The only clean technology that is capable of reducing pollution and providing avoidable energy is nuclear - but kids are taught that is the biggest no no of them all.

How about stopping bullying! Another good thing! But wait a minute. Now it has turned to the point where any aggression is considered "bad" and the perpetrator is punished. Boys testing themselves against others is a natural part of growing up. Its a natural process. Girls also have their own form of bullying in the process of ostracization. What keeps things in line is that there is a value to getting along with others. Kids learn the balance by suffering natural consequences of their behavior. Other, less aggressive kids learn how to fight back successfully.

Now the whole natural process has been co-opted to a controlled one. But society has a need for some agressive people! So what happens when natural aggression is punished?

This whole thing is an experiment in social engineering. And I don't see this as harmless at all.

TIRED OF CONTROL FREAKS

new topics

top topics

join