It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien civilisations and the film industry

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I was watching Galaxy Quest (again) the other day. Simply because I love seeing Sigorney Weaver in low cut and tight clothes.

Anyway, it started to make me think. What if an alien civilisation was to actually intercept some of our TV shows, especially the science fiction? Would they spot the more advanced CGI effects for what they are, considering the signal degredation, or would they take them at face value and assume that we are more advanced than we actually are.

Now, before you say that they are light years ahead of us and would see straight through them for the hoaxes they really are, consider how we have been fooled by less elaborate hoaxes in the past.

Could I please have your opinions and thoughts of what the consequences could be if such films and programmes were accepted as fact.

Thank you.
edit on 27/9/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: Dagnamit. Spelling again.

edit on 27/9/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher
I was watching Galaxy Quest (again) the other day. Simply because I love seeing Sigorney Weaver in low cut and tight clothes.

Anyway, it started to make me think. What is an alien civilisation was to actually intercept some of our TV shows, especially the science fiction? Would they spot the more advanced CGI effects for what they are, considering the signal degredation, or would they take them at face value and assume that we are more advanced than we actually are.

Now, before you say that they are light years ahead of us and would see straight through them for the hoaxes they really are, consider how we have been fooled by less elaborate hoaxes in the past.

Could I please have your opinions and thoughts of what the consequences could be if such films and programmes were acepted as fact.

Thank you.

Funny you bring this up......

I always wondered what "aliens" would think if they saw how we portrayed them in movies and or tv shows. I don't think about the whole tech thing because to me each race or however you want to classify it, has their own tech. Ours could be something completely awesome to them or it could be completely lame. I guess it just depends on how advanced they are and what their version of advanced is.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Sometimes I think that TPTB in hollywood.....incorporate into their movies.....pieces of the truth....here and there...about Aliens from other planets and UFO's etc. This is there way of getting the truth out there...and either people catch on...or they don't.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

Haha, great question, I often theoretized about it myself. Let's assume some intelligent race with similar sensoric organs, which would have completely different mind-set, benevolent and unable to lie, would be able to catch a signal, decipher it through scientific work, and eventually be able to play it and see.... Alien. Boy, they would freak out pretty hard.

Or different race, who would see us as a total lunatics, which contact with may be very dangerous. In majority of movies we shoot at aliens, and even in those where they are pictured peacefuly, our sneaky governments usually play the bad guy role.

Hah, imagine aliens watching District 9, gives me a chuckle.

It might become very funny, yet interesting thread.
edit on 27-9-2011 by stainlesssteelrat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Yes, I am sure that there is more than meets the eye regarding Hollywood too. If you go back to some of the films made in the 70s and see what has really come to be, a few of the films are pretty close to the mark.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

CLOSE ENCOUNTERS HAD A LOT OF TRUTHS IN IT

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by spacegremlin

Yea, like if you start to shovel dirt into a house, your wife might not take it

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by stainlesssteelrat

I did not read your nickname properly. I used to love those books.

Star, just for that.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Anyway, it started to make me think. What is an alien civilisation was to actually intercept some of our TV shows, especially the science fiction? Would they spot the more advanced CGI effects for what they are, considering the signal degredation, or would they take them at face value and assume that we are more advanced than we actually are.

Could I please have your opinions and thoughts of what the consequences could be if such films and programmes were accepted as fact.

Thank you.
edit on 27/9/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: Dagnamit. Spelling again.

Aliens are not intercepting our TV shows... they are intercepting our consciousness,
Their TV is your Iris,

TV creates a reality show and so do your Aliens.

It's called: Anti-Nature.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Seventytwo

I bloody well hope not. They will need to R Rate some of my reality TV shows then. LOL

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by stainlesssteelrat

YEAH I GOT IN A LOT OF TROUBLE BROKE MY HOOVER AS WELL

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I always like to think they have nice peaceful movies with CGI humans coming to there planet to eff it up. With such movie stars as Urrkl, Yaaaj, Jiish and Sylvester Stallone (because I mean aliens must be the only ones who can understand him)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by R3N3G4D3

I THINK HE WAS GREAT IN
STOP OR MY MUM WILL SHOOT

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Classic movie!! My mum would put it on for me when I was a kid and I'd sit and watch it lmao.... therapy here I come

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by R3N3G4D3

God helps us if aliens see that film.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I PAYED TO WATCH IT AT THE CINEMA

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Well, they get to see it for free.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I bloody well hope not. They will need to R Rate some of my reality TV shows then. LOL

They see everything , you could be one of their favourite shows, lol

edit on 093030p://f19Tuesday by Seventytwo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Poor buggers. LOL

Second.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacegremlin
I PAYED TO WATCH IT AT THE CINEMA

Please turn off your caps lock. It makes your posts, which have no substance relating to the topic at hand as it is, annoying to read as well.

With that said, the perception aliens would have of what they perceive to be our 'reality' through film would probably be a lot like our perception of Heiroglyphs etc.we perceive them as facts, stories of their true history. When, to be honest, they could be Egyptian Comic books for all we know.

It's all about perception of historys reality really isn't it?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join