It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flashing light in Orion

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Hey, right now as I type this, there is a flashing light, pulses once every 3 seconds or so, moving west to east super super slowly, the light is about as bright or a little brighter than a satellite, but again moving way too slow.

I'm in Utah, clear sky. Anyone else wanna run outside and see if you can see this? It has me confused.

Thanks - LS

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I see it too. It's moving very slowly towards the east. I'm in Cheyenne, WY. It pulses two or three times...then remains a solid blue color for a few seconds...then repeats. Pretty cool. Wish I knew what it was.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
well [snip] nevermind. I went back out to look at it some more and it's gone. Super weird. At first I thought it was a jet liner at max altitude, but then as I watched it, it actually took me a sec to see that it was moving, it was that slow.

Anyway, always lookin up.

- LS

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Hatchet84

lol thank god, I thought I was seeing things for a sec. Still can't located it again though. Grrr.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
cant you film it?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Check for satellites www.spaceweather.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Just went out back again to check on it. It's gone. That was weird. Probably nothing...but I love out at the sky all the time out here in wide open sky Wyoming. Wish I had the camera but didn't want to go upstairs and risk waking the dragon up...I mean the wife.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
went out there one last time to double check, still can't find it again. Thing was blinking so quick it was like, blink and you'd miss it for me.

Is it possible that satellites can move that slow? And further more, I don't recall ever seeing a satellite blink.

Love finding things in the sky I can't explain lol.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Grifter.be

nah, no equipment I have woulda picked that up. It was small, but flashed about as bright as the stars in the belt of orion. Plus it seems to have gone. It was just about to approach the belt when I ran in to see if anyone could see it too.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
These were the only 2 satellites listed for my area. Neither match the time.

Satellite Rise time Direction to look Transit time Max elevation Magnitude

CZ-4B R/B 07:09:42 am N 07:13:50am 75° 1.1 (visible)

GOCE (flaring satellite) 08:09:00 pm S 08:11:08pm 41° 4.1 (dim)

Again.. just weird.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
When I posted my first post on here a few minutes ago it just passed the belt. Then a minute or two later it was gone. Need to get a dang telescope, especially since there are no city lights where I'm at and just open sky.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
ROFL wow, okay okay, wtf..... so much for the satellite tracker you linked.

I just was outside looking again.... this is what I saw.....

First, a shooting star, and it startled me
thats a first.

Then, moving along the west of orion, I watched a satellite move from north to south in the sky. Thinking it was funny that I just looked up my area on that tracker..... then another satellite moving south to north intersecting orion.

Seriously, I don't know how I spot all this stuff.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
LS, just noticed your "subhandle", you're a comedian!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
im in new york and while i was on break at 230 am local time there was a faint pulsing light near orion.thought maybe a meteor but it never burnt up?! watched it for about 30 minutes until we started getting a faint northern lights show.what was weird was that as the lights streaked through the sky they appeared to be making clouds very high up.is this normal for that?i mean do the lights cause clouds?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Alright, went back out, stared intently in the general direction of orion, nothing of interest that time.

Thanks Hatchet for the prompt verification. Too bad the show was so short.

Cheers - LS

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ludshed

LOL - I thought it was pretty funny too

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Lighterside

I live in DC, which is filled with lights and could see something from my balcony, that I do see from time to time, very clearly last night. I see this object, west of Orion's belt, in different positions but the colors do change from red, to green, to blue, and just keep flashing those colors. I hadn't seen this object in almost two weeks, we have had abnormal cloud coverage for the last two months so it may have just been concealed because of clouds.

Also, Last night as I was sitting on my balcony wondering what was flashing at me, I noticed a craft that was extremely high in the air,, going south east, to northwest and, based on the angle, was on an extreme upward tilt that I lost visibility of it as it went verticle, not horizontal. There are three major airports all within a 30 mile radius but the lights on this craft were acting more erratic than notification lights on planes that I have seen in the past. Rathing than having the intervaled lights (blinking lights on the belly and wings of plane) it had continusouly flashing red and white lights that allowed the craft to be seen, despite the intense cloud cover to the east of my building. When it came from behind the clouds it was incredibly far up in the air but you could see a constant flashing. The flashing tmade it look like it was darting all over the place but as I could concentrate my eyes on the center of the crat, I could tell it was moving in a continuous line.

I don't have any video or pictures as I don't own a camera but it was very interesting to see. Anyone else in the DMV see anything around 10:00pm last night?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by notsoobvious
im in new york and while i was on break at 230 am local time there was a faint pulsing light near orion.thought maybe a meteor but it never burnt up?! watched it for about 30 minutes until we started getting a faint northern lights show.what was weird was that as the lights streaked through the sky they appeared to be making clouds very high up.is this normal for that?i mean do the lights cause clouds?

A fireball meteor can leave a contrail I believe. I'm not an expert though.

Your report thought makes me want to kind of keep an eye out on Orion for the next little bit. I keep hoping to spot my little flashing friend again.

The shooting star I saw showed up just eat of Orion too btw. I'm pretty sure showers seem to come from the same general vicinity, don't think there's another shower though until the 8th, the Draconids.

All I know is there's been a lot of chatter about meteors and space junk as of late.....

again, another reason to always be looking up.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Unfortunately the dragonid shower isnt visible for usa, hope that i can see some rocks flying here in Holland

Last weekend i spotted a piece of the uars comming back, or it was a meteor... Don't know for sure.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hatchet84
When I posted my first post on here a few minutes ago it just passed the belt. Then a minute or two later it was gone. Need to get a dang telescope, especially since there are no city lights where I'm at and just open sky.

You can build one pretty cheap.
www.popularmechanics.com...

www.moonlightsys.com...
You can even get attachments to hook up a video camera

<<   2  3 >>

join