It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous threatens NYPD with another Egypt type event

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Saw this posted on facebook, Didn't see a thread on this yet,

Any thoughts? To those who are from Anonymous, is this a troll or legit?

My personal opinion:

Knowing Anonymous from /b/, usually raids take place when the idea is presented and in the spur of the moment. Getting them to organize ahead of schedule is not really their style. (Of course this is based on my observation I could be wrong and maybe they are hiding in an underground chan to do this). To me It could be a bluff and be like frodo drawing the attention of the all seeing eye to them and finally achieving media coverage on occupy wall-street.

But I would like to read other opinions.

edit on 27-9-2011 by RisenAngel77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
There's similiar thread going on here
Anon disclose cop's personalia

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by stainlesssteelrat

Sorry I edited the title to be more specific.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I sure hope this is real. I love Anonymous, and I fully support the Wall Street protests.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by RisenAngel77

Do you honestly believe this statement?

Anonymous, and Facebook.
Can't get much more specific than that. /[color=A1A1A1]End.Sarcasm

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

Do you honestly believe this statement?

Anonymous, and Facebook.
Can't get much more specific than that. /[color=A1A1A1]End.Sarcasm

Dude...I simply saw the video posted on facebook and posted it here. What's your point?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
i had not seen that video and i found it quite interesting. S+F for you for bringing it to my attention.

one thing i have noticed- whenever this occupation is referenced by any sort of media outlet, there are always comparisons to egypt.

"(the egyptian police's) end was the people's beginning."

i will say that the fact that anonymous was able to access the mace cop's personal info stikes a blow for their cause, and seems to indicate that their threat of taking them "down through the internet" could have some teeth, at least. i'd think that if anon hadn't exploited some vulnerability then NYPD didn't do too good of a job protecting its employee's info.

i am on anon's side in this war so long as delivered pizzas or chinese food are the only collateral damages. we have to rise above.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I would like to quote, mr John F. Kennedy

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."
John F. Kennedy, In a speech at the White House, 1962

You can only push people so far. I support #occupywallstreet, #occupyeverywhere. Its happening across the world, the protests in athens are also in #solidarity with #occupywallstreet.

This movement will grow. It already has, starting from 500 - 800 people, and now marching anywhere between 2k-4k people.. Thats pretty damn good for a week. And now Denver, LA, Portland, Toronto are all joining in too...

There is a lot of pissed off people, and this is their channel to change that.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by godWhisperer

doesn't look like its gonna get much attention. I think posting this in the morning was a bit too early for some atsers.

But eye you do bring a good point.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Yeah, its all about chaos, and rebellion against authority, laws, government, establishment, police etc.

Down with the system... Man!

Meanwhile, in Alabama today.....

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

Dude...I simply saw the video posted on facebook and posted it here.

Don't call me dude.

What's your point?

It should have been clear.

To those who are from Anonymous, is this a troll or legit?

[color=FFB696]From anonymous?? That is not possible.

[color=FFB696]troll or legit??

anonymous:

[color=CFECEC]1: of unknown authorship or origin

2: not named or identified

3: lacking individuality, distinction, or recognizability

legit:
Slang for; legitimate:

[color=CFECEC]1: lawfully begotten

2: being exactly as purposed

3: accordant with law or with established legal forms and requirements

4: conforming to recognized principles or accepted rules and standard.

[color=BFFFC6]Nothing that is released, or put forth, anonymously, can ever be legit.
Never has been, and never will be.
Those terms are contradicting to one another.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Wall Street protests enter 11th day

By Ed Payne, CNN
September 27, 2011 -- Updated 1128 GMT (1928 HKT)

edition.cnn.com/2011/09/27/business/wall-street-protests/

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

* The protest is being driven by social media
* Arrests total about 100 people
* Some protesters are accusing police of using excessive force
* Demonstrators have taken inspiration from the Arab Spring protests

(CNN) -- Protests to draw attention to the power of Wall Street firms in the United States and world economies will continue for an 11th straight day in lower Manhattan Tuesday.

"Our main concern is the way that democracy is hijacked through wealth inequality," said Patrick Bruner, a spokesman for the protest group Occupy Wall Street. Bruner said protestors plan to present a list of demands, though they don't know when or to whom they will present them to.

The group, taking its inspiration from the Arab Spring protests that swept through Africa and the Middle East, has taken up residence in a park in New York's Financial District, calling for 20,000 people to flood the area for a "few months" to press home their point. Social media fueled those uprisings in places like Egypt and Libya and organizers are hoping it will work in the United States too.

"The rich are getting away with a huge crime," documentary filmmaker Michael Moore said Monday on CNN's "Piers Morgan Tonight." "Nobody's been arrested on Wall Street for the crash of 2008. They're not paying their fair share of the taxes."

"I do well," Moore acknowledged, but "we reward people for making money off money, and moving money around and dividing up mortgages a thousand times over, selling it to China ... and it becomes this shell game."

Moore spoke to the protesters before appearing on CNN, telling them that he'll be happy when "the real people in this country are in charge" and he doesn't have to make another movie or write another book on what he sees as the social and political ills of America.

(...)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Ok Thank you for the lesson in grammar. I still don't see your point. I asked for other peoples opinions on the video. Would you like to address the video now? Or are you not done with my grammar mistake?

I don't get why the grammar attack. Other people clearly understood what I said and the point of this thread.

anywho doesn't matter just wanted to share what I found.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Ok Thank you for the lesson in grammar. I still don't see your point. I asked for other peoples opinions on the video. Would you like to address the video now? Or are you not done with my grammar mistake?

I don't get why the grammar attack. Other people clearly understood what I said and the point of this thread.

[color=F8FFC9]I made no mention of grammar, or of any errors. Nor did I ever say anything about not understanding a point. The ONLY part, within my posts in this thread, that could possibly even slightly resemble an attack, would be the statement of, "Don't call me dude." As far as I am concerned, that is a completely justifiable request. After all, my name is not 'dude.'

[color=E9FFE8]You asked a question, and then followed that question with your opinion.

Any thoughts? To those who are from Anonymous, is this a troll or legit?

My personal opinion: ..................................
[color=E9FFE8]All I did was to answer with my opinion.

[color=E9FFE8]Most of the people who frequent this site, are against many people who are in powerful positions, such as high ranking government officials, and many other powerful positions. Then on top of that, there are the invisible marionettes who are believed to be pulling the strings, controlling this entire planet from deep within its core, to the far reaches of space.

Due to that↑, many people have an overwhelming desire to find a 'superhero.' Partly, it has to do with comfort, and also to keep them from losing all hope. I actually do get that. I understand that some people even feel that they need it. However, I do not. Maybe that is because I gave up on hope years ago, or maybe not.

I do not see that invisible, yet mighty, superhero, that others see. When I see the word 'anonymous,' I see just that, a word, and nothing more. It is a word that people have been using since long ago, when they do not want others to know who they are. It is a word that is used as a sort of shield, or barrier, to hide behind. That is just fine.

This here would be my problem, but nonetheless, it just bugs me. Too many people, seem to quickly drop down onto their virtual knees, to lick on an anonymous lollipop, as soon as they see that word.

These same people, who distrust almost everyone who holds any sort of an authoritative position, will then immediately turn around and lick that lollipop, of someone, or something, that is completely invisible. In a way, the irony of it all, is actually quite amusing. People who trust nobody, when they know who it is, will turn around and lick on that lollipop, without even giving it a second thought, about who it actually is, who is holding that lollipop.

[color=B0E5FF]i.e. Nothing that is done anonymously, can ever be legit.

edit on 9/27/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Now you made sense, thanks for the post and thoughtful comment.

Star for that. And I agree, however sometimes we do need something to give us hope. But I believe that the main point is to realize, that we are that hope. No matter who it is, I think people just need to awaken through inspiration and by watching others.

That is the way I see it, but i can completely understand why you don't feel that way as well.

and you are right, Nothing posted on the net anonymously is "Legit".

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
http:///mPw9nu3V

Some details of the bankers have been leaked here!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Well apparently it's the same one.

Hello NYPD, We are Anonymous.
Around the internet, we have seen countless videos of your blatant disregard for first amendment rights.
Whether it be by tasering, macing, kettling, or otherwise physically harming those involved in the occupy wall street protests.

We will not stand idly by and let these misdeeds go unpunished.
We are hereby calling for an immediate apology and resignation of NYPD commissioner Raymond Kelley and the supervising officers involved.
We already know who they are, their information is a matter of public record.

And to those police officers that are "just following orders:"
We invite you to join us and stand with our cause in solidarity. An enemy of our enemy is our friend.
Join us.

If our demands are not met by october sixth, we will unleash hell on your phones, your servers, and anything else we can find.

We are anonymous.
We do not forgive.
We do not forget.
You have nine days.

October 6...
edit on 1-10-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

[color=B0E5FF]i.e. Nothing that is done anonymously, can ever be legit.

edit on 9/27/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

You made me sign in...................I just could not let the irony of your post slip by, you attempt to correct anothers post/ or reason for posting.......then you wrap it up with "Nothing that is done anonymously, can ever be legit."

are you not aware that you are posting ANONYMOUsly on the internet right now???

you see how i did that............sly in lower case..............get the point!!!
now, please play nice, and use that command of the english language that you possess to truly be a part of the solution, not the problem..

Parker MYUBY

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

If our demands are not met by october sixth, we will unleash hell on your phones, your servers, and anything else we can find.

Only a few days left to find out what's going to happen.

I wonder if this is why JP Morgan is donating to the NYPD? They may need better security with their computer infrastructure?
Here's a link to that thread if anyone's interested:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ParkerCramer

You made me sign in
That would be your fault, not mine.
Accept the responsibility for your actions.
Don't blame me for your problems.

I just could not let the irony of your post slip by,
So you couldn't resist signing in, just to share your ignorant misinterpretation of my post, with me? Odd. Very odd.

you attempt to correct anothers post/ or reason for posting
Are you sure about that? Find it. Show me where I made this attempt.

then you wrap it up with "Nothing that is done anonymously, can ever be legit."
[color=D5E3F2]Ok, now you're starting to make sense.

Ooops. Silly me. That wasn't you making sense. Those are my words. You almost slid that one past me. You are a sly one.

So what's your point? Seriously, you should try a little bit harder next time. Your argument is so weak, that I have no clue what it is that you're actually arguing about. If you think that statement of mine is incorrect, then prove it. Tell why that statement is incorrect.

If you think it is a correct statement (which it is), then [color=ACDFF2]what the hell are you arguing about?

are you not aware that you are posting ANONYMOUsly on the internet right now???
Common sense. I bet you had it at one time, in the past. You should search for it. It comes in handy, every now and then.

I am not fully anonymous. I have a user name that I have used for quite some time now. Personally, I have never come across anybody else using this same username.

[color=8AB9FF]Regardless of that though, why do I need to be 'legit'?? I am not trying to start a digital revolution, out of an army of faceless followers, who drop down on their virtual knees, drooling profusely, as they bow down before me.

you see how i did that............sly in lower case..............get the point!!!
now, please play nice, and use that command of the english language that you possess to truly be a part of the solution, not the problem..
huh?

get the point!!!
Don't tell me what do. If you want to make a point, then I'll come back later, and see if you did. You can't just tell me to 'get the point!!' and then suddenly there is a point. Points need to be made, not demanded. Good try anyways. Better luck next time.

Here ya go. You can have it. I found it on the sidewalk outside. I am not sure where it came from, so I want nothing to do with it. I can see that you don't mind not knowing though, so lick away.

lick lick lick lick lick away.

edit on 10/1/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join