It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Your homosexual devil’. God apparently won't tolerate it. Neither will Pastor Damon Thompson

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Partisanity

Originally posted by Gseven

Furthermore, it's absurd to try and pin someone's suicide on another. Yes, there are extenuating circumstances, and people are harassed and depressed and commit suicide. But good grief...who HASN'T been harassed, made fun of, ridiculed, or even felt depression in their life??? That's life.

I can see why you don't understand. You don't have to worry about walking down the street, people wont ridecule you or give you dirty looks or verbally snare you to "make a point".

You're obviously much more ignorant than you're willing to admit.

To say that everyone faces the same social trials as homosexuals is nothing short of idiotic and renders the rest of your post not even remotely worth reading.
edit on 27-9-2011 by Partisanity because: (no reason given)

No, I understood perfectly well. To imply that everyone who doesn't agree with homosexuality is automatically thrust into the same category as thugs who would do or say terrible things...that's the issue I have a problem with. You, my friend, are the one who doesn't understand.

And how in the world do strangers ridicule a gay person by just walking down a street, unless they're wearing an "I'm gay" sign? Here's another issue...if people have a problem with others accepting or not accepting who they are, then why flaunt their personal business? Everyone....and I do mean EVERYONE....faces the same exact issues with acceptance in different facets of their lives, gay or not. If you are the type of person who cannot take rejection or ridicule, then don't put it out there, because guess what? Not everyone is going to like you, or like what you do. That's not just a gay issue, that's a human issue. My parents clued me in on that when I was young, and even now, as I get older, I think twice about the things I consider putting out into my peer group. If I want acceptance, I know exactly who to go to. I want constructive criticism, I know exactly who to go to. If I want ridicule, then I put my stuff on display and throw a fit if everyone doesn't like it.

Parents aren't teaching their children that no matter who they are or what they choose to do in life, there will ALWAYS be people there trying to hold you back, hold you down, and not accept you. You will NEVER be able to change this, and the only thing you DO have control over is how you react to it....period. THIS IS NOT JUST A GAY ISSUE! Gay people need to stop walking around with a chip on their shoulder, insisting that everyone accept and support the gay lifestyle. To do so, would be to ask those people to relinquish the same rights you are afforded by your chosen lifestyle. People have rights to their opinions...period. They have rights to their beliefs...period. All you can control is how you respond to it and how you let it affect you....period.

That is the same advice given to ANYONE who deals with people who don't accept them. Gay people think they're the only ones on the planet who have dealt with adversity. Give me a break. This is life!! No one said life would be easy, but we have the choice to make it harder or not by our actions and reactions to things.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
reply to post by Gravity215

Are you implying that I'm gay? If you are, then you know something about me that I don't know; it's really quite amazing. In any case, amongst certain religious sects, his stance does represent the norm. Also, being from the deep South of the U.S., I assure you that this gentleman's attitude is a lot more common that many care to admit.

I think that perhaps the preacher.....(protests too much). I think that perhaps...he has (intimate closet encounters) with many men.....I think that perhaps he preaches about and against (his dirty little secret)......as a coverup for what he is really doing.

I think this preacher missed the sermon Jesus gave about being "fishers of men". You don't scare away the fish if you hope to catch any. I think that first clip he was way too harsh and i could feel the hate and disgust roll right off of him.

He is right in regards that the Holy Spirit will not share His temple with any other spirits. God did destroy 2 cities for their wickidness and sexual immorality, he sent 2 angels there to test them and they failed with Lot and his daughters being the only ones to escape.

Personally if i was trying to preach to gay kids, i wouldn't force them to come out in front of everyone. Confessing your sins means you confess them to Jesus, not everyone standing in the room with you. Your confessions are between you and the Lord and no one else. There is no problems praying to the Lord to save you standing out in the crowd while everyones head is bowed in prayer.

Everytime this guy said the word "queer" i actually winced. This guy isn't listening to the Holy Spirit or his words wouldnt be dripping venom, but kindness and forgiveness. Hate is as much a tool of Satan as is sexual immorality.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

No, I understood perfectly well. To imply that everyone who doesn't agree with homosexuality is automatically thrust into the same category as thugs who would do or say terrible things...that's the issue I have a problem with. You, my friend, are the one who doesn't understand.

Is this directed to me? More proof that you haven't the slightest clue what you're arguing about. I never said you were in the same category as some "thug", I said you're ignorant, which is rather obvious.

And how in the world do strangers ridicule a gay person by just walking down a street, unless they're wearing an "I'm gay" sign? Here's another issue...if people have a problem with others accepting or not accepting who they are, then why flaunt their personal business?

And here's where I stop reading again because your post is incredibly moronic. Getting groceries together is often enough, holding hands on a park bench, bottle-feeding their adopted children. You don't have to have a shirt for it to be recognized, you can't be serious, I mean... really??????

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
reply to post by orbitbaby

Homosexuals do most of the child molesting.

There is that, but i think pedophilia is in a league of it's own. The fact that youre having sex with little kids suggests that you have major issues, same gender or not.

I heard of a case 4 years ago in california where a pedophile sexually molested a 6 month old babygirl and she hemorraghed and died. I know if that was my kid, i wouldn't be able to stop myself from killing him even though i am a christian. Lord forgive me i wouldn't be able to stop myself, even if it cost me my life i would die in the attempt. I would be compelled to dive at him and ring the life from his neck.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Is this directed to me? More proof that you haven't the slightest clue what you're arguing about. I never said you were in the same category as some "thug", I said you're ignorant, which is rather obvious.

And how in the world do strangers ridicule a gay person by just walking down a street, unless they're wearing an "I'm gay" sign? Here's another issue...if people have a problem with others accepting or not accepting who they are, then why flaunt their personal business?

And here's where I stop reading again because your post is incredibly moronic. Getting groceries together is often enough, holding hands on a park bench, bottle-feeding their adopted children. You don't have to have a shirt for it to be recognized, you can't be serious, I mean... really??????

Here again, the natural combativeness comes out, and I didn't attack anyone. Here's where I graciously say, I've made my point, take it or leave it. I wish you well, but the argument isn't with me or even my opinion. The issue is with how you or anyone else chooses to deal with those who oppose you in life, whether it be your sexuality or anything else. If someone breaks the law and harms you physically, then that's another story all together, but we're not talking about that. We're talking about opinions. Gay opinions versus religious opinions. Both have rights to think and act within the confines of the laws of our land, and so they do. How each side chooses to react to the other is what makes or breaks your own happiness. It couldn't be any more clearer than that.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I must have posted this two times in two other threads, and I really don't want to explain it again in its entirety so I'll be brief here: stop commenting on homo/bisexuality if you are not a homo/bisexual. You have NO IDEA how it's like. It is NOT A CHOICE, it is not something you can just pray away. It is absolutely an attraction to those of the same gender, and unfortunately, there's nothing the gays/bis can do about it.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Here's where I graciously say, I've made my point, take it or leave it. I wish you well, but the argument isn't with me or even my opinion.

No, you're quite wrong, the argument is very much against the "opinion" that you uphold that you think gay people are subjected to just equal or lesser ridicule as heterosexuals -- these are trials that EVERYONE deals with. Therefore, you are flat out WRONG, and you "point" falls flat, because you don't know what you're talking about.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ForeverDusk
I must have posted this two times in two other threads, and I really don't want to explain it again in its entirety so I'll be brief here: stop commenting on homo/bisexuality if you are not a homo/bisexual. You have NO IDEA how it's like. It is NOT A CHOICE, it is not something you can just pray away. It is absolutely an attraction to those of the same gender, and unfortunately, there's nothing the gays/bis can do about it.

For the sake of the conversation only, and not MY argument, I will point out a flaw in your statement. While homosexuals believe they have no choice, there is no solid proof of this being 100% in every case, straight across the board, and there is no way to prove this unless every person received a genetic test, which is still questionable in many scientific circles. So any Tom, Dick and Harry can say they are gay and "have no choice". All we have is your word.

Equally, Christians can emphatically state that demons are to blame. There is no way to prove this. All we have is their word.

Both sides make claims without concrete proof. When is enough, enough? The OP and the posted video really has nothing to do with any of us, so why are people arguing about it? It makes no sense, whatsoever.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I'm gay and I can tell you that a guy with a beard and a bad attitude is most likely gay. He looks it, smells it and I'm sure he is calling gay youth up to the podium for his own lustful needs.

Kinda sounds like Warren Jeff's (LDS) with a twist. He is gay. Gaydar went off the cliff.

Hate has got to stop.

Edited to add: Pedophilia must stop as well. That is exactly what this man is doing. If you can not see it, you are blind.
edit on 27-9-2011 by brilab45 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Here's where I graciously say, I've made my point, take it or leave it. I wish you well, but the argument isn't with me or even my opinion.

No, you're quite wrong, the argument is very much against the "opinion" that you uphold that you think gay people are subjected to just equal or lesser ridicule as heterosexuals -- these are trials that EVERYONE deals with. Therefore, you are flat out WRONG, and you "point" falls flat, because you don't know what you're talking about.

You obviously didn't read what I wrote. Go back and read. What I said, was that ridicule and non-acceptance is a part of LIFE and NOT limited to just gays. If you honestly believe you are that special and think that no one has walked in those shoes of being different in some capacity, or had to deal with adversity or ridicule, then there's nothing more for me to say. You are content with being bitter and short-sighted. It's not my happiness you're robbing, it's yours, and it's your choice how you choose to react to others. We all have those same exact choices every single day, whether you want to believe it or not.

If you want to live your life letting the opinions of others affect your every mood and step, then I won't stop you. It's sad, and a miserable way to live, but that's your choice.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

If you want to live your life letting the opinions of others affect your every mood and step, then I won't stop you. It's sad, and a miserable way to live, but that's your choice.

If we're still talking about kids and suicide rates... I'm pretty sure they will care a lot about how accepting the student body that they are forced to go to treats them on a regular basis, regardless of your "superior philosophical insight".

You speak like someone who has never had food whipped at them every day of their lives, therefore your opinion hold little value, because you don't know what you're talking about when you say "just deal with it, bratty kid!"

Get over yourself, please.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I love how everyone ignored my video about the ugandan "Kill gays" bill.

It states that all gays and their familes and all who associate or hide gays, will be killed.

This was almost passed on may 12 2011.

This is what you haters and religous gaybashers do.
Kill.Innocent.People.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Originally posted by Gravity215

"unusual, but not impossible"

Did you even read what you quoted?

yes I read it. Which is why I responded to it.

And my response is the same. It is not unusual for a straight person to make a thread in support of gay people. To suggest that is like saying it is unusual for a white person to support civil rights because they could sit anywhere they wanted on the bus....

In other words, to suggest what you have... Which is that the OP is gay because they made a thread in support of gay people,Is just... silly. To say the least.

Would you suggest an OP was black if they made a thread about civil rights? What would you think of a poster who spoke out against child abuse? Do you think they are a 5 year old?

Way to completely miss the point. The OP is not gay and supporting gay rights and speaking out against discrimination against gay people does not make a person gay. Okay? Okay.

But thanks for the laugh in suggesting such a ridiculous notion.

Peace and love.
edit on 27-9-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

Just to point out the some comments made by gay people in this thread which support my opinion.

I'm gay and I can tell you that a guy with a beard and a bad attitude is most likely gay. He looks it, smells it and I'm sure he is calling gay youth up to the podium for his own lustful needs.

The fact that you only chose to respond to my comment says a lot. This suggests that its okay for gay people to say only gay people should talk about these matters OR suggest somebody is gay?

It also shows that it is not just my opinion.

edit on 27-9-2011 by Gravity215 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
No, it just gets annoying when people tell you you can change. Imagine if you where diabetic and people where all like "oh you can just CHANGE" Its a CHOICE. Same deal.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Gravity215

This guy is sick. I have been brutally been a victim of his type. It does not take much to add 2 + 2. Go on your own crusade. Support these sick people. He is sick. You just love the hatred. Very Christian of you.

Guiding gay youth into the churches public view is akin to identify a person in which this evil human can violate. The science is easy.

edit on 27-9-2011 by brilab45 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by spw184
No, it just gets annoying when people tell you you can change. Imagine if you where diabetic and people where all like "oh you can just CHANGE" Its a CHOICE. Same deal.

Except that would be a more reasonable situation, diabetes usually means that you ate your way into a disease. There is nothing proven to do anything but throw a guise over your homosexual thoughts.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Except that would be a more reasonable situation, diabetes usually means that you ate your way into a disease. There is nothing proven to do anything but throw a guise over your homosexual thoughts.

>_> NOT TRUEEE!!! I mean the ate your way to disease, that only means type two... type one is genetic.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Have you ever noticed how mad gays always are?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by discharged77

When they are violated they are. Ever been violated? It's more than upsetting. It is a life scar.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I love how everyone ignored my video about the ugandan "Kill gays" bill.

It states that all gays and their familes and all who associate or hide gays, will be killed.

This was almost passed on may 12 2011.

This is what you haters and religous gaybashers do.
Kill.Innocent.People.
This is the kind of BS you gays always throw around. You cant just go around saying that everyone that does not agree with your lifestyle wants to kill you or do you harm. Its old and it will win you no sympathy in the end.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join