It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Your homosexual devil’. God apparently won't tolerate it. Neither will Pastor Damon Thompson

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by mademyself1984
However, in order to practice Christianity you can't be homosexual...that doesn't make me intolerant.

No, it makes you ignorant.

www.gaycatholicforum.org...

^ Lots of gay people practice Christianity. Many of whom are ordained priests.

It is intolerant for you to generalize Christians as people who spread hate for practicing what they preach. It isn't intolerant for a Christian to think homosexuality is a sin.

I didn't. I said that religion spreads hatred fear and war. Not people. The religion.

It is intolerant for a Christian to treat someone differently, or shun them, or belittle them because of their homosexuality.

Yes it is. It is also mean, ugly, and bully like behavior. Glad we agree. But again, I was talking about the religion. Not people.

I've never been in a Church where "hate" was being preached.
They exist, in every religion.

I've been in plenty that teach love and kindness. I'm not a devout Bible thumping Christian. I have my hangups. I've had me some pre-marital sex, I've smoked some mary jane, I like to drink some beer, and at times I curse like a sailor. But I've ALWAYS been accepted at my Church,

Awesome. Stand up in church and tell them you are gay ( I know you are not).... See what you think of being told how shameful it is for you to be gay, how wrong it is... see if you don't feel any hatred. I know I would if I were gay and had to listen to some one tell me how wrong and shameful it is. That it is a sin and I am going to hell unless I change something I can't change?

I would feel really damn hated. By that person and by the religion, and if I believed... Maybe even by God him/her/itself.

Side note...If there is a God... He has to be a guy.No woman could ever mess things up this bad.( Paraphrasing George Carlin there )

edit on 27-9-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by mademyself1984
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Anyways my friend, it's been a great debate, glad somebody was awake to converse with! You raise several good points regarding religion and homosexuality, however I still don't believe Christianity is spewing hate. Hell, my experience with growing up in a church going family is probably what led me to be so tolerant of people of all shapes, sizes, colors, and sexual preferences. Anyways, I like a good conversation with thought out opinions and do not take personally anything I say. I don't know you (you are a screen name on a computer screen) It's been entertaining and I hope you have a fantastic day. I've gotta get ready for work, cheers!

Absolutely. I always love a good debate and it is pretty rare that people can talk religion and not get ugly, so thank you for that.

For what it is worth I do believe in God and an after life.... Well, I guess I am agnostic really. I just can't seem to find any religion that I agree with at all. Closest I have come is Buddhism.

Oh and no worries. I never take anything personal, that is said here. My skin is way to thick for that. being a mod here for two years took care of that.

You have the right attitude with me being just a username.. The way I look at it...It is all just pixels on a screen. Nothing to get worked up about.

I have been up all night ( Not a big fan of sleep.... Long story).

So I guess I will try to get some rest.

Peace and love.
edit on 27-9-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
You know, I wasn't going to post in this thread, because it's always the same story, but I had a thought I'd pass along.

First, my opinions don't really matter, and that's a big point...people get too wrapped up either attacking others or defending what they think or say. Own it! Who gives a crap if anyone agrees with you or not! When did it become a crime to disagree with a particular lifestyle in a respectful way? I see far more Christian/religion bashing on this website than I see gay bashing....if that isn't the pot calling the kettle black, I don't know what is. Even the mere mention of scripture or anything remotely religious in nature, and the thread quickly turns verbally violent. Judge not lest you be judged...basically, that's just a simple way of saying karma sucks if you're going to do something crappy to someone else, because it will be returned to you in full measure. The judging goes both ways.

I see more and more homosexuals spewing the "if you're not with us, you must be against us" line...we've all heard that line before, haven't we? Kind of ironic, actually.

Second, the radio host was full of it. He took the entire video out of context. Nobody forced those kids to be there, and nobody forced them to come forward at the end. Anyone who has ever been to a Baptist sermon knows that the end is the chance to come forward and make things right....no different than a Catholic going to confession. Who are you to judge what those kids may or may not have been feeling? I find it appalling that anyone would try to invalidate them or their sincerity. Perhaps, for them, their spirituality is more important than their physical desires. They wouldn't be the first ones to denounce their physical desires in pursuit of something bigger. Monks, nuns, and holy men and women all over the world have been doing that since the beginning of time. Why, just because these kids have homosexual drives, is it somehow a tragic thing and blamed on the "hate" of a pastor who is clearly doing what he believes is right for their souls? Whether you believe what he believes or not, it's not for you or the radio host to decide. If anything, the only one spewing hate is the radio host, because all those people were participating out of their own free will.

The point is, live and let live. Let people agree, but more importantly, let people disagree and stop trying to manipulate them into agreeing by accusing them of hatred. I agree with the other poster who stated that homosexuals and Christians will never agree...so be it. So what's the big deal?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gseven
The point is, live and let live. Let people agree, but more importantly, let people disagree and stop trying to manipulate them into agreeing by accusing them of hatred. I agree with the other poster who stated that homosexuals and Christians will never agree...so be it.

Oh please, opinions are based on things that cannot be solid fact. All gay people will give you the same answer, and then to turn around and tell them that their entire lives are wrong and that is "your opinion" is beyond stupid. Learn what an opinion is, it's certainly not a lease on sheer ignorance and deflecting every argument that proves it wrong as if it never existed.

So what's the big deal?

Epidemic child suicide rates among homosexual youth...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Partisanity

I also find it interesting that they say that homosexuals and Christians will never agree, thus implying that those Christians who either accept homosexuality or just plain don't care either way are not "real" Christians.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Partisanity

Gads you two people arn't even gay and you sound like two tops arguing over who's going to be the bottom for the evening. Yeah I know i'll probably get censored for saying this but I live with this stuff everyday and have for my entire life. ::just shakes head::

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Originally posted by Gravity215

I would be unusual, but not impossible, for a straight person to make a post about the injustice that some people make to gay people.

Why would it be unusual for a straight person to make a thread about the unjust treatment of gay people?

That is like saying it was unusual for white people to support civil rights because they could sit anywhere they wanted on the bus....

Your continual suggestion that the OP is gay because they made a thread about how gay people are often discriminated against, makes you look like a fool.

You want to talk about Anti-Christian Sentiment? Religion as a whole is BS and despite it's teachings of love, tolerance and acceptance, only spreads fear, hatred and war.

Am I gay now to, for speaking out in support of gay people?

"unusual, but not impossible"

Did you even read what you quoted?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gravity215

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
reply to post by Gravity215

Are you implying that I'm gay? If you are, then you know something about me that I don't know; it's really quite amazing. In any case, amongst certain religious sects, his stance does represent the norm. Also, being from the deep South of the U.S., I assure you that this gentleman's attitude is a lot more common that many care to admit.

I would be unusual, but not impossible, for a straight person to make a post about the injustice that some people make to gay people.

You sound exactly like every one of my friends who is gay, oh the pain, its so hard to be gay. Personally i think those starving people in Africa or people going through chemotherapy,etc have it hard and that everybody has social problems be they big nor small, but hey, the squeaky wheel gets the oil right.

You called this man a fine example of Christianity and hence you made a generalization.

I could just as easily post a video of some flaming cross dresser gay people doing something extremely inappropriate or immoral and then say... another great example of gay people out of control. If i did this would be equally as inappropriate.

This in essence is what you have done in order to provoke anti Christian sentiment. And judging by some of the responses here, its worked well.

Bro, climb out of your hole. It is UNUSUAL for a staight person to write in defense of gay people? I guess JK Rowling really is crazy for writing as a boy.

CK

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

That is like saying it was unusual for white people to support civil rights because they could sit anywhere they wanted on the bus....

Not at all.

Your continual suggestion that the OP is gay because they made a thread about how gay people are often discriminated against, makes you look like a fool.

By continual suggestion you mean, once where i assumed he was gay because he sounded exactly like a gay friend of mine.

You want to talk about Anti-Christian Sentiment? Religion as a whole is BS and despite it's teachings of love, tolerance and acceptance, only spreads fear, hatred and war.

Now you are a fool,making broad and ridiculous statements such as this. I'm not really interested in debating this, point being evidently, however this statement is evidence you have absolutely no understanding of the subject matter or the ability to even read the posts your replying to.

Am I gay now to, for speaking out in support of gay people?

Whatever floats your boat. Unfortunately you totally ignored the content of my post, that being the OP was making generalizations and pointing out that this video is not the norm but an extreme.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
All this time, I thought God created us in his image.

All this time, I thought God was perfect.

Now you tell me God made a mistake !!!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by hdutton
All this time, I thought God created us in his image.

All this time, I thought God was perfect.

Now you tell me God made a mistake !!!

These is a common misconception made by those who have never actually read the bible. If you want to get technical about it, the bible states that god created Adam in his own image. Adam was perfect and was not subject to death. He was also given free will.

As a result of original sin, Adam was changed and became subject to death. And hence he was no longer perfect. The bible then says that Adam and Eve created there own children.

The questions really are the definition of perfect. It was most likely genetically perfect to remain constant with the theme of the story, but who knows exactly what it was intended to mean. If he was mentally perfect he would not have committed the sin right.

Finally in order to no longer be immune to death, he would have to have been genetically changed or at least something new introduced to his psychical body or environment.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

By continual suggestion you mean, once where i assumed he was gay because he sounded exactly like a gay friend of mine.

Yes, that insinutation. Did you know you sound just like a gay friend of mine? Are you gay?

CJ

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

Yes, that insinutation. Did you know you sound just like a gay friend of mine? Are you gay?

CJ

Wow, the tolerance police are very intolerance today, by taking my ASSUMPTION as an insult or accusation of some sort, you are only showing your true colours.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Then you are saying "to be gay" is a genetic disposition ?

If this is true, how can anyone be against someone else being "gay" as they are born to be so ?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Lets take a look at the elephant in the room. Gay tendencies and being gay are two different things. Sure, it may be possible that genetics play a role in gay tendencies, yet the person still makes a conscious decision to act out on those thoughts.

If I have a genetic disposition that makes me more likely to kill people, would you say that I had no choice because I was a natural born killer?

The fact remains, acting gay and engaging in homosexual acts is a conscious decision. To say otherwise implies that gays cant control their urges. Gays can lie to themselves all they want, the fact remains, its a decision to be gay.

The genetic disposition is just an excuse to justify their gay behavior.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by hdutton

Then you are saying "to be gay" is a genetic disposition ?

If this is true, how can anyone be against someone else being "gay" as they are born to be so ?

I'm not saying anything of the sort. I was merely pointing out the lack of logic in the response based on what the Torah actually says.

But if you want to know my opinion about the nature of homosexuality, I would think it is not genetically passed on, or at least in the pre-civilized world, homosexuals did not pass on genetic material.

That would probably suggest that it is not a genetic variance and more likely a result of either the environment be it prenatal as a video somebody showed earlier in this thread, or postnatal in the form of some kind of psychological or physiological factor.

As much as people love to associate lack of believe in the choice of sexuality with religion, I would defer to Natural selection as being your number one adversary in the genetic argument.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

God doesnt hate gay people, He hates their sin. He's more than willing to forgive them if they stop their sin, but they won't because they are fooled into believing they were born that way.

Homosexuality is a sin, its just the way it is. It's not my place to say if gay people are allowed into heaven for only the Lord is to be the final judge on Judgement Day, not me, but whatever is in the bible is the truth and Jesus said he has come to fulfill the Old Law, not to do away with it. If your heart is telling you to repent then you better heed that message, God has infinite patience, but He has no tolerance when it comes to sin, sin gets destroyed in His presence.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
Another thing is that being gay is NOT a choice, despite what some people think.

So you're saying that someone didn't make a conscious decision to put their penis in another mans anus? Or vice versa? It just "happened?"

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
If people want to be gay so be it, its their life to do what they want. That being said, why are they bullying the majority into accepting their behavior? Now after how many hundreds of years we have to all of a sudden agree with this lifestyle in the name of "progress"? Its laughable at best.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Religion suckssss, love rules!

Stay in the dark or turn on the light!

Oppression is a bad thing people!
HATE isn't what God wants you to feel!

It's as simple as that!

!!!!

ok i'm better now...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>