It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Your homosexual devil’. God apparently won't tolerate it. Neither will Pastor Damon Thompson

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Such a wonderful example of Christians love.

Link to vid

God apparently won't live in a house with "your homosexual devil". I think that this guy needs to talk to the gay kids that are know they're gay when before they even hit double-digits. He really thinks that a kid that young can get a "gay devil"? lol

This guy is a total nut, it seems to me. As proof, I submit another video:

edit on 27-9-2011 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

Why do gay people always focus on the extreme and use it as an example of the mean.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gravity215

Why do gay people always focus on the extreme and use it as an example of the mean.

Are you saying the OP is gay?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
sure sounds like pastor's projecting his hate of his own past lusty homosexuality as a 'devil'

to feel better about himself and removed from whats bothering him

thats usually the case.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   

by watching your video, i found another interesting view:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Yep, I've seen that one. Very informative and concise, and it makes some pretty good points.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Gravity215

Are you implying that I'm gay? If you are, then you know something about me that I don't know; it's really quite amazing. In any case, amongst certain religious sects, his stance does represent the norm. Also, being from the deep South of the U.S., I assure you that this gentleman's attitude is a lot more common that many care to admit.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck

Are you implying that I'm gay? If you are, then you know something about me that I don't know; it's really quite amazing. In any case, amongst certain religious sects, his stance does represent the norm. Also, being from the deep South of the U.S., I assure you that this gentleman's attitude is a lot more common that many care to admit.

I think that perhaps the preacher.....(protests too much). I think that perhaps...he has (intimate closet encounters) with many men.....I think that perhaps he preaches about and against (his dirty little secret)......as a coverup for what he is really doing.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Ive been gay for 49 years, its not something to be ashamed of, or hidden from. Its the way I am. Just like some folks are born different colors. Theres nothing wrong about it. Those that say there is are just in self denial, and are programmed haters. One of the bible thumpers which if they notice even there jesus went to a party of homesexuals and had a good time. So if there jesus has no problem with it then you wonder why they would. Well its all part of the program, and anyone speaking differently or acting differently from the program are considered bad. In fact one of the subsets written into the program covers the whole religious arena, which makes folks angry if you say anything at all against there chosen religion. I'm not angry that close minded programed sheeple are still being lead by the nose and told what to believe from birth. In fact I pity them, for there still slaves to one form of master and still haven't broken the program, and only hate.

I pity you.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Such a wonderful example of Christians love.

Link to vid

God apparently won't live in a house with "your homosexual devil". I think that this guy needs to talk to the gay kids that are know they're gay when before they even hit double-digits. He really thinks that a kid that young can get a "gay devil"? lol

This guy is a total nut, it seems to me. As proof, I submit another video:

Sorry...I'm not saying the guy is going about his duties as a pastor in the best of manners however he is a pastor, and this is a church he is preaching in...now, to discredit your little radio show hosts. At what point did he "throw kids out of church"? I didn't see that? I saw him have an alter call, which is fairly common on at any Sunday worship. Whether it is people battling drugs, infidelity, a disease or illness or injury, or...in this case, homosexuality. See...they conveniently didn't show the part, after he called them to the alter, where those teenagers are being prayed for to be forgiven for their sins, be given the grace of God, and inviting Jesus into their hearts...sorry. You and the radio hosts have pulled this entire video out of context. Yeah, the guy screaming queer every fifteen seconds would drive me nuts as a Christian...and I probably would leave that sermon and not return to his church. But all in all, this guy isn't preaching hate or "throwing kids out of church"....

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   

I would be unusual, but not impossible, for a straight person to make a post about the injustice that some people make to gay people.

You sound exactly like every one of my friends who is gay, oh the pain, its so hard to be gay. Personally i think those starving people in Africa or people going through chemotherapy,etc have it hard and that everybody has social problems be they big nor small, but hey, the squeaky wheel gets the oil right.

You called this man a fine example of Christianity and hence you made a generalization.

I could just as easily post a video of some flaming cross dresser gay people doing something extremely inappropriate or immoral and then say... another great example of gay people out of control. If i did this would be equally as inappropriate.

This in essence is what you have done in order to provoke anti Christian sentiment. And judging by some of the responses here, its worked well.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
And, my previous post being said. I'm not highly religious and I do not care if someone is homosexual. I was simply pointing out the way Church works...I know a lot of homosexuals and I'm not going to debate if it was a choice or something they were born into, it doesn't really matter. My cousin is Gay, I don't care why or how, and the only thing I've ever said to him about it was that I was proud of him for having the courage to come out and be himself, and not live in the shadow of what his peers consider right or wrong. I love my cousin no more or less than I love my parents, my siblings, my children, and so on. My post was only implying that that first video was taken entirely out of context. However, the second video I thought was very informative, I had never seen it before, and I appreciate it's value to people that are in fact bigots (if they'd take the time to watch it they'd learn something.)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Whats really sad is that these preachers that get on the bandwagon
condemning homosexuality, are usually the ones molesting little boys.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Weren't we talking the other day in a thread about how homophobic people are the way they are because they most likely have homosexual thoughts that they have yet to act upon? It may not have been on the forum, but it was a good conversation and the logic used was very good, and we had concluded that this type of extremism is indicative of some underlying condition, although not necessarily sexually oriented.

Either way, this man is still a walking, talking, breathing contradiction. I just don't understand how he cannot see that. Another thing is that being gay is NOT a choice, despite what some people think. I don't know if science has attempted to address the topic, but I assume homosexuality to be some recessive genetic mutation that causes an individual of one sex to be physically attracted to members of that same sex.

I mean think about it. Attraction isn't a choice, as it is an evolutionary tool used to propagate and continue the survival of our species, so saying someone is CHOOSING to be gay is completely disregarding their PRIMAL INSTINCTS, of which they have no control.

I guarantee you that is the smartest thing I have said all day, and although these are my own conclusions, I am sure I am not the first to independently discover them. So, being gay = either a genetic mutation/deficiency, or some other natural occurrence, so that means that it cannot be "wrong" in the eyes of Christians...

Reason being that Christians believe in creationism, and why would God create someone who is gay if it were wrong? THAT is something that cannot be refuted. I know that is a bold statement, but I am confident that I am right, and would love to debate these points if someone is willing. PM me though if you try to refute me, because otherwise I will not come back to this thread.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by orbitbaby
Whats really sad is that these preachers that get on the bandwagon
condemning homosexuality, are usually the ones molesting little boys.

That's a pretty hasty generalization. For every twisted and pathetic monster of a preacher, there are 100 more that genuinely love and care about everyone. You might not be a Christian, you might detest religion all together, but the church I was raised in, our pastor loved the world. He didn't pray for just me, or just the congregation, or just his missionaries. He prayed for the world. Most pastors, I would be inclined to believe, are this way. Homosexuality is preached against in every Christian church, because that is the way the Bible says Christianity is to be taught. Unfairness, or inequality might mean something in school, or the workplace, or the military, or the courtroom, but it absolutely will never, nor should it ever, mean something in religion. And that, is why this preacher (although certainly a little "different" in his style of preaching), is hammering on homosexuality. Because he genuinely believes it to be a sin, and he genuinely wants to help people avoid an eternity in hell. Just because you don't like it doesn't make Christians assholes, and in most cases, it only makes them Christians.Those kids he called to the alter, he genuinely believes he is helping, and those kids are in church and going to the alter, because at least at that moment in time, they genuinely believe they are being born again in the name of Christ. You can't condemn Christians and expect Christians not to condemn homosexuality. Again, as a disclaimer, because I've participated in threads about homosexuality before, and somebody always takes what I say out of context, I have no problems with homosexuality. I don't agree with it. I don't like it. I also don't think homosexuals should NOT be afforded the same basic rights as any straight person. I'm good friends with several homosexuals. I'm related to two openly gay men. One being my Uncle who passed away from AIDS in the 80's and the other my cousin, who has been openly gay for over a year (coincidentally, his mom, my Aunt, named him after my gay Uncle that died of the AIDS virus, and when I told my cousin I was proud of him for his decision and courage to be who he is regardless of what anyone else might think, to include family, he told me he felt that he was born that way because a little bit of his Mom's Brother, his Uncle, was living through him) and I've met his partner, who is actually a pretty cool dude and a regular at family functions. People need to stop mixing faith and homosexuality. Homosexuals will never agree with Christianity. Christianity will never agree with homosexuality. So let's all stop trying to make a connection and just accept that we are all who we all are.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

Why would God create murderers, adulterers, pedophiles, rapists, drug dealers....see where I'm going with this? Christians don't accept homosexuality because it is homosexuality. I don't disagree with or dislike the practice of homosexuality because I'm a "homophobe" and it certainly isn't because I "am in the closet and hiding my own feelings or desires". It's because I'm a Christian and as a practicing Christian homosexuality is a sin. I can't think of one Christian I've ever heard say "well it has to be a choice because God wouldn't have made them that way"......sure he would have. If I believe God made you and me alike, he made us the way he made us. And he'll judge us based on the lives we lead. That being said, the only differences between me and you is I'm a straight Christian and you are a homosexual non-christian. So why should you pass judgment on me? Why should I pass judgment on you? If you say "this about Christians" and I say "that about homosexuals" what's the difference? You are just as intolerant as anyone else.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   

I would be unusual, but not impossible, for a straight person to make a post about the injustice that some people make to gay people.

Why would it be unusual for a straight person to make a thread about the unjust treatment of gay people?

That is like saying it was unusual for white people to support civil rights because they could sit anywhere they wanted on the bus....

Your continual suggestion that the OP is gay because they made a thread about how gay people are often discriminated against, makes you look like a fool.

You want to talk about Anti-Christian Sentiment? Religion as a whole is BS and despite it's teachings of love, tolerance and acceptance, only spreads fear, hatred and war.

Am I gay now to, for speaking out in support of gay people?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mademyself1984
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

Why would God create murderers, adulterers, pedophiles, rapists, drug dealers....see where I'm going with this?

And which one of those could God have put in as a form of humane, natural population control? How many times has the "Word of God" been warped to suit human interest... even IN the Bible itself? How many times did the word "homosexual" appear in the Bible before the 50s?

How many "Christians" have researched the book themselves instead of clinging to other peoples' "interpretations" of it?
edit on 27-9-2011 by Partisanity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Why would it be unusual for a straight person to make a thread about the unjust treatment of gay people?

That is like saying it was unusual for white people to support civil rights because they could sit anywhere they wanted on the bus....

Your continual suggestion that the OP is gay because they made a thread about how gay people are often discriminated against, makes you look like a fool.

You want to talk about Anti-Christian Sentiment? Religion as a whole is BS and despite it's teachings of love, tolerance and acceptance, only spreads fear, hatred and war.

Am I gay now to, for speaking out in support of gay people?

See but you don't add anything to either side by spewing crap like that. I'm not defending the post in question. I'm simply stating YOU think religion is BS. Some people, think homosexuality is BS. I don't think religion is BS, and as a Christian who frequently attends church, I'm not fearful of homosexuals, I'm not hateful of homosexuals, and even though I am enlisted in the United States Army, I'm not exactly a fan of war. Things that will always exist, love, tolerance, acceptance. Things that will also always exist, fear, hate, and war. Nearly 7 billion people on this planet, I might personally know 7 or 800 of them...of that demographic, I might consider 5 or 6 of them VERY good friends. I might love 70 or 80. I might not care for 2 or 300. And I might be impartial to the rest. If everybody (and this includes you) just let everyone be, there would in fact be a lot less fear, hate and war. Religion doesn't spread those things, intolerance, that word people like to throw around like it has no weight, is what spreads those things. Again, a Christian who does not support homosexuality is not intolerant. A homosexual who understands this is not intolerant. A soldier who serves his country (regardless of the reasons he is sent to fight) and genuinely cares about the people whose country he is occupying, is not intolerant. The people of said country that shakes that soldiers hand are not intolerant. An atheist who befriends or loves religious people is not intolerant, and a religious person who befriends or loves atheists are not intolerant. A good example of intolerance is in your post. "Religion is BS..." That's fine. To me it isn't. I'm a pretty tolerant fellow.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   

The "fine example of Christianity" was sarcasm. Also, sure the people in Africa have it worse.

On the other hand, let's say that I get hit in the face with a baseball and my friend shuts her hand in a car door. My pain is greater, but does that mean my friend should be denied some Aspirin to relieve her pain or that she should just leave the car door on her hand?

Pain because of bullying and discrimination doesn't suddenly become completely invalid or less psychologically damaging, especially when we're talking about kids, just because I can point to somebody else down the street that has it worse.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join