It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama "would you please raise my taxes?"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Talk about having a plant in the audience! Former Google exec Doug Edwards has an odd request for Obama..

The man (Obama) is desperate, I tell ya!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
The Federal Government has already proven beyond the shadow of a doubt that they can't make any progress on fixing things by throwing money at it (honestly does this ever really work?) yet these stooges want to give them MORE money to blow on stupid things? I really would like to know what medication these people are on that it disables their basic logic and reasoning and lets them believe that more money is going to fix the current host of problems rather than actually addressing the issues.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Now, I want to know why rich people are asking for tax raises? They don't tend to let go of their money to freely, otherwise they wouldn't have gotten rich.
edit on 9/27/2011 by Mcupobob because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Mcupobob

There is nothing stopping them from writing a check to Obama if they feel so guilty...

PS: Your link is broken.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
One person (Warren Buffet) suggested they raise taxes and suddenly Obama comes out with the "Buffet Rule" (which is ridiculous because it affects people making more than a million dollars yet Buffet is a billionaire, so shouldn't it affect people making more than a billion dollars?) This is just another lame attempt at feigning support for raising taxes. They have a few billionaires (who probably won't get taxed in the first place because they have all their money overseas) and that is supposed to convince people somehow that taxes are a good thing. I don't work so tax all you want, I've John Galted this society a long time ago.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Thats what the video points out actually. Thanks for pointing that out just fixed.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Him and Warren Buffet. And there was the Zuckerburg kid and a pack of youngsters too...What is with these crazy Millionaires? I blame the photon belt making them suddenly altruistic and philanthropic.

But not the wealthy Republicans. Takes more than a photon belt to make them part with a dime, no matter how dire the situation is. "Let them eat cake." ....I think I heard one of them say.

edit on 27-9-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

One person (Warren Buffet) suggested they raise taxes and suddenly Obama comes out with the "Buffet Rule" (which is ridiculous because it affects people making more than a million dollars yet Buffet is a billionaire, so shouldn't it affect people making more than a billion dollars?) This is just another lame attempt at feigning support for raising taxes. They have a few billionaires (who probably won't get taxed in the first place because they have all their money overseas) and that is supposed to convince people somehow that taxes are a good thing. I don't work so tax all you want, I've John Galted this society a long time ago.

Buffet pays himself $1 a year so he pays less income taxes than his secretary. He then earns $billions on investments and pays a much lower tax rate than the rate on income.
edit on 27-9-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
reply to post by Mcupobob

There is nothing stopping them from writing a check to Obama if they feel so guilty...

I like the way Chuck Woolery approaches this issue.

The fat-cat Liberals can't seem to lead by example. Once this game becomes boring, I wonder what/who they target next?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
hopefully they do, im tired of the old "tax them less so they spend more" arguement....if they spent a lot of money they wouldnt be mil/billionaires in the first place.

And tired of the sob stories over 3-4%, sure that may be $50k more for you to pay a year but you still have millions! and you wouldnt be able to make that money if it wasnt for this country in the first place so give a little back you greedy ungrateful SOB's.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Right, if you give rich people more money they create jobs with it. Are you a moron? They buy bigger houses, faster cars, bigger boats and another house for the summer. They create jobs with the extra cash?? LOL.

You stand and call liberals, KoolAid drinking idiots? Are you kidding me? Some people will believe anything Limbaugh and Beck and Hannity will feed them. Without even looking at the obvious.

Obama called and told me to let you know if you are the upper 2% of wage earners that Yes he will raise your taxes. If anyone tells you it's different than that you are being manipulated and lied to.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

that does actually work if the economy is healthy, or shows promise. however, it won't work right now. no one wants to invest because it's too risky, so those with money are going to hoard their wealth, helping to further stagnate the economy.

it isn't that a higher tax on the rich is needed, but at the moment, they don't pay anywhere near what they owe. corporations have lobbyists, and millionaires/billionaires have "people" to find loopholes for them.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
Right, if you give rich people more money they create jobs with it. Are you a moron? They buy bigger houses, faster cars, bigger boats and another house for the summer. They create jobs with the extra cash?? LOL.

You stand and call liberals, KoolAid drinking idiots? Are you kidding me? Some people will believe anything Limbaugh and Beck and Hannity will feed them. Without even looking at the obvious.

Obama called and told me to let you know if you are the upper 2% of wage earners that Yes he will raise your taxes. If anyone tells you it's different than that you are being manipulated and lied to.

But, where did the fast cars, bigger boats and extra house come from?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
2/3 rds of all taxpayers in this country are the small business owners. who pay the majority of the taxes

so when that "person" obvioiusly a prop and plant says that its ridiculous for the simple fact those same small business owners employe the most people in this country.

when taxes are raised you take money out of their pockets and the variable costs continue to rise right along with taxes.

look at it this way you have pitcher of water and comes along a thirsty person so you pour a glass of water out for the dude because the government said so and then comes along another and then comes along another etc

and then what happens? the pitcher has run dry why? because those people arent looking for water anywhere else they go to the easiest place to get it.,

and people need to stop bringing up buffet the dude owes back taxes to the tune of 1 billion dollars and stop using buffet as an example for the simple fact buffet gets paid by capital gains which is a different tax rate for other people.

and there aint nothing stopping any rich person from writing a check its only social justice is when the government has a gun to their head and takes their property.

people need to get off the fascist kick and stop taking the property of what other people have earned stop being greedy and worring aobut what other people have instead of making money for yourself.

i am sick of this stupidty point black what someone else has doesnt belong to you it doesnt belong to the government it belongs to those people.

edit on 27-9-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join