It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate alarmists launch terror, bloodshed against Uganda

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Over 20,000 people made homeless, replaced by carbon sinks in fight against AGW

Armed individuals acting on behalf of the "New Forests Company" trying to earn carbon credits – which are being routinely changed to cash through fraudulent schemes in many countries of the world – came to a village in Uganda, shot a couple of children, and flattened the village. If you have the nerves, read the article to see details

People often talk about colonial masters, capitalists, and politicians as the sources of evil and inhuman acts. But most of us are not told that such things are happening today and their culprits are sometimes the same people who paint themselves as symbols of morality in the Western societies.

The company involved is The New Forests Company

The New Forests Company is a UK-based sustainable and [color=limegreen]socially responsible forestry company
with established, rapidly growing plantations and the prospect of a diversified product base for local and regional export markets which will deliver both attractive returns to investors and significant social and environmental benefits.

KICUCULA, Uganda — According to the company’s proposal to join a United Nations clean-air program, the settlers living in this area left in a “peaceful” and “voluntary” manner.

People here remember it quite differently.

“I heard people being beaten, so I ran outside,” said Emmanuel Cyicyima, 33. “The houses were being burnt down.”

Other villagers described gun-toting soldiers and an 8-year-old child burning to death when his home was set ablaze by security officers.

NY Times article

Uganda Story

Is this another Al Gore / George Soros ploy ?

WHO would think an international company could do such a thing?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
To think they get investors who support their "ethical" methods of doing "what's right for the Earth".
Same old colonialism, different ad campaign.
It's always the poor with no resources who are robbed and murdered in the name of Progress.
I can't believe this story is being ignored like this.
Are we collectively giving up on Africa and it's people?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
To think they get investors who support their "ethical" methods of doing "what's right for the Earth".
Same old colonialism, different ad campaign.
It's always the poor with no resources who are robbed and murdered in the name of Progress.
I can't believe this story is being ignored like this.
Are we collectively giving up on Africa and it's people?

Africa is a "Catch-22". If you try to do something you are accused of either taking advantage of the people or trying to take over them. If you do nothing, you are accused of neglect.

new topics

join