It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Important input needed!!! re Astroids, Elenin, YU55 etc: Calling experts/novices!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Due to the fact that I have absolutely no knowedge of astonomy I would like to invite all you wizzes that have at least some knowledge to please give me your take on a factor that dawned on me literally with the waking during dawn this morning.

I am very new here on ATS and this is my very first OP. I have followed all the interesting posts about said topics, including the light flashes in the sky, the roaring sounds, the fire ball in Argentina, things at DIA, etc.

With the possibility of the YU55 and all the other Astroids and stuff passing so 'close' to earth is it at all possible that due to the current polar shift (please see link below re Tampa Airport for those very few of you that are not aware of this) the magnetic force around the earth is weakening. That magnetic force is what really protects us from solar flairs and other space stuff hitting us, is that not correct? (I saw this on an 'planet earth' like programme a couple of month ago.)

re Tampa airport and the polar shift
www.networkworld.com...

So, please guys, is it at all possible that TPTB have reconed this phenomena or weaker electromagnetic forces into their caculations and due to this realise that the S might H T F ?

Please if you respond, use laymans English for dummies. Your fancy educated astrophysical terms do impress me but I would like to understand what you are telling me.

....just asking
edit on 27-9-2011 by UnlimitedSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
The Earth's magnetic field isn't weakening. The north magnetic pole can move around, its no big deal. The Earth's magnetic field is not from a solid magnet so there is no way it could be weakened. It is created by molten metal at the core, its movement creates this field. Layers facing the Sun can snap under pressure but a new one will take its place.

Check this video out for some scientific findings.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

GR8! Thanx for your reply.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Is this an attempt to harvest information ?

It doesnt matter when the hit sh*ts the fan or not ,

are you ready if it does ?

More important a topic by far is designed-permanent systems , and building for future communities with all 'limiting' factors , any contingency , not just 'space-weather' in mind.

If NASA knows anything , this is where the future will/should/could/have to/ go . You are looking at a fortunes-worth of up to date intelligence , bar the nonsense posts of course . Welcome to ATS , hope it all helps to exercise your mind and expand your horizons .

Dont use txt style writing thx as this is a global community .
edit on 27-9-2011 by ZIPMATT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

Not sure I agree re magnetic field not weakening. Found this from Physics Forum:
I'm no expert of course, but according to the NOVA documentary on this subject, the scientists do not expect a complete disappearance of the magnetic field if it intends to flip. They only predict a drop of strenght to as low as 10-20% of what it is today. That in itself seems scary enough. Also they predict this drop to occur during the next 1000 years, but they do not have any idea when the actually flip will occur.

The earth could remain in the 10-20% strength level for another 1000 years which has occurred in the past. It is also said that during this time the magnectic field will not have a designated north or south pole. In fact a compass would be completely useless since polarities of north and south will appear in various parts of the earth. The danger of having a magnetic field so low in strenght is that the solar winds will be able to penetrate the earth's atmosphere with greater intensity and greater radiation. The good thing about it will be that aurora lights will be seen almost all over the world.

Also, please read this page from National Geographic:
news.nationalgeographic.com...

Yes, I am preparing.
I would rather be a fool who prepares even though nothing happens in the end, than a damned fool who does not prepare.

Please tell me what is meant by 'do not ues txt style?' excuse my ignorance.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by UnlimitedSky

I think they are referring to your use of cellphone shorthand in your above post. People from all over the world read the forums on this website and some even rely on a translator which cannot translate garbage speak.

If the Earth's magnetic field were weakening, we would see auroras down here in Texas. Until that time I am not afraid or aware of any weakening. How can the Earth's core stop spinning? How can the Earth stop moving around the Sun? These are two things that would have to happen for the magnetic field to "weaken".

EDIT - About the article you posted above. Scientists still don't fully understand how the Earth creates its magnetic field. The Earth's magnetic field goes through changes just like the Suns does, but I would not call that weakening. I would call that a cycle.
edit on 27-9-2011 by BIGPoJo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join