It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it ok for my pregnant girlfriend to still shoot?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Honestly couldn't tell if this was a 2nd Amend. rant or not...
Should have known...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Nick_X

The OPs link is to a H&K Airsoft model....but in his OP, he mentions his girlfriend shooting a "Glock"

Technically he said it was a... "Glock lol"

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
hahhaa did anyone else read the title and think WTF is this hahhaahaa. Yes I would think its ok. The fetus would prolly shat its pants though. If it had pants yet.
edit on 27-9-2011 by shamaniski because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmusicmr

I would suggest that during her pregnacy she take a small break from any shooting. Hunting or going to the range puts the unborn child under stress and also exposes the Mother and child to the danger of some freak accident to occur. Just my advice. No need to take a chance my friend. ~SheopleNation

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
you could just keep her shooting and name the baby John Conner... we might need someone to lead this world after the machines take over!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Let's see, she's pregnant and she's more concerned about shooting a firearm?

Why even bother?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
My missus is midwife and she can't see a problem with it... After all your wife is pregnant... Not sick.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by hudsonhawk69

Of course, no concern for the safety of the unborn child.

Think, guns are LOUD. To a fetus, that would be torture.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

I dont think any harm would come from airsoft guns.. But if you want to be cautious you could have her wear thicker clothing or something..

But I doubt strike of an airsoft pellet would hurt her or the fetus..

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Torture? Sound through an abdominal wall, uterine wall and surrounded by amniotic fluid would be torture? I would be more concerned by recoil than sound. Preggo mamas, leave the .50 cal at home but the 9mm is probably safe.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Since it's only an air soft gun you're talking about, I would imagine there isn't any loud noise or gun smoke. I don't think it would really be a problem as long as she doesn't get all crazy by running and jumping around, etc.
But if you two are having doubts about it, then it would probably be better if she just didn't do it for now.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I dont think she should have any problems fireing an airsoft gun.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   

CONGRATULATIONS!

When I was pregnant with my small, I went to the cinema to see an action film, every time a gun went off she jumped, and squirmed throughout. I didn't enjoy that sensation at all. So I left a quarter of the way through the film.
When I got out into the foyer bit I noticed she'd given herself hiccups in all the excitement..

I was about 6/7months at this point though..

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jeramie

Even at 6-7 weeks she'd be fine..

Course later on I quite agree with you..

I doubt she'd want to anyways.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

I wouldnt let anyone craving ice cream & pickels hold a gun!

haha

just saying my baby's moma got a little nuts toward the end of the pregnancy and Iam glad she wasnt armed.

just a tad unstable with all them hormones running thru her system

sorry girls, dont flame me its just the truth of my situation. lol

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by lunchmanstan

No flaming
Total agreement.
Towards the end of my pregnancy.. hormonepocalypse..

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schkeptick
I shot competitively (rifle and pistol) throughout my first pregnancy without problems.

You earned it!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I'm really not sure why she'd want to.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Congratulations!!!

As far as your girlfriend going to the range, people are going to have different opinions. I, personally, went to the range to fire my .22 and my hubby's .45 during all three of my pregnancies. As I got further along, third trimester, they would jump, kick, and squirm so I backed off for a few months until they were born. I also noticed that my balance was off and harder for me to steady myself and didn't want to fall when I fired the gun. This happened when I bowled in my last trimester as well. But with that said, the first and second trimesters, I was fine. None of my kids have hearing problems or deformations. Well, I say that, but my 15 year old I am sure is going deaf due to the screamo music he listens to at high decimals through those ear buds, but he also probably has selective hearing like all teenagers and his "lack" of listening isn't due to my target practice at the range when I was pregnant with him. But as always, you and your girlfriend should always talk to her doctor before engaging in something you aren't sure about. Better safe than sorry. Again congratulations.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

And terrorize the unborn child? An unborn child can hear too!

I agree. Can you imagine going into a room with a sleeping baby (over and over again) and firing a gun and expecting that baby not to react negatively. You'd # your pants if it happened to you. And if it happened a lot you'd be a quivering wreck of a man in no time.

NO, she shouldn't shoot while pregnant. Get her some Bach to listen to and a cross-stitch kit or summit.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join